Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Roll to be a Shaper - Turn 22: Kir's Plan B  (Read 17353 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper - Plenty of open spaces.
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2011, 11:58:52 am »

Hurray, more people.

(2+2) Kaguro creates a typical Fyora and pats its head while Hikari tells the harbor man that they are indeed Shapers, here for training.
"Ok then, go right ahead sirs." He says, then walks towards another arriving boat.
Another apprentice walks out of a nearby warehouse, an oldish artilla with him. He introduces himself as Haika. Where will you go first?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2011, 12:23:54 pm »

Find our instructors.

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2011, 02:35:55 pm »

Character Sheet:
Name: Ima
Guardian
How you were accepted into the Shapers: Lineage
Bio: His parents, both Shapers, were killed by an experiment fail while he was a baby, so he lived with his grandfather, who is a guardian. Taught how to fight from a very young age, as well as some shaping basics. His grandfather didn't teach him too much in the way of shaping though, as he didn't want another death from a failed experiment.

Melee IV
General Armor Proficiency
Shields II (It's 20 points because I'm a guardian, right?)
Essence
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 02:43:29 pm by Imakuni »
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 03:13:01 pm »

Wasn't Imakuni that weird guy from the old Pokemon Trading Card Game Game boy color game that changed the music of the area when he was there?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 03:35:43 pm »

Also attempt to find out instructors, giveing the new apprentice a small greeting.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2011, 03:49:29 pm »

Yes it is.
Also, we have 4 people now! probably going to stop it at 6.

A guardian apprentice notices you while walking around the pier looking for his partner, and introduces himself as Ima. Kaguro greets them both, and Ima leads you into town instead of waiting any longer.

There are multiple shops nearby, but you didn't get any money sent with you. You wonder how you'll get equipment without it...

Also in town:
a few people who aren't to busy.
A tavern
More storage buildings.
A warded building with large 'NO ENTRY' posters. You can see the glint of puresteel canisters between the window boards...

Or just go see the instructors/researchers.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2011, 03:54:26 pm »

Haika observes the other students that meet him when he goes outside. He was planning to head to the facility himself, but it seems at least one of these are adept enough to create a fyora. The red beasts were not Haika's favorites by far, but they showed that there was some skill, so the man nodded silently in response to the greeting and walked over.

One of the other standing nearby was clearly of a shady sort. Haika mentally orders his artlia to keep an eye on him, but not attack him outright. And the other yet, a physical sort. Good to keep around if fighting broke out.

Meanwhile he introduces himself to Kaguro, "I am Haika Unekaru, I assume you are here for the instructions?"

(as for solid action, assuming I know where the 'school' is, I'll lead the others there, if not, I shall find a random servile and interrogate with typical shaper forcefullness in my voice.)

[ps: we are shapers, in I assume a shaper controlled town(if there's a school of some sort here), why would we need money?]
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 03:56:02 pm by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2011, 03:55:26 pm »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper - 2 or so spaces left.
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2011, 03:57:33 pm »

@Haika: You all know where the research facility is, its on the biggest hill nearby ;)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2011, 04:14:41 pm »

Wasn't Imakuni that weird guy from the old Pokemon Trading Card Game Game boy color game that changed the music of the area when he was there?

Yup. :P

Head up to the research facility, with or without the others, taking a mental note to ask about that warded off building if I get the chance later.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 04:16:57 pm by Imakuni »
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2011, 04:21:18 pm »

Yup. :P
I remeber the most random things sometimes. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2011, 04:26:19 pm »

Character Sheet:
Name: Anoth
Shaper
How you were accepted into the Shapers: He was born into an old family of shapers, and was pretty much expected to make the grade. Or else.
Bio: Old blood that doesn't really want to be of it. All the attention and expectations can be annoying, as well as his families scorn for being in the middle of the class instead of the top. Still, he has done ok in his opinion, and is sure he can make his mark on the world... outside his families shadow.

Skills
Part of the Shapers
Chitin Armor Proficiency
Noted Inherent Magical Ability
Melee I
Ranged I
Stealth II (20 Points)
Essence (unranked) (10)
Cryoa Biology (10)
Heal I [10]
Haste I [10]
Battle Shaping II [30]
Thahd I
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 11:22:49 pm by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2011, 04:32:52 pm »

Cryoa requires three levels of Fyora, its an upgraded version. (should I point out all the upgradeds in the list?)
Thahd would work fine if you had Battle Shaping, though. (I'm basically giving people a creation for whatever points they have left after they pick the rest of the skills.)
You don't have to list the auto skills, they're just there to point out that they are there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper - a space left. also, Turn 3 soon.
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2011, 05:05:32 pm »

Find out instructors, but make a note to self to....explore that building, who knows what's inside? Greet Haika "I am Kaguro, and yes."
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper - a space left. also, Turn 3 soon.
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2011, 07:06:39 pm »

Quite a few brave souls checking out a barred building. Usually that means an experiment gone wrong in this world.

Either way, I will head for the academy with my fellow shapers.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17