Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 2 - Behold the power of Music! [Game Over]  (Read 39174 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 2 - The Tower of the Necromancer [Day 1]
« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2011, 02:09:56 pm »

billybobfred-Have you read any scum hunting guides, bibles, descriptions or pamphlets?
Nom nom nom

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2011, 02:13:03 pm »

Damn, I again confused the terms 'OMGUS' and 'WIFOM'. I meant OMGUS.  :P

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 18, 2011, 02:24:12 pm »

billybobfred-Have you read any scum hunting guides, bibles, descriptions or pamphlets?
I've read a few things on the mafiascum wiki. Unfortunately most of them were accompanied by words to the effect of "of course now that this is public knowledge it is also not very useful because scum can read it too".

Damn, I again confused the terms 'OMGUS' and 'WIFOM'. I meant OMGUS.  :P
Okay, that I can be fairly accused of. It's not what I'm doing, but it wouldn't be unfair to accuse me of such.

I've noticed that your arguments consist largely of "ooooh, [the thing he just said], how clever, DIE SCUM". There's nothing about that that isn't suspicious! (also annoying) The one argument that isn't mockery is a false dichotomy. Not making your case better.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 18, 2011, 02:33:52 pm »

Ok well I have a hell of a hard time telling whether you could be scum or fucking terrible town.  I'd say that you are scum so far, but for future reference read the front page of this:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=87209.0
Nom nom nom

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 18, 2011, 04:23:58 pm »

Ok well I have a hell of a hard time telling whether you could be scum or fucking terrible town.  I'd say that you are scum so far, but for future reference read the front page of this:
I've changed my mind. I don't want to lynch billybobfred anymore.

I think kilakan is scum, though.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 18, 2011, 04:29:51 pm »

Phft, what me trying to make it so the man is a little less of a horrible player is a scummy move?

Excuse me while I go back and lynch everyone who helped me a bit when i was learning to play.

webadict-So far you seem to be trying to provoke everyone and anyone, yet each time you use the same tatic, has this tactic helped you at all against non-noob players?
Nom nom nom

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 18, 2011, 05:12:21 pm »

Are you starting at the bottom of the list and working your way up, or am I reading way too much into this?
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 18, 2011, 06:30:05 pm »

Are you starting at the bottom of the list and working your way up, or am I reading way too much into this?
No, but it does seem like that, doesn't it?

Phft, what me trying to make it so the man is a little less of a horrible player is a scummy move?

Excuse me while I go back and lynch everyone who helped me a bit when i was learning to play.

webadict-So far you seem to be trying to provoke everyone and anyone, yet each time you use the same tatic, has this tactic helped you at all against non-noob players?

Yeah, definitely NOT the best way to talk to someone. Why don't you throw out some more passive rebuttals and then ask me some more lame questions? I can do that too.

Basically, you're sidelining hardcore by active lurking. In this case, you are using your precious posting time to tell billy nothing important. I can see from your question here
that you literally found NOTHING better than to waste time figuring out that he was a noob. And your way of helping billy here
Involves a passive attack on him at the same time. Basically, you're a whiney scumbag that complains about being looked at. Why don't you QQ some more?

Also, you're snippy attitude is the OPPOSITE I would expect from someone merely trying to help a new player.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 18, 2011, 06:46:29 pm »

Wasn't trying to 'merely help' him, mainly because I can not be sure he is not scum.  As for my posting time?  I happen to have quiet a bit of time today, I just have yet to read anything that I would like to push an argument against so far.  How exactly am I wasting time figuring out that he really is noob?  It lets me look at his posts in a slightly different light, for instance I've figured that he most likely is not scum because he didn't curl up into a little defensive ball like most noob scum would.
Nom nom nom

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 18, 2011, 07:08:42 pm »

There is no Jim.  So I would suggest testing someone actually in game or are you a scum trying to faux hunt?
See that in itself would be nothing, but you continue to have a scrappy little fight with darius?  That's decidedly unlike you Max White.
I answer the questions I have been given. If somebody asks me what I have learnt from a different game type, with different players, you can expect some things to be unrelated. Still, do you really think this is evidence?
Also, hunter gonna hunt. Call it scrappy if you will, but I think I have a prime scum ready for slaughter.

