Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Roll to be a Shaper - Turn 22: Kir's Plan B  (Read 17359 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper - Turn 10
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2011, 08:18:46 pm »

Kaguro jumps through the back window, which is just as boarded up as the front ones. (3) The old wood disagrees, but can't really keep him out. it does manage to make a mess of the outer layers of his robe, though.There are 20 puresteel canisters in here, but the building is very heavily mined with the Shapers living mines, controllable with spores. Very old shaper mines, but they aren't dead yet. Their antenna are pointing at you, so they're still active and aren't programmed to let Shapers pass like most are. Try to reach one anyway?
Anoth sees Kaguro go towards the blocked building, and follows after him. He stays out after spotting the mines, though. Go in, or go somewhere else in town?

Agent Zenenez tells Hikari to check the harbor for any unusual people, but the harbor is empty when you get there.Except for that one boat with its lights on...

Commander Steve says no to Ima. There is the other Guardians if you want to try to spar with one of them, though.

After asking Shaper Rik, Haika is told this:
"What did you expect, us to go and do it ourselves? Yes, you are almost a full Shaper, but there are plenty more apprentices than full Shapers, and its worked as a good determinator of which one would likely survive having to deal with rogues if one was created in their lab, anyway. It also makes the island safe for actual experiments now, not just the lab stuff that, while there is basically an endless amount of it possible, is rather boring. If we were here to do safe experiments, we would be on the mainland."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2011, 08:24:12 pm »

"I am a genius, I will not be stopped by mines" send fyora to blow them up instead of me being harmed, after I leave the room.
Yes, this is how I get past mines in the games unless they are programmed not to harm creations yet harm shapers for some reason.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2011, 08:24:52 pm »

You might want to exit the room first ;)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2011, 08:25:15 pm »

>.> <.< Point.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2011, 12:21:30 am »

Hmph, Not that I was expecting anything more. Learning shaper ways means you know how shapers tend to horde their information. Very well, if this island is set up for experimentation, then I can only assume that they don't mind us experimenting.

I will return to my room(assuming we have one, or at least something similar to a dorm), and experiment once more with trying that plated artila. I need practice.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 17, 2011, 03:13:27 am »

Anoth hums, and considers what he knows... and decides to come back another day. Time to go shopping.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2011, 03:37:44 am »

Hmmm, where would I be able to learn a creature's biology? Do they sell the knowledge in stores, or do I learn it from somebody in the Shaping Hall? In the original game, you just had to break a canister. :P

Anyway, I go to wherever it is that I could learn a creature's biology. If there's nowhere like that and I can only gain the knowledge from leveling up or something, Go to the armor shop in town.
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2011, 04:03:28 am »

Sneak onto the boat, adn investigate Thorn Baton at the ready.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Hikari sneaks onto the boat, but only finds a guy asleep with his lamp tipped over and on fire. You quickly sneak out before the rest of the boat is aflame. (2)

Ima goes to the library, (3) but finds no biology books. He does find a dead guy and a unconsious fyora, though, so he uses that instead after punching the fyora in the head several times with his gauntlet to make sure it stayed out. Lacking a heal spell to fix it back up with, you just shove the fyora on top of the guy and walk off towards the bathroom to wash off the fyora goop

Anoth goes to the mage's shop, and buys half a dozen thorn sets, and a book about Cure Effects. It is (5) relatively easy a read.

Haika (1+1, 5+1) does not make a plated artila this time either, but he does manage to get a oddly better artila, even though not much was put into it.

Kaguro sends a fyora in to trigger the mines to clear them out, and it does. (1) The blast also cracks the majority of the canisters' glass sidings, which chain react when their contents touch and explodificate the building and several other neighboring ones, except for the two canisters that were undamaged by the mines. You can see Head Shaper Qwon, Shaper Rik, and several others running this way as soon as the smoke clears up some. It might be a good time to get away from the area, but then again they might be able to explain what those were. Then again, there was all the warding for a reason...Hmm.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Report on my mission,a dn learn how to make mines.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

Pick up both canistsers and hide them in my robes as quickly as possible, then run.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

They're rather heavy, you'd at most be able to stumble-walk slowly towards the inn. Could move at a still kinda slow but decent pace with just one of them, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

I assumed the canisters would break with I tried to pick them up, leading to well......canister use, but my character doesn't know that are that fragile.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Only the sides are fragile glass, hold it by the ends (without breaking the glass piece on the top)and its fine. How else would they have gotten moved there if you can't pick them up? ;)

In other stuff, city map since Hexographer's site also has a town generator.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

Well I had intended on canister useage anyway, I'm also trying to play by character so he wouldn't know to use them, so accidents happen.
Because I can"-WolfTengu
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17