Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vindictus thread  (Read 2336 times)

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
Vindictus thread
« on: July 05, 2011, 09:26:27 pm »

The only game where you can be a giant black man in a speedo who wrestles Mount Crushmore.
Unfortunately it's only available in South Korea and North America.

I decided to make a new thread pretty much just so we could have have an up to date playerlist >Implying Bay12ers play this game.

The best I've ever heard this game explained is that it's sort of like a 3D Streets of Rage with Monster Hunter-ish boss battles. And the game very much focuses on the bosses, right to the point where the scenery becomes rather bland after a while.

And of course the most offputting thing about the game is episode 2, which can feel like a tremendous grind at some times. But after passing that point, it gets dramatically better.

Also I suppose I should mention this game is completely free. There is a cash shop, but other than a few revival items and potions, it's entirely cosmetics. Cash shop players have pretty much zero advantage over free players.
And besides that, skill most certainly beats gear anyhow.

There are currently four characters in the game, with a fifth coming, each one has two different weapons that completely change their moveset.

Lann mostly all about speed regardless of weapon. His dual swords have a more varied moveset and give him one of the best dodges in the game, while his dual spears sacrifice variety and survivability for more damage.

Fiona is the only character with an actual, physical shield. Her sword and hammer aren't all that different besides the hammer being slower but stronger, and her various block-related abilities usually means she'll be the only one left alive when your raid dies horribly.

Evie is the token Mage character, her Staff giving her the ability heal her team and freeze enemies as well as put out some very powerful single shot spells, and arguably the best defense mechanism in the game. She can switch to a Scythe as well, which makes her much less of a team player and focuses her more on offense. Also either one allows her to summon golems out of random objects. Including pumpkins. Especially pumpkins.

Karok is the aforementioned giant black man (Speedo optional). Currently his only weapon is a pillar which he pretty much just uses to smack everyone around. He can also toss it at the enemy and start smacking people around with just his fists. He's the only character who can grapple bosses, which also effectively stuns them for a long time in which the rest of the party may attack. Rumours say his second weapon is just his fists, but I believe he'll be getting something later on.

Kai is an archer. He's not yet released. We know his name and we know he's an archer. That's about it.

Will probably reorganize this post and maybe add videos and screenshots like the last thread had, later.

Players:
Spoiler: West Server (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: East Server (click to show/hide)
And of course post if you want to be added to these lists.

Also, while not an official Bay12 guild, Or even a pony guild for that matter, most of us are in the Aurelian Order guild on west server.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:06:12 am by Lumbajak »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vindictus thread
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 09:48:32 pm »

I am downloading the game now East Server (I'm all by myself awww) my character name will be Adwarf

Cyahnidde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 09:51:52 pm »

I love nexon but this game doesn't work on my computer that well.
I play on the West Server. My name is Cyahnidde. Go ahead and add me to the list since i'm getting a new PC in a week or two, and will be able to play.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 09:56:35 pm »

I am downloading the game now East Server (I'm all by myself awww) my character name will be Adwarf
Something tells me that name is going to be taken.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 10:00:34 pm »

Something tells me that name is going to be taken.
My alternative is Adwarf777 so put that down, and I will use it instead.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 12:58:54 am »

Well my character name is Freyajin since I decided to give my character a normal name.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 01:36:26 am »

Come to think of it should probably add the character class and level to that list.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 01:44:39 am »

Class - Evie, Level - 2. There you go.

diamok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 09:10:05 am »

Games that start their feature set with some like "Brutal Physics" or the like tend to bore the shit out of me.
Also, under "Things to do" (marketplace) they actually list cancelling sale items as a feature.

Yes, game looks good, but going to have to pass...have fun though. :)

Take care,

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 04:24:30 pm »

Battlefield 3 is marketing on the fact that being able to go prone is a feature.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 05:32:43 pm »

this game engine can look rather odd at times!
It's Source.  I don't know what you were expecting.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

raalph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 08:20:44 pm »

This game is awesome. Tested the north-american version with proxy, but it was too laggy.
Now i'm waiting Vindictus Europe: http://vindictus.nexoneu.com/
I hope it doesn't have ipblock to brazil like other nexon eu games.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 03:53:06 am »

Well given that Brazil would be placed even further away from Europe than North America.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 01:16:58 am »

Well I got to level 7 yesterday (I got distracted when I tryed out Dungeon Fighter)
Pages: [1] 2