Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Roll to be a Shaper - Turn 22: Kir's Plan B  (Read 17332 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper - Turn 20: Do rebels have relatives?
« Reply #225 on: July 30, 2011, 02:10:12 pm »

Town

Haika walks into Ye Eyepatche Shoppe, and comes out with an eyepatch. He then goes to Will the tavernman and tries to talk him into coming peacefully after asking for a bit of privacy.
(2+1) "Sure, I'll have a private chat with yonder piratical shaper." He points Haika to the backroom.
"Qwon wants to talk to you now." Haika says, getting straight to the point. Will asks why. "Because he thinks you know the rebels' password."
"Why would I know that? Has the town suddenly teleported near the rebel camp or something?"Will asks, annoyed.
"Because you're the tavern owner. much is said and done in these kinds of places." Haika replies. The Tavernman ponders this for a moment, then yells at Zeke over the niose from the front.
(6) "Zeke! Bring that barrel over here. The 'special' one." Will says, backing away a bit in a way that seems to be so Haika can see it by himself. "I'll admit there has been a certain man by the name of Kir here, but thats all I know. He wouldn't tell me whats in this barrel, so I can only assume it was supposed to be hidden for the Shapers. Although if you're asking about rebels..." Will says, seeming to pick up on something, "perhaps it was supposed to be hidden from the Shapers....

I'm just going to step out now. Whatever it is, I don't want any part of it. What was your name again?"
"Shaper Haika"
"Well good evening to you then, Shaper Haika. I hope thats what you wanted, but don't shoot the messenger if it isn't!" Tavernman Will says, walking back up to the counter in a somewhat hurried fashion.

Gate
"Great, at least some still follow the old, honorable ways. I'd been prepared to tackle you." The Guard says. "I am Guardian Zitan, formerly of Commander Kizarn."
"Guadian Ima, of Commander Steve."
"Well met! Serviles, retreat please." The servile squad does, though several of them look sad they didn't get to do anything. "Ok then, now that that is out of the way, En garde!" Zitan says, drawing his sword quite fast.
(4,3) (3,4) The first strike is blocked by both, and Ima can see that Zitan has a better sword than him, it being of the runed steel variety, but the armor is no different.

In the camp
"Go sneak into the shaper hall or something, you blabbering probably former apprentice! I do not have the time to be teaching newbies how to be good at leading." The rebel leader says to Hikari annoyedly. He then returns to his maps and folderfuls of information as a familiar shaper walks in.

"Sir, are you too busy for a question?" Hikari hears Anoth says while he is walking out of the tent. He turns to him with a slightly less annoyed look.
"I don't recognize you, but at least you're polite about it. What is it, newbie shaper?"
"I've just come here from the shaper hall as an apprentice after Shaper Rik-"
"You mean Agent Kir?" he interrupts.
"Is that what his real name is? well anyway, after he told us about the rebellion, and it sounds interesting, but what are we actually doing?" Anoth finishes.
(3) "Like everyfreakingbody else, I will tell you when I have the plan finished. Now out with ye!"

(2) Kaguro gets lost in the camp. He does manage to meet Anoth, though.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 30, 2011, 02:16:50 pm »

Ask for directions for someone who knows alot about shapeing(and hopefully the canisters)
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 30, 2011, 02:20:03 pm »

Continue the duel, while asking Zitan why he decided to rebel.
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 30, 2011, 04:32:38 pm »

I will stop the Tavernman. "I'm sorry, but I was told to come back with you. Not some sort of barrel. Though I suppose it should be brought along.  If you are willing to cooperate, we can still deal with this civilly. Otherwise... " I then gesture to the plated artilla, to remind the tavernman of the creations waiting to melt his livelyhood with acid.

