Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Urist McButcher cancels slaughter animal, taken by mood  (Read 870 times)

Merkuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Urist McButcher cancels slaughter animal, taken by mood
« on: July 06, 2011, 08:30:03 am »

I had a dwarf get a mood in the middle of dragging a sheep to the slaughterhouse.  It said he canceled the slaughter job, but he's still dragging the sheep!  I can't imagine what he'll need a sheep for in his workshop.

Should this be reported as a bug?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Urist McButcher cancels slaughter animal, taken by mood
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 08:32:57 am »

Oh gods yes this is amazing.  That's a bug, but a damn fine one!  Unfortunately, it has near-zero reproducibility.

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 08:36:04 am »

Could you resolve the mood? If he then proceeds to slaughter or release the sheep everything is fine. He was gripped by his mood and simply forgot the sheep.

Or, he's welsh/australian/from new zealand and the "strange mood" with this sheep is NSFW!
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

Lezard

• Bay Watcher
  • Detests !!Caravans!! for their terrifing antics.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 08:37:34 am »

I occasionally get military dwarfs who've been drinking carry barrels into battle..sadly they don't seem to use them.
here's hoping that you get an artefact sheep bed with hanging rings of sheep that menaces with spikes of sheep...
Currently I have "The Breached Anus of brides"  sounds like a disastrous honey moon.
Exactly. Ethics in DF are very realistic - trivial and pointlessly selectively ex/inclusive.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 08:44:06 am »

Urist has created a masterwork sheep lately.

Remove the animal from slaughter, see if he continues to carry it.

Merkuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 08:54:43 am »

He claimed his workshop (leatherworking shop, actually) and is still dragging the sheep.  Maybe he wanted reeealy fresh leather.

I removed the slaughter order on the sheep, and it's STILL being dragged.

...Wait a friendly woodcutter came and took the sheep off of the moody dwarf's hands.  The woodcutter is bringing the sheep back to the pasture.  I'm gonna say that the moody dwarf was so preoccupied with his future creation that he forgot he was holding the sheep's tether until Urist McWoodcutter came along and said, "hey, Urist, let me take that for you."

When I noticed this, I saved and copied the save so that I could upload it for the bug tracker.

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 08:55:59 am »

I don't see the bug, seems WAD to me. ;)
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

Merkuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile