Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 2 - Behold the power of Music! [Game Over]  (Read 39172 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 2 - The Tower of the Necromancer [Day 1]
« Reply #150 on: July 19, 2011, 07:36:39 am »

"Nitpicking"? Cops? There are ways of knowing someone is scum without cops. It involves not being an idiot. I think people are/aren't scum based on probabilities. Eventually, one will grow to above 90% scum, and then I make sure they're lynched. Because, really, nothing is impossible. You're making it impossible.
You know what?  90% still leaves a chance for someone to not be scum, wanna keep acting like your word is definite truth?
Do you get it? Nitpicking is essential. Nitpicking means you're not believing what you say. It means you're changing what you said. It means you're either lying now or lying then. I picked out the wrong part of that quote purposefully.
I'd say that you [billybobfred] are scum so far
Which is the opposite of what you said before and said now.

Wanna keep doing it?
Yes so far, that doesn't mean I'm gonna stick to it like glue.  Opinions change, mine did.  You seem to be really trying to form a bandwagon here.  What are your other problems with me other then that I changed a bit about what I thought of billybob?  I may very well still go back and re-vote him after I see some more things from him, because I say at the moment that he may not be scum, does not mean that I think he is not scum, neither does saying that I think how he's acted so far is scummy does that mean I am definite he is scum.  Not everyone has a calculator for a brain, I don't work in percentiles, I work in feelings and feelings change.
Nom nom nom

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 19, 2011, 07:38:10 am »

webadict: Would you use another player as a target to push, hoping to lure scum onto the bandwagon? And if so, would this be a regular tactic for you?
I do whatever I want, but I have been known to do this. What's it matter?
Kilakan pulled he's vote off sort of without warning, and with very vague reasons. Let us assume he is scum, it seems reasonable to me that he was warned about your trap in scumchat, and thus unvoted. If this is true, it means he's scum buddy is likely to be a player who knows your tricks, and was active around kilakans posts.
This is massive speculation, and I would not think of it as strong evidence, but if kilakan ends up flipping scum, I would be looking at Otto closely.

1) he thinks he made a mistake and retroactively changed his opinion (or even may have asked Toaster in a PM). Unlikely, because then he'd have said "oh wait, I just realized/Toaster just told me that there are no 3rd parties. My mistake." Regardless of whether there really are 3rd parties, I doubt he'd just change his opinion like that without notifying anybody about it.
Toaster, or anybody that knows, except Ottofar: Are third party wins game ending, or do we continue after they fill their win condition?

The game continues, though some standard third party wincons (mostly Serial Killer) are incompatible with anyone else winning.
Toaster isn't denying the existence of third parties. First reason can be crossed off.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 19, 2011, 07:40:17 am »

Part of the first reason. He might've come to that conclusion by himself, however wrong it may be. Still off-crossable though, as I have said.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 19, 2011, 07:47:28 am »

"Nitpicking"? Cops? There are ways of knowing someone is scum without cops. It involves not being an idiot. I think people are/aren't scum based on probabilities. Eventually, one will grow to above 90% scum, and then I make sure they're lynched. Because, really, nothing is impossible. You're making it impossible.
You know what?  90% still leaves a chance for someone to not be scum, wanna keep acting like your word is definite truth?
Do you get it? Nitpicking is essential. Nitpicking means you're not believing what you say. It means you're changing what you said. It means you're either lying now or lying then. I picked out the wrong part of that quote purposefully.
I'd say that you [billybobfred] are scum so far
Which is the opposite of what you said before and said now.

Wanna keep doing it?
Yes so far, that doesn't mean I'm gonna stick to it like glue.  Opinions change, mine did.  You seem to be really trying to form a bandwagon here.  What are your other problems with me other then that I changed a bit about what I thought of billybob?  I may very well still go back and re-vote him after I see some more things from him, because I say at the moment that he may not be scum, does not mean that I think he is not scum, neither does saying that I think how he's acted so far is scummy does that mean I am definite he is scum.  Not everyone has a calculator for a brain, I don't work in percentiles, I work in feelings and feelings change.
90%? Do you know what it takes to get to 90%? It takes a lot. It also means that everyone else is much lower (with some being 100% [Yeah, I said it] town).

I'm just going to point out you're taking a majorly passive stance on billy. I love how little effort you're putting into your words. How many of them do you mean? None?

Whether or not my thinking is yours DOESN'T change that you messed up how you said things and made passive attacks. Oh, and activelurked.

webadict: Would you use another player as a target to push, hoping to lure scum onto the bandwagon? And if so, would this be a regular tactic for you?
I do whatever I want, but I have been known to do this. What's it matter?
Kilakan pulled he's vote off sort of without warning, and with very vague reasons. Let us assume he is scum, it seems reasonable to me that he was warned about your trap in scumchat, and thus unvoted. If this is true, it means he's scum buddy is likely to be a player who knows your tricks, and was active around kilakans posts.
This is massive speculation, and I would not think of it as strong evidence, but if kilakan ends up flipping scum, I would be looking at Otto closely.
I don't believe I asked you about that. Nor did I wish for you to defend kilakan. Do you believe kilakan is scum? Didn't I tell you something in a game once? Something I told you never to do that you're doing at this very moment?

Oh right. Creating teams. That's right. STOP CREATING TEAMS. STOP. DOING. IT. IT DOESN'T WORK.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 19, 2011, 07:52:05 am »

I don't believe I asked you about that. Nor did I wish for you to defend kilakan. Do you believe kilakan is scum? Didn't I tell you something in a game once? Something I told you never to do that you're doing at this very moment?

Oh right. Creating teams. That's right. STOP CREATING TEAMS. STOP. DOING. IT. IT DOESN'T WORK.
I just want it out there in case I get killed somehow. Think nothing of it unless we see proof that kilakan is scum.

As for what I think of kilakan, he is third on my scum list.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 19, 2011, 07:57:21 am »

Vote Count:

Darvi:
Bdthemag: Think0028
Max White: Ottofar
Think0028:
Ottofar:
Dariush: Max White, billybobfred, Darvi
kilakan: webadict, Bdthemag
webadict:
billybobfred: Dariush

Not Voting:  kilakan

Day 1 will last until 11 PM EST on Wednesday, 7/20.

There are no hammers- deadline only.  There may or may not be third parties.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2011, 10:38:43 am »

Max white's OMGUS is noted. As subtle as it might be.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2011, 10:42:56 am »

Darvi, you bandwagoned on me with a sole argument about jester and third party despite the fact that I claimed earlier that was a joke. Looking for an easy lynch, are you?

Ottofar, get your ass back in here. All your contributions amount to... nothing. Yeah, that sounds about right.

kilakan, you look pretty relaxed down there. Mind explaining why you 1) suddenly reverse your opinion on billy without any explanation (with the italicized part being the point); 2) behave with complete arrogance despite having not all that much experience; 3) go completely defensive without so much as asking a single question that isn't a response to someone pushing you?
Also,
I work in feelings and feelings change.
are you implying here that you vote only basing on what your guts tell you? And have you finally decided whether or not you think billy is scum?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 19, 2011, 10:57:28 am »

...and suddenly 3-3 on Dariush v. Kilakan.

Hum. Hum. That'd be FoS-worthy.

Dariush, why be afraid of dying?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 19, 2011, 11:12:13 am »

And why not answer?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 19, 2011, 11:17:14 am »

Hey, I know how my reply must have looked to you:

amirite?

PPE:
And why not answer?
Fuck you.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 19, 2011, 11:37:16 am »

Bit of an overreaction, don'tcha think?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 19, 2011, 11:42:07 am »

Also, I like how you dodged the  question.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 19, 2011, 11:55:43 am »

I told you that argument by mockery makes you look suspicious, Dariush, and you still insist on doing it. Why?
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 19, 2011, 11:59:16 am »

I told you that argument by mockery makes you look suspicious, Dariush, and you still insist on doing it. Why?
Because your arguments were too ridiculous to deign anything other than mockery and Ottofar's ones are too idiotic absent.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20