( OOC, not sure you meant for him to come or not, been a while since we actually had things moving here, but Haika was told to bring the tavernman to Qwon, by any means nessicary. I'm not going to just let the guy walk away)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 04:36:03 pm by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 30, 2011, 04:37:42 pm »

(Whichever way you want. you can believe him not knowing anything except Kir having been there, or you can bring him with you anyway. Don't be meta, though.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 30, 2011, 04:56:06 pm »

Search for someone to teach me magical abilites, adn advanced stealth techniques.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 30, 2011, 10:19:31 pm »

Anoth shrugs, and attempts to learn how to summon a ranged creation, or trades his healing or haste spell to someone to get them to teach him.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper - Turn 21: Runes and Plans
« Reply #232 on: July 31, 2011, 05:29:54 pm »

Tavern
Will sighs, and agrees."Fine, I'm coming. But you're carrying the barrel, whatever it is is your problem and only yours now." Haika points out the likely weight of it, then his not-exactly-buff form. "D'you want me to come or not? You carry the thing he left for you people, I come civilly. Otherwise you get Zeke the backroom worker, theres plenty of other work I've got besides trudge up that hill for no apparent reason and most of it involves moving barrels I actually have a use for. Try lifting one of 'em away from the wall before you complain to me about one wimpy barrel again, please." He says irritatedly.

Duel
(5,4) (6,2) Ima, while getting cut up a bit in the process, manages to land a serious cut on Zitan's shoulder, slicing thorough the chainmail linkage and making his arm start to bleed.  Some of the blood lands on the sword runes, which flare up on contact with it as a red glow starts to emanate from the sword. You both back off again as Ima asks why he rebelled.
"Why did I rebel? This sword is why! Kizarn said the runes were a curse! He said they'd bring about my death! He said I should melt the sword down and reforge it without a runecrafter's help! But they never have, its been the opposite actually. The more that blood lands onto it, the worse the cuts become and the quicker the battle ends!" Zitan says.
Spoiler: Zitan (click to show/hide)

In Camp

"Everybody, pay attention!" you hear the leader say. "I've finished talking to Kir, and the plan is ready! We will quietly sail around to the back of the Shaper Hall's hill at midnight, as there is a loading dock there. We will send agents ahead to slay the serviles before we are about to arrive, then storm in! Kir has told me there are no turrets on this side, but be prepared for them as we go around. Shapers, We will need as much turret fodder as possible, but until we find them the army will be very useful as, well, an army of creations. Priority targets are the usual: Reaper Baton or similar wielders first, Discipline wand wielders second, high-tier creations third. Capture Head Shaper Qwon alive if possible. Now, to the ships!"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 06:14:04 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 31, 2011, 05:41:55 pm »

*sigh* AM I not menacing enough? Why does this tavernkeep think me a fool? Fine. I am done being mr nice shaper. "Acid blast his limbs, if he doesn't do exactly what I say from now on." I say this loudly, and with a glare. Then I ORDER this Zeke fellow with a yell to bring that barrel if he values his life. And if people try and talk their way out of things this time, I'm not going to just argue. I'm doing this with force. And no, I'm not touching a barrel with my own hands, that is beneath me, and it's probably dangerous anyway.

Tavernkeep comes with me to Qwon, barrel goes under servile guard to containment for investigation once we reach the entrance to the shaper hall.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 31, 2011, 05:48:00 pm »

(While you do have leadership, you keep failing to intimidate him with it. (secret roll) Thus the annoyed tavernman instead of the agreeable tavernman..)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 31, 2011, 06:10:14 pm »

Hm, so the sword gets more powerful when blood gets on it, eh? Well, then I suppose I'm going to have to avoid doing that, then. Aim for the legs.
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 31, 2011, 06:13:08 pm »

Status added, whoops.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 31, 2011, 08:46:14 pm »

Anoth Summons up another brusier to defend him while he waits for his place to board the ship, and makes sure all his weapons are ready. This is gona be hard but victory will be sweet.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 01, 2011, 04:43:07 am »

Wait for my place on the ship, I have my minions already.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 02, 2011, 12:26:35 pm »

*pokes with the bump stick to keep it off page 2*
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17