Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Roll to be a Shaper - Turn 22: Kir's Plan B  (Read 17331 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Roll to be a Shaper - Turn 22: Kir's Plan B
« on: July 07, 2011, 08:03:10 pm »

Shaper as in Geneforge. Again. This will likely end up not very accurate to the lengths of apprenticeships and so on, but it'll be better than last time. Probably, anyway.

Three choices of class, even though to outsiders you will all be called 'Shaper':
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Character Sheet:
Name:
Shaper | Agent | Guardian
How you were accepted into the Shapers:
Bio:

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shaping Guide (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Creations List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Formula stuffs (click to show/hide)

Story prelude:
The Shapers are the most powerful of the magical sects. Shapers have the ability to create and alter life, to create beasts to do various tasks such as domestic work, labor, and combat. Using Essence, shapers can mold their creations into being. This process can be simple and quick, or long and exhausting for more complex creations. They guard their secrets extremely closely, and to learn their techniques without permission is akin to asking for a quick and assured death, whether by Guardian blade or Agent spell.
The Shapers also govern the lands under their control. Their territory is headed by the Shaper Council, a group of nine elite Shapers, who meet to discuss issues to keep peace and prosperity.
It has been a very long journey, but you are finally an apprentice Shaper, with only the difficulty of learning (and surviving) the final task of working at a remote research outpost that is not entierly rogue-free yet.. Some, like you, succeeded greatly in the training. Others died horribly and were forgotten. The chances still are not much in your favor for survivng to full Shaperhood, but it is not impossible; after all, you've made it this far. Go forth and succeed, or die trying.

Side-Note: the linked wiki is quite incomplete.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 12:06:20 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper, Take Two!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 08:26:29 pm »

Character Sheet:
Name: Hikari Shizume
Agent
How you were accepted into the Shapers: No idea
Bio: He seems to have been on a ship when it crashed, adn when he woke up he was with the Shapers. It seems he was trying to kill a man on the ship when it was hit with lightning ( Amnesia )
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 09:02:00 pm by adwarf »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 08:56:30 pm »

I haven't played Amnesia, and you need a reason.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 08:57:41 pm »

Oh I need a reason for the Amnesia

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 09:01:12 pm »

Oh I need a reason for the Amnesia
Oh, that kind of amnesia. Yes, you need a reason for being an amnesiac Agent.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 12:10:08 am »

Name:Kaguro
Shaper
How you were accepted into the Shapers:Chance
Bio:Born and Raised in the heart of Shaper Territory he was, by pure chance, noticed at childhood by the Shaper overseer of his home town, and sent to an academy.

Fire Shapeing Rank II
Leadership I
Mechanics I
Stealth I
Firebolt I
Leaves me with 5 points left.
If Allowed I would like to start with Fyora II or Higher.

Fire Creations, my favorate. Must have.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 12:25:18 am by KaguroDraven »
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 12:15:18 am »

I suppose I should say you can post your Skill choices if you want with your Character sheet, or later once we know who we have thi time.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 06:11:26 pm »

Fyora II? Sure.
Also, anyone else? Having just a Shaper and an Agent would certainly go very fast turnwise, but theres not much defence against thahds or other melee creatures between the two of you.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 10:29:08 pm »

I guess we'll just have you two for now. adwarf, post the skills you want while I start the story.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 10:41:20 pm »

I guess we'll just have you two for now. adwarf, post the skills you want while I start the story.
I don't want any since we lose them after training

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 10:51:41 pm »

I don't want any since we lose them after training
You have it backwards. the unused points vanish, the skills do not.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Shaper - Plenty of open spaces.
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 10:59:43 pm »

The two of you arrive at Zio on your draykboat without any major problems. In the distance, you see the main complex atop the hill, the town around it quite a bit less distant, and next to you, the fairly quiet port. A harbor man walks up to you and asks why you are here, what you want, and if you are Shapers, or just a hooded guy and a thief.

Nearby:
Harbormaster's office
Warehouses of various sizes
A unmarked building (very suspicious, most every building in a shaper outpost will have some form of designation as soon as the time is taken to build it, ranging from 'magical storage' to 'town use' and everything between)
The path to town (currently blocked by the harbor man)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 11:18:44 pm »

Hikari says "We are Shapers here for our training my good sir."

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 01:28:51 am »

Ok, I'll bite. Should give me a chance to enjoy my arrogant side.

Name: Haika Unekaru
Shaper
The Unekaru family have been noble shapers for many generations. Haika's blood can be traced back to the creation of the very first servant, Or at least that's how he explains it. He grew up in a shaper lab while his father experimented on shaping from the bio pools. When one experiment ran rogue and slew his parents, he managed to conjure up a giant artila and kill the mutated beast. This gave him both excuse and prestige enough to be named as a full shaper.

Skills:
Magic Shaping Rank 3
Leadership 2
Artila Creation
Essence

Heal 1
Firebolt 1

-I think my numbers there are correct, 40 for magic shaping, then 20 for leadership making it 60, then 10 each for the others, making a total of 100. Let me know if I'm off somehow.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2011, 01:31:06 am »

Make a Fyora with 2 Intelligence points as proof of being a shaper. Then pat it's head, I keep one as a pet anyway.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17