Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 2 - Behold the power of Music! [Game Over]  (Read 39124 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 2 - The Tower of the Necromancer [Day 1]
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2011, 08:17:50 pm »

Why are you so afraid of me billybobfred?

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2011, 08:24:45 pm »

I'm not. You're just not saying things I can actually respond to.

You are literally saying nothing but "I have decided to focus on you".
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2011, 08:26:01 pm »

Wuba's gonna Wub.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2011, 08:27:43 pm »

For fuck's sake of course there wouldn't be an insta-win button numbskull.
Hey, you said "automatically win". Did you want me to assume that was a metaphor for "something powerful I can't be bothered to define because I am dodging the question like a scum"?
Ya automatically win of course isn't going to be day one minute one, and would take time to use.  It would be situation dependent, such as something that cancels the lynch on lylo.  That is automatically asshole, because anything past when they get it is un-winnable to town.  You want a more described answer next time?  Don't ask such a fucking vague question. 

Billybob the whole "I will accuse someone at random and see how they react." is pretty much how most people play at the beggining.
I know that. Knowing that doesn't really help me respond to things, though.
What how the fuck does it not help you?  Knowing something lets you fucking plan, no one is holding a god damn gun to your head with a timer demanding you answer in under 3 seconds.
Either for about three seconds or over an hour, though I'm more likely to decide to just not post if I'm thinking that long.
Oops sorry just over 3 seconds or not posting at all. 
I can't be bothered to define because I am dodging the question like a scum"?
well said billy bob that's exactly what you just did with the 3 seconds to over an hour!
Billy Bob Have you played any past mafia games on Bay12? If so please provide some links.
Not on bay12. I subbed into a game on the MSPA forums and started in two more after that, neither of which has finished yet.
Oh ok then so you've had practice, since that first one went pretty damn long and the other two are on day two already.
billybobfred: You are new, right? I have never seen you here, but that isn't saying that much.
I am not new to mafia in general, though I am new to playing mafia on forums where everything I say can and will be picked apart for the tiniest evidences and anyone who doesn't do that is doing it wrong.
Whoa whoa whoa, you are not new to mafia, but you are new to having everything you say picked apart.  AND you have subbed in for a really long game and are in two games already in day 2?

billybobfred-Why do you think it's okay to contradict yourself so much, care to explain what you mean by not new, but also new to having your words picked apart
AND new to forum mafia but already having 2 games in day 2 and one you subbed for?
Nom nom nom

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2011, 08:28:50 pm »

Not on bay12.
You should try to get localised a little. It seems that mafia forums all have their own ways and customs, and not knowing them isn't wise. Take for example our RVS, we ask questions and vote (Well I don't vote, but what ever) while others just vote, or just ask questions. Being able to fit in is helpful for both townies and scum.

So why do you care? You have a job to do.

Wuba's gonna Wub.
Can you feel the wub tonight?

FAKE EDIT: Ninja me once with two small posts, what ever, but ninja me again with something big? FUCK YOU KILAKAN!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2011, 08:29:42 pm »

I'll teach you for typing so slowly Max.  I'll teach you the hard way *whip crack*
Nom nom nom

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2011, 08:31:10 pm »

I'm not. You're just not saying things I can actually respond to.

Then why don't you say something about that? Wouldn't you consider that scummy to focus you like that? I mean, I'm being all sorts of vague and scummy, and it takes me pointing out you're not responding to any of them to get a response. A bit harsh on my part, considering that you can clearly see bold, but not red text.

I mean, I'm clearly saying NOTHING you can respond to other than that I want you to respond to me so that I can read you more. No. that wold be too helpful, wouldn't it?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2011, 08:40:47 pm »

kilakan: I think your points against billybobfred look sort of scrappy. I mean realy
bringing up things of this nature seems to make your argument look a little weak.
What is your opinion of Wubba?

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2011, 08:42:35 pm »

You really don't like me, do you?

