Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 2 - Behold the power of Music! [Game Over]  (Read 39133 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 2 - The Tower of the Necromancer [Day 1]
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2011, 06:38:24 pm »

kilakan: How do you feel about not being able to get into a single game without my ever vigilant presents?
Pretty good actually, I figure the more we play the more I can get to know you, and thus be able to figure out what you are.

If you learned that a third party had an item that they did not want to use, but also did not want to throw away for fear that it falls into mafia hands (and specifically mafia! town would be okay), what would you suspect the item did? (fyi this question is for everyone)
Well an item that lets them automatically win of course. 
Also saying that the question is for everybody at the END of the post, well that's just fucking confusing and stupid.
billybobfred-Do you think about a post before you post it and if so for about how long?
Nom nom nom

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2011, 07:00:06 pm »

Max White: I'm still a bit newby in the question-asking department, but I guess I can make something up.

If you learned that a third party had an item that they did not want to use, but also did not want to throw away for fear that it falls into mafia hands (and specifically mafia! town would be okay), what would you suspect the item did? (fyi this question is for everyone)

Also where the heck is this item list people are speaking of? All I saw was a list of rarities and a few effects. Not a comprehensive list of possible items, or even a small selection.
Am I invisible to you, billybobfred?

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2011, 07:07:05 pm »

billybobfred-Do you think about a post before you post it and if so for about how long?
Either for about three seconds or over an hour, though I'm more likely to decide to just not post if I'm thinking that long.

And in what way is an instant win button a bad thing to use? (unless by "them" you specifically meant the mafia and in that case that item would be pretty poorly balanced!)

No, you ninja'd me and I didn't feel like typing up a response.

I mean, your motivation seems to be "I will accuse someone at random and see how they react". I can't very well say "well your reasoning is bad because" when you pretty much don't have any.

It's not a bad strategy, but it falls flat when it's that transparent. Of course if you had an actual reason I'd love to hear it...
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2011, 07:11:04 pm »

Unvote Kilakan.

Billybob the whole "I will accuse someone at random and see how they react." is pretty much how most people play at the beggining.

Max White Which player do you think would threaten the town most if mafia?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2011, 07:11:53 pm »

Either for about three seconds or over an hour, though I'm more likely to decide to just not post if I'm thinking that long.

And in what way is an instant win button a bad thing to use? (unless by "them" you specifically meant the mafia and in that case that item would be pretty poorly balanced!)

No, you ninja'd me and I didn't feel like typing up a response.

I mean, your motivation seems to be "I will accuse someone at random and see how they react". I can't very well say "well your reasoning is bad because" when you pretty much don't have any.

It's not a bad strategy, but it falls flat when it's that transparent. Of course if you had an actual reason I'd love to hear it...
lolol.

I would lynch you just for this post.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2011, 07:24:17 pm »

Max White Which player do you think would threaten the town most if mafia?
Well, from what I have heard, and seen in this game and the last, Wubbsy would be brutal. He is just too cute to ever hope to lynch! Look at those big round eyes... Also, in just a few posts he has managed to make the new guy look sort of scummy.

Although having said that, billy is also a bit of a threat, for the sole reason that he is new, and thus has an 'Org shield', where as it is expected that he won't get it first time, and as such everything he does that is scummy gets brushed off as newby mistakes. Wait...
billybobfred: You are new, right? I have never seen you here, but that isn't saying that much.

But yea, the potential thread reading from webby is off the charts.
BD: You are going to be active, right?
Ottofar: Who the hell are you anyway?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2011, 07:27:06 pm »

Max White Yes I do plan on being active, and so help me god if I try to be lazy spam my inbox with pm's until I do start being active.

Darvi What is my favorite color!?!?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2011, 07:28:53 pm »

Is lurking a color?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2011, 07:30:02 pm »

Is lurking a color?
I believe it would be the color black, or indigo. But those aren't my favorite color.
Welcome to Reality.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2011, 07:31:03 pm »

Do I really need to explain this to you?  For fuck's sake of course there wouldn't be an insta-win button numbskull.  I meant something that would say double their night kills letting them skip the lylo phase.  What the hell are you anyways, somehow your noobishness seems... forced to me.

Is lurking a color?
It'd be that really hard to see light grey white color.  Painted on a house that is in a commonly very foggy area, while also being in the main flight path of landing planes.
Nom nom nom

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2011, 07:36:05 pm »

Is lurking a color?
I believe it would be the color black, or indigo. But those aren't my favorite color.
Coulda fooled me >.>

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2011, 07:39:44 pm »

Is lurking a color?
That really is a grey area.  :P
*Ba dum, tish*

BD: Been doing some reading?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2011, 07:42:35 pm »

Is lurking a color?
That really is a grey area.  :P
*Ba dum, tish*

BD: Been doing some reading?
Thank you for your colorful insight.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2011, 07:54:51 pm »

Max White if by reading you mean reading past mafia games, then yes I have.

Billy Bob Have you played any past mafia games on Bay12? If so please provide some links.
Welcome to Reality.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2011, 08:04:15 pm »

billybobfred: You are new, right? I have never seen you here, but that isn't saying that much.
I am not new to mafia in general, though I am new to playing mafia on forums where everything I say can and will be picked apart for the tiniest evidences and anyone who doesn't do that is doing it wrong.

Billybob the whole "I will accuse someone at random and see how they react." is pretty much how most people play at the beggining.
I know that. Knowing that doesn't really help me respond to things, though.

For fuck's sake of course there wouldn't be an insta-win button numbskull.
Hey, you said "automatically win". Did you want me to assume that was a metaphor for "something powerful I can't be bothered to define because I am dodging the question like a scum"?

Billy Bob Have you played any past mafia games on Bay12? If so please provide some links.
Not on bay12. I subbed into a game on the MSPA forums and started in two more after that, neither of which has finished yet.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20