Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: Roll to be a Shaper - Turn 22: Kir's Plan B  (Read 17344 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper - Turn 14: It begins!
« Reply #165 on: July 20, 2011, 01:51:50 pm »

About time, though of course I always thought of myself as a full shaper, not some errand boy apprentice. Either way, I shall follow the Head Shaper, and quickly summon another artila along the way(if possible), as with no melee shields, I need more swarm.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 20, 2011, 02:35:21 pm »

"Well, if we need to run, we need to run before we get caught. I'll seek you out again sometime when the wardens aren't about to show up. Anything you'd like us to really do where we were ordered to go smash the 'evil rebels'" Anoth asks in finger quotes "We should go just so we don't get yelled at."
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 20, 2011, 02:58:32 pm »

Wait, when did I get to shaper Rik? Did I find him while searching or something?
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 20, 2011, 03:02:03 pm »

You were there because plot, thats why I had the extra part for you afterwards.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 20, 2011, 05:10:55 pm »

"One last question Shaper Rik, who is leading this rebellion" Kaguro asks, after he gets his answer he leaves the meeting to try and hide.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 20, 2011, 07:55:58 pm »

Ah, okay.

Seek out shaper qwon and tell him about everything that shaper Rik said. A true guardian will always be loyal to the shapers.
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

(Stuff will be divided like this from now on, pretty much. I might flip the order sometimes, though.)

Pro-Shaper
Haika and Head Shaper Qwon meet Ima near a healing pool, looking quite a bit better than before. He tells Qwon everything Rik said, and then announces that he is a true guardian, not a rebel.
"Ah, good, very good, having an armored helper will make things go much more easily. We are not in a place that is usable for proper promotions nor am I Guardian General here, but he is probably asleep and time is of the essence here, so for now you are promoted to full Guardian in absentia. Expect a proper promotion by Steve later on, if you don't die to a bunch of apprentices. Then again *tink*, you've got decent armor on compared to any of us here or there, just beware of artila fire. Onwards!

Hikari Intermission
[AUTOFAIL] Your lack of leadership skill does not make the drayk interested at all. In fact, he seems to think its a rather stupid idea to go near that many shapers with just a single shaper at his side, and not-very-subtly threatens your unconvincing sentence with fireballs if it doesn't go away.

Rebellion
"No, that will just make both sides mad Anoth. Go to the tavernman and say this code: Shaperia Vanishisis, he is agreeable to the rebels and will hide you for awhile if needed. Quickly, be-*doorslam!*...ow."
"Rik! where are you?" Qwon yells as he slams the door on Rik's face. Kaguro (6) quickly brings together a lie to get Rik clear, since his question wasn't asked yet.
"Head Shaper Qwon! Sorry if this is improper, but Shaper Rik isn't here, sir. He told us info on how to get into the rebel camp more easily, and we were almost ready to go. Will you please search for him somewhere else while we get dressed more stealthily?"
(5) "Erm..well, I seem to have been misinformed by someone...Sorry, Apprentices. Carry on with your preparations, but hurry up, we're running out of dark!" Qwon says while much more gently closing the door.

"Ugh..." Shaper Rik says after he peels himself off the wall. "Are you sure you weren't supposed to be an Agent, Kaguro? that was quite the impressive lie for how little time you had. Now excuse-ow-me, I've got a bed that needs tending to before I get forced into anymore paneling. remember the code for tavernman." he says as he carefully walks out of the room.

(don't just say 'go to the tavernman, say the code' or something, say what you'll do after your action.)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 12:36:48 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Screw it get the letter to the rebels as fast as possible do not get caught

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... Umm, so that's it? Qwon doesn't bother to look for Rik, he trusts the word of people he has heavy reason to distrust, and all of us pro shaper types just poof along with him the moment he does? I could see the roll getting them free somehow, but it's also a 6, it should have backlash. Been a while since I played in any RTD.

I guess I... follow along. Also didn't get a roll for my creation this turn, so I guess you're not allowing me to do so while we are supposedly 'searching' for the rebels.

*sigh* I just... argh. I want to pull my hair out at this game. I know your a great guy and all Aklyon, but your GMing is just irritating me to no end. It doesn't feel very convincing, rolls seem very judgemental(not the actual numbers, but when you choose to have rolls done or not), and the writing seems a bit empty on details. I Don't want to quit, because I quite enjoy the Spiderweb worlds, but I don't know how much longer I can deal with this.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper - A post not at all related to anyone's turn
« Reply #174 on: July 21, 2011, 02:21:20 am »

You have another artila, I put it in the Status. I've been trying not to announce every new stat boost in the middle of the turn by just adding everything new or different to the Status instead, not sure if its a better way or a worse way of doing things.

@GMing: It probably is not very convincing, but I wanted to give both sides a chance of getting going while I try to get finished with the beginning. I can understand the rolls seeming to be strangely placed though, because I'm trying to make a story fit through RTD mechanics and its probably not working very well.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 02:23:20 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

Practice with.....whatever the canisters gave me(OOC:make a 2 int Cryoa) while heading to the taven, perhaps this person will answer my questions. Once I arrive let them speak before asking my questions.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anoth was trying not to choose a side yet, thus why he he had said he was going to go look at the site where they were supposed to go, but, eh, rebels it is! Should be fun.

Time to suggest to Kaguro we might want to teach each other our shaping knowledge. Offer to trade healing spell if he knows more then one creation type I don't.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

"All I KNOW are Foyra, the most common creations,but I feel like something has changed after those canisters"
funfact to non geneforge players. The Canisters don't give you knowledge of spells when they give you spells, they make casting that spell instinct.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile

Search for shaper Rik, and if I find him, ask him what he wants me, a "rebel" to do. :P (if he asks why I was gone, I had to heal and go to the bathroom. If he asks why it took so long, armor is quite a bit of trouble to get on and off. :P)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper - Turn 16: Minidrayk!
« Reply #179 on: July 21, 2011, 05:00:43 pm »

At the Shaper Halls
"Shaper Rik! Are you in here? I wanted to ask you something." Ima shouts, with Shaper Qwon hidden outside the door of the room.
"What do you want? if you need to ask a question Guardian, go ask Steve or one of his captains. I am busy preparing false information to for the rebels if those apprentices get captured." Rik replies from the otherside of a light blue shade.
"Its not done yet, sir? I know this is supposed to be helpful, but the longer you keep us delayed the less dark we'll have to attack with." Ima responds, curious on how Rik came up with that so quickly.
"Oh, you all are already set to go now? I suppose if I add a abrupt end...here, it'll still look legit enough, but not as good as I'd hoped. here, make sure you do not open it unless you are a rebel, because while I believe I can trust you bunch to carry it, you aren't authorized to read it as an apprentice, and its gibberish anyway. Off you go now, quickly!" Ima takes the sealed latter and gives it to Qwon outside.

"That certainly sounds like him, but he's still suspicious. leave the letter with me and get going!" Head Shaper Qwon says."What is this bulge here, for?" he says as its opened. (6,6) A microblast of laser-like fire bursts out from the envelope with its extremely enhaced miniaturized drayk inside, setting Qwon's hood and hair on fire as he dunks it into a nearby bucket of water, but comes up coughing from swallowing to much of it. He retrieves the letter and retreats slightly from the angry squirrel-sized semidragon.
Quote from: Rik's note
Have you met my tiny little friend here, Qwon? I sure hope so for your sake, he hates strangers.
(Won't) see you later!

-Kir, the Agent of Essence.

(1) Qwon hears a loud crash of broken window before he can kick the minidrayk out of the way without searing his foot, and only sees a wind-blown midnight blue shaper robe floating slowly down the hill by the time he makes it to the broken window, and stomps his foot repeatedly as Haika comes back from trying to make a plated artila to attack Rik with, plated artila finally in tow. (5)

At the Tavern
Amidst the loud sounds of the tavern at night, there are always odd people. Two Shapers with fyoras and thahds is probably the strangest yet, though, and (1) theres also a chilled puddle of goop on the floor from a failed Cryoa next one of them.
"So, we have shapers here tonight, eh? Have anything to say before I start talking to someone who'll probably actually drink what I give them, not just feed it to lab-beasts? Anoth says 'Shaperia Vanishisis', and he turns more fully towards you both. "Ah, that. go through the back door and knock thrice on the plank with eleven nails in it." He says, and then goes into what looks like a storeroom. You go and do so, and the building apparently has a door attached to said plank. You see the tavernman again, and theres someone else up at the bar now. "So, Kir found us some new recruits, did he? Good for us. D'you have anything to ask before I start talking about things you might need to know?" He then hands both of you an empty barrel half to sit on.

Hikari
(4) You've gotten out of town without anyone spotting you, now theres just the long walk to the north coast ahead of you (as long as theres no sudden surprises on the way, post your action for after you get there.)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17