Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Roll to be a Shaper - Turn 22: Kir's Plan B  (Read 17345 times)

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, time to show my creation off to the researcher then..." I note as I make plans to go visit the village and see what they have afterwards.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

Frown and attempt to find a way past the blastback ward. Now this is an annoyance.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Hikari does (3) barely well enough to spot her behind the marginally off-kilter wall paneling. Agent Zenenez is not impressed.
Haika tries again, (1+1) again not doing as well as he expected. Bah. Ima trades for the sword.
Anoth shows the thadh to Shaper Rik, who is impressed at the speed. He gives him a Essence pod.

All of you are called to the conference room for a actual assignment now that they know you aren't completely idiots. Shaper Rik starts.
"There is a large rogue nest to the northeast in the forest. Remove it and come back not-dead, If you can. If you cannot clear them out, theres always other apprentices, I guess. Any questions?" He hands Ima the map, and suggests all of you get armor out of the armory first.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ugh, really. 2, crit fails in a row... I want new dice dealer...

That said, I'm a shaper, I don't wear armor, and to be able to fight, I NEED creations. So this time I'm going to attempt to create a plated artila, 2 points in int for control, everything else base standard. Need to get my army set up, or I'll never be very functional.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile

Righty-o then.

Ignore the advice and all concerns for personal safety and charge headlong into the forest.

Er, I mean, Go to the armory, and get some better, more Guardian-worthy armor. Oh, and a shield, if they have one.
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Ugh, really. 2, crit fails in a row... I want new dice dealer...
Do you want the other blue die, or the plain white one? :P

More seriously, you would do better to have chitin armor if you are going after rogues, there is occasionally the smart one who shoots (or runs) past the big shiny swordsman and at the flimsy robe guy instead.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Time to go get the armor then, before heading off to the essence pool. Another thadh would make a nice meat shield, and then it's time to meet with the others... hum, maybe he should ask for a baton, too, before he goes.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doesn't seem right that my guy would wear armor, and I thought that was what the skill was for? If you can wear the armor without the skill, what does the skill do?
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile

I believe General Armor Proficiency is for armor better than chitin, because there is an [AUTO] skill called chitin armor proficiency.
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go grab some weapons, and armor fit for an agent.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

Get a basic Thorn Baton and make another Fyora, with 2 INT
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

I believe General Armor Proficiency is for armor better than chitin, because there is an [AUTO] skill called chitin armor proficiency.
This. Chitin is crap armor, but it doesn't weigh much and its better than nothing. You can go on without it if you want, though. I'm not going to throw it at you.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Haika (2+1, 3+1) doesn't remember how exactly a plated artila is plated, but he at least gets a decent artila created this time. Ima goes and gets Iron armor, giving the chitin to Hikari, who grabs a thorn baton and a couple thorn sets. They don't have a usable shield at the moment, though. Anoth grabs some chitin armor as well, and a baton with 2 thorn sets. He then (2+2) creates another thadh. Kaguro (4) makes another fyora. Onwards you go, the map (5) being great help when you start to get lost. You arrive at a small cave with a noticeable amount of growling coming from the inside.

Listening Roll, Status order: (1,6,1,1,1)
Anoth hears quite a few fyoras and at least one cryoa in there, but the rest of you hear nothing distinct. Will you fight them inside, or try to bring them out into the open?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Looks like they have some artillery. Summons first, and we provide support?" Anoth Suggests.
Forenia Forever!

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

"Thadh should be sent first, followed by the Fyora, then the Artila, then us as Creations are expendable, we are not"
Because I can"-WolfTengu
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17