Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't find dwarf holds  (Read 1297 times)

alexrider711

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Can't find dwarf holds
« on: July 07, 2011, 02:00:54 am »

im new to the game, and i love adventure mode my dwarf is jacked and he has survived from hero and basically now he is unstopable being as advanced a fighter you can be and so on, my only weakness is that i still cant swim... i have TUNS of gold, but i realy have no reason to spend it because i can't find dwarf venders and everyone knows humans and elves work is shoty at best (love idea of warhammer dwarfs)
but to get to my point

How do i get into a dwarf hold? i follow the compas map direction tab window in the upper left and when i get to the site of the dwarf hold there is no entrance, i have been wandering aimlessly around a mountain range for at leats 5 hours now and my party of 6 manling warriors has since been reduced to 2 and one has a broken hand and broken foot, (we were attacked by goblins, bogymen took advantage of us when i didn't sleep one night and the next my men must have been very tired, and one guy just chased a mountian goat and never returned) I fear that if i don't get into the dwarf hold soon, ill will myself lose my life and my very cool charicter which actualy hasn't died yet (as apposed to my many other characters which mostly didn't make it past my first few quests) please help !

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Can't find dwarf holds
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 02:28:18 am »

In the current version, forest retreats, mountainhomes and dark fortresses don't exist.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

alexrider711

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 02:46:18 am »

awh :/ i can't wait till they do, well to late another party of goblins attacked and i got shot in the heart, body armor would have been nice than XD i did put on a iron mask i got from a goblin and some boots i found on a dead dwarf near a titan, i wish i had some good old iron breastplate on though :( thanks for the info :3

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 11:10:47 am »

Yeah, they're removed until Toady can fix them. But Toady is working on towns and stuff right now, so maybe they might come sooner than we all expect? Who can understand the mind of Toady, with all its toady-ness?
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 02:42:47 pm »

you also can't find elves in adv mode.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Jing0000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 04:59:58 pm »

Well, you can find elves and such on rare occasion's in towns...But we normaly get rid of those.

eataTREE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 05:04:30 pm »

In the current version, forest retreats, mountainhomes and dark fortresses don't exist.
The ghosts of a hundred dead adventurers of mine killed by bogeymen while vainly scouring the forests for elves to slaughter just wailed in anguish.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 11:58:41 pm »

Build your own Mountain home, using the technique in the thread Pick and Axes, in this section. It will do till Toady has time to fix things. And it is actually fun to meet your legendary fighters, and favorite characters from a loved fort
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration