Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 2 - Behold the power of Music! [Game Over]  (Read 39171 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 2 - The Tower of the Necromancer [Day 1]
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2011, 05:20:28 am »

Inactive players and lurkers are the same thing. You accusing me of lurking less than a day from the game's start is ridiculous. There's no third party. Go hang.
No, you see an inactive player has things to do, a lurker is reading the thread, but not posting to stay out of attention.
You just about admitted to it.
I thought we had third parties this game. Do we not?

Also, I see you don't want to address jumping on the bandwagon in your first post.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2011, 05:23:45 am »

No, you see an inactive player has things to do, a lurker is reading the thread, but not posting to stay out of attention.
And how would you distinguish between the two?
You just about admitted to it.
What, seriously?
I thought we had third parties this game. Do we not?
How about you go and read the role PM where it clearly says that out of nine players two are scum? Oh wait, you didn't get one, being scum and all. My bad.
Also, I see you don't want to address jumping on the bandwagon in your first post.
I TOLD you that was a pressure vote, even though you could have deducted that yourself (or maybe you could not, who knows...). Or is any vote that lands on a person who already has one or more a bandwagon, in your opinion?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2011, 05:30:46 am »

We might have a survivor. Possibly. 2 scum 7 town is quite balanced anyways.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2011, 05:32:23 am »

And how would you distinguish between the two?
If somebody shows signs that they are waiting for somebody to question them, and will not post otherwise, that is a good sign. Normally it is shown from total silence, until they are asked a question, then giving a very quick reply. You however, seemed to get bored of lurking and ask us why we are not questioning you.
What, seriously?
Yes. I said I couldn't keep track of you, you implied I wasn't keeping track of lurkers, implying you are a lurker.
How about you go and read the role PM where it clearly says that out of nine players two are scum? Oh wait, you didn't get one, being scum and all. My bad.
Your... Right. My pm dosn't say that. Strange, should it? I can not quote it clearly, but it makes no mention of the number of scum, I have only the rules and the opening flavour to go off. Still, only saying two scum doesn't mean no third party.

I TOLD you that was a pressure vote, even though you could have deducted that yourself (or maybe you could not, who knows...). Or is any vote that lands on a person who already has one or more a bandwagon, in your opinion?
If you had better questions to go with your 'pressure' I might be more inclined to see that. Right now, your pressuring him to see if... He is going to get better?

We might have a survivor. Possibly. 2 scum 7 town is quite balanced anyways.
So that is the only potential third party? Thank you.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2011, 05:36:33 am »

WAIT!!! Stop the press!
billybobfred, are you going to continue playing like this for the whole day? Are you a Jester?
There's no third party. Go hang.
Somebody has a scum chat!  :P

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2011, 05:38:57 am »

Not the only one, but yeah.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2011, 06:00:01 am »

Your... Right. My pm dosn't say that. Strange, should it? I can not quote it clearly, but it makes no mention of the number of scum, I have only the rules and the opening flavour to go off.
It looks like Toaster stated the number of scum in the day opening, not in PM. My mistake.
WAIT!!! Stop the press!
billybobfred, are you going to continue playing like this for the whole day? Are you a Jester?
There's no third party. Go hang.
Somebody has a scum chat!  :P
What the fuck?
If somebody shows signs that they are waiting for somebody to question them, and will not post otherwise, that is a good sign.
What?
Yes. I said I couldn't keep track of you, you implied I wasn't keeping track of lurkers, implying you are a lurker.
As I said (and you totally ignored), it isn't possible to lurk within the first RL day of the game. I generalized about your future behaviour, which you promptly confirmed.
If you had better questions to go with your 'pressure' I might be more inclined to see that. Right now, your pressuring him to see if... He is going to get better?
Exactly.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2011, 06:24:39 am »

It looks like Toaster stated the number of scum in the day opening, not in PM. My mistake.
So, why would you try to pull bullshit like this into the argument anyway? The number of scum in a pm doesn't mean there is that many third party roles as well.
You were both wrong about the information from a townie PM, and misleading in your argument.

What the fuck?
First you ask if somebody is a jester, then you suddenly want me hung because there clearly is no third party. Nobody mentioned this in between your posts.

What?
Is that your answer to everything? Why in the difference between a lurker and an inactive player so hard for you to understand?

Exactly.
So your pushing based on poorly conceived questions with no real answer?
Well, Dariush, I have all I need. If you want this off, something better will need to come up, so you better become real good at scum hunting real fast, or cross your fingers.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 18, 2011, 07:24:36 am »

You both wanna keep wasting my thread space with stupid arguments?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 18, 2011, 08:29:03 am »

Someone says "You are scum" and it is blatantly obvious that they have chosen you literally at random and do not believe you to be scum any more than they believe it of any other player. How do you suggest I respond to that? I literally have no responses to that.
I dunno about what wuba thinks of that, but I would call that first sentence a response.
... Wait, which sentence are you looking at?
That is seriously the only thing you can comment on?

1: If Jim passes my townie test, I am damn well justified in thinking he is a bloody townie, for the time being anyway. A soft townie, if you will.
There is no Jim.  So I would suggest testing someone actually in game or are you a scum trying to faux hunt?
See that in itself would be nothing, but you continue to have a scrappy little fight with darius?  That's decidedly unlike you Max White.
Nom nom nom

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 18, 2011, 08:31:19 am »

Vote Count:

Darvi: Bdthemag
Bdthemag:
Max White: Ottofar
Think0028: billybobfred, Darvi
Ottofar:
Dariush: Max White
kilakan:
webadict: Think0028
billybobfred: webadict, Dariush

Not Voting:  kilakan

There are two members of the Mafia.  The number of all other possible alignments is unknown.

Toaster, or anybody that knows, except Ottofar: Are third party wins game ending, or do we continue after they fill their win condition?

The game continues, though some standard third party wincons (mostly Serial Killer) are incompatible with anyone else winning.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 18, 2011, 08:47:12 am »

Gah, of course everything happens after I go to sleep. Let's see if I can address it all.

Someone says "You are scum" and it is blatantly obvious that they have chosen you literally at random and do not believe you to be scum any more than they believe it of any other player. How do you suggest I respond to that? I literally have no responses to that.
I dunno about what wuba thinks of that, but I would call that first sentence a response.
... Wait, which sentence are you looking at?
That is seriously the only thing you can comment on?
... Yes? Is that weird?

No, and given what little I know about jesters, I doubt there is one. (they are pretty well hated!)

... It's going to turn out that that wasn't a serious question, isn't it?

Wouldn't you consider that scummy to focus you like that?
To be honest, no! It is day one, and that is what people do on day one.
So... you didn't want a read on me or anything either?
I literally do not know what you are asking here.

Um, your focus on me is information to consider, but right now it doesn't look like anything, is probably an answer to it? i guess?
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 18, 2011, 11:36:35 am »

Unvote Webadict, thank you for your response.

billybobfred:

Dariush: Max is kind of insane, yes, but that is a good question. Why did you 'accuse' billybobfred of being a Jester only to later claim there are no third parties? Also, reason I 'ignored' you: I picked someone to random vote, it wasn't you, how sad.

Max White: Why accusing Dariush of lurking when he posted within 12 hours of the game starting? He's not active lurking, he's asking and answering questions. He's not lurking lurking, as evidenced by the fact that he's asking and answering questions. And you're trying constantly to twist Dariush's words to force stupid irrelevant distinctions that don't even slightly apply here. Are you going to keep at this, or  are you going to contribute something actually useful? Also, while Dariush was wrong in claiming it was in his PM, Toaster's post that started the game clearly stated there were two scum.

Darvi: Considering it's just giving some abilities to people, it's probably gonna be no more effect than a simple BYOR would have.

Bd: You seem to be content just throwing out softball questions to Max and billybob. You going to contribute? What's your opinion on billybobfred?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 18, 2011, 11:38:45 am »

Ack, I hit enter for a newline and it submitted for some reason. Anyways, only one change to make:

billybobfred: You've been on the defensive quite a bit, which while understandable since you're under attack, doesn't explain your lack of questioning. Do you have questions for anyone else? Do you have questions for me, the guy you're voting?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 18, 2011, 12:05:06 pm »

*note to self - never joke about anything in any mafia games. Especially not about roles*
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20