Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Roll to be a Shaper - Turn 22: Kir's Plan B  (Read 17356 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper - a space left. also, Turn 3 soon.
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2011, 07:13:26 pm »

Quite a few brave souls checking out a barred building. Usually that means an experiment gone wrong in this world.

Either way, I will head for the academy with my fellow shapers.
Well, I didn't say it was a loud building, or a obviously dangerous one. just that you could see the glint very valuable puresteel in canister shape inside.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper - a space left. also, Turn 3 soon.
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2011, 09:59:49 pm »

(Updated my sheet. Is it now good?)
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper - Turn 3: Introductions, Con't.
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2011, 10:08:09 pm »

Yes it is.

You meet yet another apprentice on your way up the hill, and Kaguro says hello to him as well. He follows you reluctantly back up the hill, mumbling about expectations and family.

Once you make it inside, you are (4) Not bothered or noticed much until the head researcher is actually informed you five are here. He then slowly introduces you to everyone who cares to know that there are new apprentices, which ends up being a tiny 3 people out, plus Head Shaper Qwan. The three are Shaper Rik, Agent Zenenez, and Commander Steve. Com. Steve tells you to not ask why he has a boring name compared to the other two.

Shaper Rik gives each of the Shapers a separate but same first objective (learn how to and successfully create [creation])
Agent Zenenez gave Hikari directions to Room 312, but when he arrives there it is apparently empty...
Commander Steve asks Ima what weapon he wants to use.

(6) Apprentice Shaper Kaguro's job was to make a fyora.
(6) Apprentice Shaper Haika's job was to make an artila.
(1) Apprentice Shaper Anoth's job is to make a very durable (but not stupid enough to punch every apprentice to practice melee attacks on it) thahd.

You can go anywhere on the island now; It is mainly hiily plains, with farms closer to town and scattered forests. Head Shaper Qwan, when asked about why a Shaper would need money on a shaper controlled island, answered thus:
"The people of the town will stay happier if we do not simply take anything we require from them without compensation. There are many dozens of exceptions to this idea, but none of them involve apprentices. So take 100 gold if you wish to mess about the town or buy some kind of food we do not have, then come back here for anything you actually need to use. No alcohol in here, except for experiments involving it and the effect thereof on specific creations. That is what the townpeople made a tavern for."
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 10:46:59 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2011, 10:54:12 pm »

Go explore, and scout the barred building for guards and the like.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2011, 11:04:12 pm »

"I would like a baton, sir."
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2011, 11:26:16 pm »

I nod and go to seek out a essence pool to power my attempt to create a Thahd as asked, so that I may try more then once if the first try doesn't work without depleting my energy too much. But first I go get my allowance of 100 gold that we were just given.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2011, 12:09:57 am »

"Hmm, I guess it cannot be helped." The Unekaru successor gathers his 100 gold(assuming the 100 is for each of us and not a group amount?).

Haika was brought up with old shaper values. The modern shaper world is much more open, and less oppressive. Even so, he dosen't like dealing with non-shapers much, and sharing what he knows to these 'instructors' is bad enough.

The fool asked for an Artila? WHY? Haika's elder Artila was right next to him the whole time. It takes some time for Haika to ponder this, even if the instructor wanted him to absorb the pet, it makes little sense to randomly have him make a new one. Either these instructors are totally incompetant, or more likely they are just refusing to teach anything to the new students since the level of trust is still so low.

Therefore, I shall appease his choice. Haika will attempt to create an Artila, with 150 points of es spread evenly across it's skills. Basically the highest quality Artila he can make.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2011, 12:19:35 am »

(Do you want another one? The 6 let you skip the first task. Not complaining about it if you do want one, though. Also yes, 100 each.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2011, 01:24:19 am »

Search the room for clues, or secret entrances.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2011, 03:11:45 am »

(Do you want another one? The 6 let you skip the first task. Not complaining about it if you do want one, though. Also yes, 100 each.)

I'm curious to see exactly how it all works. So yeah, let's give it a try. I can always absorb it again in typical Shaper fashion right?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

yep, you can.

(1) Hikari fails at everything searching related this time.
After finding an essence pool, Haika tries to make a new artila to give his older one some company, or something. The shaping is (1+1) unsuccessful, but the artila is alive...somewhat. Probably not for long.
Anoth's thahd on the other hand, is (6+1!) quite well made and impressive to look at, for a thahd. it cost 26 essence altogether, and Anoth seems to have learned more on thahds from examing his creeation.

Ima is given a normal thorn baton, and 6 thorn sets. It is a ranged weapon, so Com. Steve asks if you want a sword or something else before you go train, or do something else.

Scouting around the warded building shows no guards or surveillance, (2) but the door has a blastback ward on it to those who don't notice its there. Kaguro is knocked into the building opposite, but is not too hurt. He shrugs it off and decides where to explore next.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Search again there is something here I know it.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, that was less than impressive. I shall absorb the useless Artila and try again. Now it's a matter of personal pride.

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile

Oh, a baton's a ranged weapon? Huh. I haven't played Geneforge in years, and it seems like I don't remember much. :P

"Actually, on second thought, I would rather have a sword, sir."
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 01:55:48 pm by Imakuni »
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Oh, a baton's a ranged weapon? Huh. I haven't played Geneforge in years, and it seems like I don't remember much. :P

"Actually, on second thought, I would rather have a sword, sir."
Yep, ranged. shoots thorns. thorn baton can't shoot venom thorn because that what venom batons to, and so on.
Swords and whatever else weapon you want is ok, like axes or something. (I'm not sticking to the games exactly, but most of it itemwise will be fairly close.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17