Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 2 - Behold the power of Music! [Game Over]  (Read 39163 times)

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 2 - The Tower of the Necromancer [Day 1]
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2011, 12:13:36 pm »

So that was a joke then? You didn't actually think he was a Jester, you were just using that as a shorthand for thinking he was extremely scummy?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 18, 2011, 12:15:39 pm »

Unvote Webadict, thank you for your response.

billybobfred:

Dariush: Max is kind of insane, yes, but that is a good question. Why did you 'accuse' billybobfred of being a Jester only to later claim there are no third parties? Also, reason I 'ignored' you: I picked someone to random vote, it wasn't you, how sad.

Max White: Why accusing Dariush of lurking when he posted within 12 hours of the game starting? He's not active lurking, he's asking and answering questions. He's not lurking lurking, as evidenced by the fact that he's asking and answering questions. And you're trying constantly to twist Dariush's words to force stupid irrelevant distinctions that don't even slightly apply here. Are you going to keep at this, or  are you going to contribute something actually useful? Also, while Dariush was wrong in claiming it was in his PM, Toaster's post that started the game clearly stated there were two scum.

Darvi: Considering it's just giving some abilities to people, it's probably gonna be no more effect than a simple BYOR would have.

Bd: You seem to be content just throwing out softball questions to Max and billybob. You going to contribute? What's your opinion on billybobfred?
I see you only asked me a question so that you could ask me a question. Thanks for wasting my time. Also, something very interesting...

Ack, I hit enter for a newline and it submitted for some reason. Anyways, only one change to make:

billybobfred: You've been on the defensive quite a bit, which while understandable since you're under attack, doesn't explain your lack of questioning. Do you have questions for anyone else? Do you have questions for me, the guy you're voting?
Why would you put billybobfred at the top AFTER everyone else? That doesn't make any sense to me. I can't think of any reason why your post would be formatted as such. I mean, you had clearly written the name and everything, but it was clearly written AFTER everything else on the page. Why wouldn't it be at the bottom, though? It'd make more sense, but it's like you wanted to avoid having it look like you were tacking it on at the end. Which you must've been.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2011, 12:22:00 pm »

I write the names of everyone I want to ask a question of, and then I write the questions. Just how I write. I did everyone else's questions before him.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2011, 12:24:29 pm »

billybobfred: You've been on the defensive quite a bit, which while understandable since you're under attack, doesn't explain your lack of questioning. Do you have questions for anyone else? Do you have questions for me, the guy you're voting?
I really don't have any strategy for day 1 aside from "vote someone at random and see what happens". I don't know what questions are useful to ask!

Well, I have one, but it probably won't work. Worth a shot, though.

*ahem* *dramatic pause* Are youuuuu scum?
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 18, 2011, 12:26:08 pm »

No.

Well! That was super effective!

So if you're just 'voting at random and seeing what happens', then what have you observed? What's panned out so far?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 18, 2011, 12:27:33 pm »

I write the names of everyone I want to ask a question of, and then I write the questions. Just how I write. I did everyone else's questions before him.
Then why would you hit enter for a new line? Isn't his name already there?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2011, 12:30:17 pm »

When I wrote the names, there were no newlines between them. I decided to space them out before typing up his question, which worked perfectly fine until I put a line at the end, which ended up submitting it instead. Still not sure why, I can't recreate it. Maybe I misclicked and didn't realize it? Maybe I tabbed to the post button without realizing it? I have no idea.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 18, 2011, 01:00:05 pm »

So if you're just 'voting at random and seeing what happens', then what have you observed? What's panned out so far?

Think0028
First vote. I still don't know whether that's suspicious or ignorable.

Dariush
Got an F in logic class?

kilakan
First person to make a second vote, though it didn't start a lynch train. Still don't know whether that's suspicious or ignorable.
He dodged my question, though for all I know it could have been because it was a terrible and useless question that answering would not have helped. And he did answer it eventually.

webadict
Somehow managed to, simultaneously, directly attack me and be completely ignorable. For several posts. ... Just something I noticed.

everyone else
Nothing!

Though I technically made all these observations just now, by rereading the thread. Still, they are observations!
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2011, 01:20:40 pm »

kilakan
First person to make a second vote, though it didn't start a lynch train. Still don't know whether that's suspicious or ignorable.
He dodged my question, though for all I know it could have been because it was a terrible and useless question that answering would not have helped. And he did answer it eventually.
Wait what?  Ok I voted for you at basically the same time as the first vote, and I unvoted you after I got my answers, really man do you pay attention at all?  Also what question did I dodge?  I mean seriously anything directed at me I will answer, I probably didn't realize it was a question.

Your re-reading the thread and observations are god damn useless for all that's happening so far.

billybobfred-So now that you have your observations how will you act to get some more useful knowledge and information?
Nom nom nom

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2011, 01:36:52 pm »

stuff
Holy shit, those "observations" are uberawesome. I can also make a few on my own:
webadict
The first person to get a vote.

Max White
The first person to use a letter 'q' in his post.

billybobfred
The first scum to be lynched.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 18, 2011, 01:43:19 pm »

Well, gee, thanks for pointing out that my observations aren't all that mind-blowing. Why do you think I didn't state them until someone asked me to?

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 18, 2011, 01:49:27 pm »

kilakan
Wait what?  Ok I voted for you at basically the same time as the first vote, and I unvoted you after I got my answers, really man do you pay attention at all?  Also what question did I dodge?  I mean seriously anything directed at me I will answer, I probably didn't realize it was a question.

Your re-reading the thread and observations are god damn useless for all that's happening so far.

billybobfred-So now that you have your observations how will you act to get some more useful knowledge and information?

It occurs to me that you may have misinterpreted my statement. You were the second person to vote for someone who had already been voted for. (I was not specifically focusing on votes for me!)

The question you dodged was "blah blah third party item doesn't want to use blah". Your dodging consisted of "an instant win button lol". You did later answer it by giving a specific example! I did mention that as well!

How will I act with my useless shitty observations that anyone could have noticed? I haven't decided yet, but Dariush looks eager to take that choice away from me.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 18, 2011, 01:50:13 pm »

You were the second first person to vote for someone who had already been voted for.
fixed gog dangit

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2011, 02:00:22 pm »

Bandwagon with a healthy dose of WIFOM and the most ridiculous arguments ever err, no arguments at all. You'll go far.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 18, 2011, 02:09:17 pm »

I see neither bandwagon nor WIFOM in my posts.

... WIFOM is the line of thought that goes like "but what if that's what he wanted me to think?!?!", correct? Cause that's the thing I'm not doing here.

Your posts, on the other hand, are absolutely saturated with contain (exaggeration is probably still bad) argument by mockery.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 20