Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Dwarf Fortress Chat Server, brought to you by RaidCall.  (Read 1629 times)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile

I just looked around and didn't see we had any servers up, so I decided to make my own.

Download Raidcall here:
http://www.raidcall.com/

Name:Dwarf Fortress Official Chat Server
No password

Have fun. It can be pretty useful for discussing things, doing succession forts and such, etc.

Hopefully I can get this stickied if all goes well, but for now, KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 07:22:54 pm by hitty40 »
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: The Official Dwarf Fortress Chat Server, brought to you by RaidCall.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 11:27:52 pm »

http://www.raidcall.com/  Here's the site where you can actually download the program that you need.

Edit:  Program hangs when trying to connect to the roomname you provided.  Dunno if the issue is on my end or yours.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 11:34:07 pm by Capntastic »

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 11:31:53 pm »

http://www.raidcall.com/  Here's the site where you can actually download the program that you need.

Aye, I totally forgot to post the link to download Raidcall. My bad!
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 03:13:48 am »

Surely it can't be official without Toady/Threetoe's say-so?
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 11:23:16 am »

Surely it can't be official without Toady/Threetoe's say-so?

Good point.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 02:06:47 pm »

Bump.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 03:10:27 pm »

In an effort to run this into the ground as fast as possible, I will be in the thing for the next half hour or so if anyone wants to chill.

Changed my mind, gonna go crawfishing.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 04:37:43 pm »

Did you really bump this after less than 3 hours? Why?

I must thank you for bringing this service to my attention, though. It looks somewhat useful.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 04:40:11 pm »

You know we already have an unofficial DFC/bay12 teamspeak with people in it all the time? :P See signature.

It's just "unofficial" because we don't want to bug Toady and have management issues like when people get banned or troll on the "official" IRC.