The game I subbed in for ran a total of one day* after I got in. That is not a lot of experience! I do not consider being in five days worth of mafia to be out of newbieville. If you wish to disagree, that is your choice.

I am not new to mafia because I have played it in the real world, with real people. (this was back when I actually knew real people) It is a lot different there! Nobody has to deal with the GIFT, for example. (Is your storm of F bombs a strategy, just how you speak, or what?) And it was years ago. Literal real-world years.

Someone says "You are scum" and it is blatantly obvious that they have chosen you literally at random and do not believe you to be scum any more than they believe it of any other player. How do you suggest I respond to that? I literally have no responses to that.

"3 seconds or over an hour" is, I will admit, an exaggeration. You got me there. What I really meant, in non-exaggerated terms, is that I post very quickly with little thought OR I agonize over it until it is absolutely perfect in every way not obviously stupid (forgot I wasn't exaggerating, how foolish) and if I can't make it good enough I just toss the whole thing out. Better?

*taking this from pure memory, the point is that it was not a long time despite the inordinate length of the part of the game I wasn't in, which was most of it

Wouldn't you consider that scummy to focus you like that?
To be honest, no! It is day one, and that is what people do on day one.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2011, 08:43:29 pm »

I knew I was quadruple ninja'd and I didn't think to edit in the name of the person I was responding to in the part without quotes, which was kilakan.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2011, 08:45:03 pm »

kilakan: I think your points against billybobfred look sort of scrappy. I mean realy
bringing up things of this nature seems to make your argument look a little weak.
What is your opinion of Wubba?
Wasn't exactly points against, I mostly wanted to see how he responded to those types of lines.  It also wasn't an argument against in the least, just pressure comments.
Also the response I just got was exactly the type of mass response I wanted, he was being to minimalistic.

Wubba?  I don't know what to think yet, but he does seem to not be taking being ignored easily, obviously wants to be a big swayer and seems ensured he will get lynched quickly, which seems... odd that he would expect it.  Have yet to read anything he's been in yet though.
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2011, 09:20:58 pm »

You really don't like me, do you?
I don't like any scum, suppose that would make my liking you conditional.  Though me liking you or not is not a part of the game.
The game I subbed in for ran a total of one day* after I got in. That is not a lot of experience! I do not consider being in five days worth of mafia to be out of newbieville. If you wish to disagree, that is your choice.
Ok then, thanks for clearing that up.
I am not new to mafia because I have played it in the real world, with real people. (this was back when I actually knew real people) It is a lot different there! Nobody has to deal with the GIFT, for example. (Is your storm of F bombs a strategy, just how you speak, or what?) And it was years ago. Literal real-world years.
Never heard of what the GIFT is.  my swearing?  I swear a lot in real life, so I suppose how I talk.  I also started in real world mafia, matter of fact I think a lot of the players here did too.
Someone says "You are scum" and it is blatantly obvious that they have chosen you literally at random and do not believe you to be scum any more than they believe it of any other player. How do you suggest I respond to that? I literally have no responses to that.
I dunno about what wuba thinks of that, but I would call that first sentence a response.
"3 seconds or over an hour" is, I will admit, an exaggeration. You got me there. What I really meant, in non-exaggerated terms, is that I post very quickly with little thought OR I agonize over it until it is absolutely perfect in every way not obviously stupid (forgot I wasn't exaggerating, how foolish) and if I can't make it good enough I just toss the whole thing out. Better?
Yes very much better, also tells me you become sarcastic under pressure.

So for the moment unvote billybobfred
Nom nom nom

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2011, 09:30:07 pm »

I dunno about what wuba thinks of that, but I would call that first sentence a response.
... Wait, which sentence are you looking at?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2011, 10:27:22 pm »

Wouldn't you consider that scummy to focus you like that?
To be honest, no! It is day one, and that is what people do on day one.
So... you didn't want a read on me or anything either?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2011, 11:33:23 pm »

Max, it's a-me. Ottofar.

Also, billybob+kilakan scumteam, amirite?
Or with webs, but webs is webs.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20