Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: Roll to be a Shaper - Turn 22: Kir's Plan B  (Read 17356 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Side note: The Discipline Wand is quite a bit stronger than the thorn baton, but it has a definite limit to its use. Thorn batons keep working until they run out of reloads.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile

Would we be able to do something like have somebody hurl a firebolt inside to illuminate things for a second? Or would that stray too far from the original game? :P
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Sure, if you don't mind a roll to see if you accidentally hit one with it as well.
I'm trying to stick to the games, but theres only so much you could do the way they were made, much more is possible here as long as it makes sense within the geneforge world.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Haika snorts slightly at the others planning some advanced strategy. They are rogue creations that need to be destroyed. He turns his mind onto creating another artila, while ordering the other two to stand before him, and fire on any creation that seems aggressive towards the group.

(also, is there a leadership limit on creation numbers? I know the early games more than the latter ones, so I'm not sure how you want to work it.)
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile

Ah, okay then.

Ask if somebody can hurl a firebolt or something into the cave to illuminate it, seeing as I'm a Guardian and would be unable to. Oh, and put myself in front of the others and ready myself for the impending fight, since I can't really do anything else at the moment.
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

(also, is there a leadership limit on creation numbers? I know the early games more than the latter ones, so I'm not sure how you want to work it.)
There is a leadership limit for creations that are either a) higher than Int 4 or b) known to be hard to control (drayks, cryodrayks, drakons, ur-drakons, etc.) the rest are just creations, except for serviles which are kinda a grey area here. A small army of cannon fodder will still fail against a commando squad of highly skilled creations, though.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 10:50:17 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

Serviles are hard to control becouse almost no one ever shapes them anymore, they take too much energy to shape so they made them capable of breeding. It's in their nature to want to serve Shapers, they are usually raised to do that, and they still have the original 'designs' so a Shaper can use their powers to attempt to exert control. But they can think for themselves and rebel, it's just extremely rare unless an outside force pushes them towards it. Also in 'canon' no Shaper can control a Drakon, and from a gameplay standpoint the ones you make are usually weaker 1 for 1 than NPC Drakons. I take this to mean the player makes an inferior version to the real one, but that's just guessing on my part.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Serviles are hard to control becouse almost no one ever shapes them anymore, they take too much energy to shape so they made them capable of breeding. It's in their nature to want to serve Shapers, they are usually raised to do that, and they still have the original 'designs' so a Shaper can use their powers to attempt to exert control. But they can think for themselves and rebel, it's just extremely rare unless an outside force pushes them towards it. Also in 'canon' no Shaper can control a Drakon, and from a gameplay standpoint the ones you make are usually weaker 1 for 1 than NPC Drakons. I take this to mean the player makes an inferior version to the real one, but that's just guessing on my part.
I'd always thought it was because the NPC drakons had more time to become stronger/shape themselves more resistant, while the ones you made were like trying to stuff superman inside a clone and mostly succeeding.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

That makes sense on some levels, but some of the Drakons you run into where litterally just made and are still, usually, stronger than your own. But once again, just guessing here. It might just be the PC has something special that let's them control Drakons but not enough essance to make them their usual strength.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I can hardly make normal creations now, let alone elite ones. and my tactics in the games as a shaper has always been more of a swarm type shaper.

Haika has a Guardian, an Agent, and someone who's shaping battle creations with him to handle the front line. So his crew of acid spitting serpent ranged fighters should work nicely.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Kaguro fires a firebolt into the cave.  (2) The flash is too distant to be much help, the small-looking cave is much deeper than you expected. You do just barely see some blue, though, so the cryoa is confirmed.

(waiting for adwarf to start the fight proper, but this seemed small enough to be thrown in as a pre-turn)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Follow the others plan, and provided support where possible.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper - Turn 6: Cryoa of (almost) Doom!
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2011, 10:15:40 am »

Music?

Ima stands at the front of the group and unsheathes his sword, (1) His iron armor reflecting light into the cave and irritating the majority of the rogues.
(4,5,1,1,1/6,3,5,6,7) (-1 attack/+1 defence from the iron armor)
The fyora's attacks are almost entirely harmless against the sturdy metal, except for one that hit Ima in the elbow (7 damage). The iron is quite uncomfortable now, though.
After that unexpected barrage, the thahds are sent in. (2,2/4,3) They both miss their targets, but not by too much. Kaguro's fyoras move up somewhat and fire back (4,3/1,2), hitting two of the rogues square on. (14 dmg each) Anoth's Artilas are told to attack next, (6,4/6,1), one missing the evasive fyora and adding another dent in the cave wall, the other splashing a fyora with acid. (22 dmg)
Kaguro, Anoth, and Hikari shoot a thorn at a fyora and miss, (2,2, and again, 2.) while Haika focuses on (3) making a third artila.
The cryoa runs forward a bit, looks at the thadhs, then looks at Mr. shiny, then at the Shapers and Agent. It then shoots at Haika, hitting him in the chest and knocking him unconscious from the force of the blow. (6/1, crit for 44 damage!)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rogues' Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:22:27 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2011, 10:20:51 am »

Continue the attack.

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2011, 01:47:43 pm »

Well, I kind of messed that one up, didn't I?

Charge straight at the Cryoa and attack, maybe I can pull it to attack me rather than the others.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17