Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 2 - Behold the power of Music! [Game Over]  (Read 39143 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 2 - Last chance to sign up! [9/9+]
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2011, 01:46:13 pm »

Fair enough.  Signups will close when I finish updating Outpost, so ~30-60 minutes.  Last chance!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 2 - Last chance to sign up! [9/9+]
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2011, 02:37:19 pm »

Signups closed!

I am sending out alignments now.  Please respond to the PM with your selection of class.  If I do not get a response by 10 PM EST on Saturday, you will default to Random.  (A little more than 24 hours since it's the weekend.)  If I get all choices before then, we can start early!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 2 - In preparation. Check your PMs! [Pregame]
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 03:38:09 pm »

The Tower of the Necromancer was a blight on the land for many centuries.  The necromancer who built it, seeking to become a lich, sent his undead armies on raids throughout the countryside, gathering the components their master needed while slaughtering everyone in their way.  One dark night with no moon, the necromancer performed his unholy rite.

The rite failed.

The entire top third of the tower was obliterated in a huge magical explosion.  The threat of the necromancer was no more, but the undead remained, frozen in their last command- protect the tower from all threats.

The ruins contained much spell knowledge and arcane components, which attracted adventurers from miles around who sought to gather the wealth within.  The undead saw to it that many unprepared adventurers joined their ranks.  The nine of you banded together to raid the tower as a group... but not all is as it seems.

Two of you seek not wealth, but power,  and have paired up to eliminate the rest of you.  A dying ghast that you slew revealed this, laughing as it foretold misfortune.  A fierce argument breaks out- who can you trust?  You must solve this problem one way or another before this adventure ends.

Will new dark lords rise?

Day 1 has begun!

Ottofar has replaced Jim Groovester.

Day 1 will last until 11 PM EST on Wednesday, 7/20.

There are four items in the public pool.

Don't forget to notify me via PM if you would like to do something other than quest for an item during the day.  (See game rule 4)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 03:39:46 pm by Toaster »

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 2 - The Tower of the Necromancer [Day 1]
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2011, 03:46:02 pm »

Webadict, who would you want as your scumteam? What classes would you prefer on your scumteam?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2011, 03:50:23 pm »

Kilakan what kind of items do you think will be the most useful to the mafia?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2011, 04:03:29 pm »

Webadict, who would you want as your scumteam? What classes would you prefer on your scumteam?
I dunno. I'm ASSUMING you're asking who I would want as my scumpartner, as there are only two scum, so I'd say probably take Ottofar. He's least likely to get lynched out of all the people.

And I don't care. Random? Does it even matter? A Warrior and... a Bard? Whatevs works. The classes don't matter a whole lot.

However, this billybobfred character is more than likely mafia.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2011, 04:07:37 pm »

Clearly, Think0028 is dangerous. Four is death, people! Four is death!
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2011, 05:03:57 pm »

Well dunno about what items would be MOST useful but I'd have to say that items that protect against nightkills would probably be least useful for them.

webadict-Your reputation precedes you, so what do you think of your chance to make it through this alive?
Nom nom nom

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2011, 05:26:38 pm »

billybobfred: Clearly. So, no questions for anybody?
Sir Wubs-alot of wub: Hmm, a warrior to kill people, I guess, but a bard? Are items so much more important to you than base abilities?
Darvi: Lots of cool items! When reading the list, did any catch you eye? Anything you really want to get your hands on?
kilakan: How do you feel about not being able to get into a single game without my ever vigilant presents?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2011, 05:28:45 pm »

Well dunno about what items would be MOST useful but I'd have to say that items that protect against nightkills would probably be least useful for them.

webadict-Your reputation precedes you, so what do you think of your chance to make it through this alive?
lol, my CHANCES? I have but one chance, and it is approximately 13%. Why 13? Because I said so, that's why. I'm gonna get killed for lynching one of the scum.

Feel free to lay down and die, scum.

Sir Wubs-alot of wub: Hmm, a warrior to kill people, I guess, but a bard? Are items so much more important to you than base abilities?
Quite, actually. The Bard isn't killing, and should be item-oriented. Anything else is pretty useless except maybe a Wizard to permacast things on the Warrior.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2011, 05:29:35 pm »

lol, my CHANCES? I have but one chance, and it is approximately 13%. Why 13? Because I said so, that's why. I'm gonna get killed for lynching one of the scum.

Feel free to lay down and die, scum.

Quite, actually. The Bard isn't killing, and should be item-oriented. Anything else is pretty useless except maybe a Wizard to permacast things on the Warrior.
And by Wizard, I mean... Mage? I dunno. He seemed stupid.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2011, 05:35:51 pm »

Max White: I'm still a bit newby in the question-asking department, but I guess I can make something up.

If you learned that a third party had an item that they did not want to use, but also did not want to throw away for fear that it falls into mafia hands (and specifically mafia! town would be okay), what would you suspect the item did? (fyi this question is for everyone)

Also where the heck is this item list people are speaking of? All I saw was a list of rarities and a few effects. Not a comprehensive list of possible items, or even a small selection.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2011, 05:36:39 pm »

Oh, hey, there it is. Well, a list, at any rate.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2011, 05:41:31 pm »

If you learned that a third party had an item that they did not want to use, but also did not want to throw away for fear that it falls into mafia hands (and specifically mafia! town would be okay), what would you suspect the item did? (fyi this question is for everyone)
...   ???
There are a lot of items, and I'm not going to go through all of them. Just off the top of my head, the thing that would be most deadly is something like a scoll of genocide. I don't think townies would use that, and a third party might not want to for some reason.
Also where the heck is this item list people are speaking of? All I saw was a list of rarities and a few effects. Not a comprehensive list of possible items, or even a small selection.
There are tabs at the bottom of the page. They get you to items.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2011, 05:48:57 pm »

There are tabs at the bottom of the page. They get you to items.
Tabs.... My old arch-nemesis.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20