Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 2 - Behold the power of Music! [Game Over]  (Read 39068 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 2 - Double Kill [Day 2]
« Reply #270 on: July 26, 2011, 08:25:35 am »

It's one of the lower ones on the list, I think. All the other scumtells that come to mind just now (lying, trying to cut short scumhunting time, saying shit like "you'll be sorry if you lynch me!") are stronger.

Not sure what you mean by "active lurking", it seems to be one of those things that has multiple contradictory definitions. Or maybe a lot of people are just using it wrong. Either way.
Active lurking is where someone posts a lot of times but never actually does anything when they post.  Basically a ton of pointless posts.  So what do you mean by the scum tell of lying?
Nom nom nom

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 26, 2011, 10:29:15 am »

Active lurking sounds like trying too hard not to be accused of the regular kind. I'd put that above regular lurking.

Lying is lying. Saying things that you know aren't true. Town wants the truth to come out, scum would prefer everyone remain ignorant and/or confused. Simple enough, right?
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 26, 2011, 12:15:58 pm »

Darvi: you seem very focused on 'Bd as a cult leader.' Do you think he could be regular scum?
Read my previous posts again. I do in fact think he is mafia.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 26, 2011, 08:28:11 pm »

Due to lack of Internet, the day is modextended to 10 AM EST tomorrow. Sorry.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 26, 2011, 08:54:51 pm »

Darvi: Hrm. Guess I misread your posts.

Otto: You've done nothing since suggesting the shorten. Any contributions you want to make? What's your scumlist?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 27, 2011, 03:24:28 am »

Two of Billy/Think/Bd.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 27, 2011, 09:01:39 am »

Thread locked for day-end processing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 27, 2011, 09:43:59 am »

Vote Count:

Darvi:
Bdthemag:
Think0028:
Ottofar:
kilakan:
billybobfred:

No Lynch: Darvi, Ottofar, Think0028, billybobfred

Not Voting: kilakan, Bdthemag

After a day of arguing, you all decide that the best course of action is inaction.  Separating for the night, everyone retreats to their safe spot.  What will the morning bring?

No one has been lynched!

Night 2 has begun!

Night 2 will last until Thursday 7/28 at 11 AM EST.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 2 - Rocks fall, nobody dies [Night 2]
« Reply #278 on: July 28, 2011, 08:42:32 am »

As dawn rises of the Tower of the Necromancer, a strange music fills the air.  Ottofar and Kilakan sit on top of a pile of rubble, the two bards playing a haunting melody together. 

Think0028 and Billybobfred walk in.  “Where are the others?” Think asks.

Ottofar just smiles as he plays.  Kilakan laughs.  “Before you two could wake / Their lives we had to take,” he sings.

Billybobfred pulls out his dagger.  “Bastards!  You’ve backstabbed us!”  He charges the pair, but stops in his tracks.  Kilakan laughs again.

“Too late, my friend.  While taking out that money-grubbing merchant Bdthemag and that silly ranger Darvi last night, we found what we needed to give our music true power.  Now dance for us, fools!”

The two innocents begin to dance to the music, unable to control themselves. 

A fell power falls over the Tower of the Necromancer once more.

Game over!  Ottofar and Kilakan have won!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 2 - Behold the power of Music! [Game Over]
« Reply #279 on: July 28, 2011, 08:46:56 am »

Spoiler: Roles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: D1 item gains (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: N1 Results (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: D2 item gains (click to show/hide)

Scum Chat
Dead Chat

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 28, 2011, 08:51:57 am »

A much swingier game than the last one- I get the feeling this gametype doesn't like a 9 player game.

Ottofar became the first and second person to find an artifact.  Getting Grayswandir on N1 let the scum have two kills, making D2 the LYLO that no one knew.  Funnily enough, I thought the game heavily favored the town at start, with two inspect wands available.  N1 they both targeted Web, along with half the rest of the game- in all, five people targeted him that night.

There were no third parties.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 28, 2011, 09:05:31 am »

And no one used a protection spell on me...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 28, 2011, 09:11:26 am »

Well, the only person who had one was Kilakan, and that might have been counterproductive...

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 28, 2011, 09:20:34 am »

There were two kills of which neither was claimed by anyone. So yeah.

Also, Max, it is not mindreading if you think I'm scum in every game ever.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 28, 2011, 09:24:21 am »

Not massclaiming at "MYLO" was a bad move.  Think knew who all targeted Web, so if Otto had claimed something else, he would have been found out.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20