Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: You aren't Apprentices: Magic Book Discussion [Third Round Monday]  (Read 8875 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You aren't Apprentices! [!!1 slot left!!]
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2011, 10:27:36 am »

Old, unused barns are not valuable, and your experiment required a place to hang the board from, at least as far as I understood what you were asking to do.

You find out what the First Trial is tomorrow, on Monday. Once you've found that out, you'll have another 5 days, beyond Monday, until Friday, to figure out how you intend to complete the First Trial and to prepare yourself with whatever spells, items, knowledge and so forth that your newly minted plans would require.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2011, 12:35:41 pm »

oh, ok. I thought I'd be liable to pay for someone's barn or somehting when you said that at first.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2011, 05:42:17 pm »

In order to clarify the scheduling a bit further, I'll go ahead and announce that I will be making the announcement of the First Trial at approximately midnight GMT as July the 11th becomes July the 12th.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2011, 06:54:47 pm »

You know, in all likelyhood it would be a good idea to take the !!1 slot left!! out of the thread title, now that we do not have a slot left.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You aren't Apprentices!
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2011, 07:41:45 pm »

Oloat the Brown congratulates you all on your outstanding successes in magic: Creating a treant, a phoenix, an enchanted sword of hellfire, true invisibility and a castle destroying superweapon all in but three days. He explains the nature of the First Trial soon after:

Within the dungeons below, there are 5 idnetical hydras, one for each of the teams. Within the belly of the each of beasts lies a key, one that unlocks an enchanted chest. The first to unlock the chest is the victor of the First Trial.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2011, 12:09:46 am »

Bumping this thread. Am I only one that missed the start of this?

It would be nice if we got a thread title change. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2011, 12:11:10 am »

I believe it starts today (Correct me if I am wrong)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2011, 05:45:53 am »

It's been started, although the game is certainly ramping up now. Will change title.

A few things to note:
-You will not be able to get at the hydras (or the chest, for that matter) before the actual day of the trial in IG time. All of those areas are sealed off with magical stone walls made by the Brown Wizard. So no sneaking in and killing the hydras now and going before everyone else. Nice tries to all 4 you that though of it, though.
-When you send in your PM does not matter. All of your characters will start the trial at the same IG time, and who gets there first will be based on the specifics of your battle plans and how long each step in the plan is judged to take.
-Ignoring your hydra and trying to go into the chest without a key is allowed. Doing so means that you have as long as it takes for the other teams to get the key out of their hydra and get up to the chest with it to do whatever it is that you want to try in order to get the contents of the chest out without a key.
-Getting killed at any point precludes you from participating, as being dead disqualifies you from being on the Council. Do your very best not to die (or not let anyone find out you died), even if you suspect that you have a way to cheat death.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2011, 07:48:38 am »

-Getting killed at any point precludes you from participating, as being dead disqualifies you from being on the Council. Do your very best not to die (or not let anyone find out you died), even if you suspect that you have a way to cheat death.
Oh man, this paragraph is great! Absolute classic! :D It made me laugh. I might even sig it!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You aren't Apprentices! First Trial: Hydra Wrangling
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2011, 09:16:00 am »

That rule (along with the laws that disenfranchise the undead in general) was adopted ages ago to keep liches from getting an unfair political advantage.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2011, 11:18:23 am »

General notice: Armok convinced me to get onto http://cgiirc.synirc.net/ in the #apprentices channel so I can do experiments in real time with him. You can schedule a time to talk to me on it over PMs, with whoever you want present or whatever.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2011, 11:46:25 am »

I just know it: Armok's going to unravel the secrets of space and time to become the most powerful archmage to ever exist before most of us can even be classified as proper wizards.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2011, 11:54:38 am »

*notes down that Nirur have precognitive powers that needs watching out for*

Edit: also irc://irc.eu.synirc.net/apprentices is a better link
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2011, 11:58:06 am »

I just know it: Armok's going to unravel the secrets of space and time to become the most powerful archmage to ever exist before most of us can even be classified as proper wizards.
I'll grab him from behind, and while he's using some sort of gravity spell or something on me, you can take him down.

:P
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2011, 01:19:57 pm »

Afraid not.

Armok has dropped out, for reasons that I shall not go into here, and would request that others not bring up either.

Johnfalcon99977, if he is still interested and conditional on hachnslay's approval, will be taking over Armok's place on Team 5. Otherwise, I'll be looking for replacements in thread. I've sent those involved a PM.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9