Max White: Why accusing Dariush of lurking when he posted within 12 hours of the game starting? He's not active lurking, he's asking and answering questions. He's not lurking lurking, as evidenced by the fact that he's asking and answering questions. And you're trying constantly to twist Dariush's words to force stupid irrelevant distinctions that don't even slightly apply here. Are you going to keep at this, or  are you going to contribute something actually useful? Also, while Dariush was wrong in claiming it was in his PM, Toaster's post that started the game clearly stated there were two scum.
Well, I'm not going to push the pm thing, it seems way too meta to be a fun thing to lynch over, but as for the lurking. If it was long enough for Dariush to think that we are ignoring him, and he didn't question any of us in that time, isn't it then long enough for him to be ignoring him?

Max White
The first person to use a letter 'q' in his post.
Realy? There has got to be an achievement in that!

Bandwagon with a healthy dose of WIFOM OMGUS[/b] and the most ridiculous arguments ever err, no arguments at all. You'll go far.
Ok, so I can sort of see how it is a bandwagon, in the exact same way that your vote was a bandwagon, so what makes him more scummy than you? This is your chance bro, prove to me he is scum.

In the meantime.
Dariush and billybobfred: Is not lynch a feasible option today?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2011, 07:09:52 pm »

EDIT: Long enough for him to be ignoring us
You know where.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 18, 2011, 07:23:18 pm »

There is no Jim.  So I would suggest testing someone actually in game or are you a scum trying to faux hunt?
See that in itself would be nothing, but you continue to have a scrappy little fight with darius?  That's decidedly unlike you Max White.
I answer the questions I have been given. If somebody asks me what I have learnt from a different game type, with different players, you can expect some things to be unrelated. Still, do you really think this is evidence?
Also, hunter gonna hunt. Call it scrappy if you will, but I think I have a prime scum ready for slaughter.

No not evidence, but the fact you were going on about waiting for Jim was a problem, since the opening post says that ottfar has replaced Jim

Now who is ignoring who?  Excuse me but I just had my dinner, and I was logged off.
Nom nom nom

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 18, 2011, 07:27:34 pm »

Max White: As far as I know, there is no good reason for a day 1 no lynch. Like, ever. Lynching people is kind of The Thing Town Does™.

Stating the obvious, to be sure, but you did ask.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 18, 2011, 07:30:43 pm »

No not evidence, but the fact you were going on about waiting for Jim was a problem, since the opening post says that ottfar has replaced Jim

Now who is ignoring who?  Excuse me but I just had my dinner, and I was logged off.

I don't understand. Where was I 'going on about waiting for Jim'? I was asked what I had learnt, and I mentioned him once in my reply, but never again until you bought the subject up. I know Ottofar has replaced Jim. That doesn't change my answer.

Also, who is ignoring who? Nobody is ignoring anybody.

Max White: As far as I know, there is no good reason for a day 1 no lynch. Like, ever. Lynching people is kind of The Thing Town Does™.

Stating the obvious, to be sure, but you did ask.
Town does what it needs to do, but otherwise ok.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 18, 2011, 07:37:11 pm »

I don't understand. Where was I 'going on about waiting for Jim'? I was asked what I had learnt, and I mentioned him once in my reply, but never again until you bought the subject up. I know Ottofar has replaced Jim. That doesn't change my answer.
Hum then why did you mention Jim passing your townie test as the number one point on what did you learn after being lynched in P19.5.  It seems pretty dodgy to give your number one point as something not at all relevant in this game.
Also, who is ignoring who? Nobody is ignoring anybody.
EDIT: Long enough for him to be ignoring us
You know where.
Then what the hell were you talking about in this post?
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20