Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: Dawntide [Open Beta - Sandbox MMO] - Duthnuronol Dwarves Faction  (Read 30997 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawntide [Open Beta - Sandbox MMO] - Duthnuronol Dwarves Faction
« Reply #270 on: July 12, 2011, 12:11:57 pm »

I read something a while ago about being able to craft/use primitive black powder weapons. Is that in yet?
No, but there is a "Gunnery" skill in the skill list(or was, last time I looked). Judging from the technology of the game, I figure they'd be bombard cannons and possibly arquebuses. There's also a "Siege Engine" skill that's unimplemented as well. I imagine ship-to-ship combat and siege warfare will be major parts of the game, utilizing either or both of those skills.

Hmm sorta looking around for a new game to get into. How hard is this on a computer? If one can play TF2 they would be good to go for this? I'm asking because this computer is old enough where even some of the newer MMO's won't run.
Even on my rig, it occassionally drops down to single digit FPS, usually when it's loading heavily populated cells.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 12, 2011, 12:17:12 pm »

Hmm sorta looking around for a new game to get into. How hard is this on a computer? If one can play TF2 they would be good to go for this? I'm asking because this computer is old enough where even some of the newer MMO's won't run.

They've said the only official requirement out is that your GFX card got Shader 3.0 :T

By the way dwarves, some RL issues to fix so I may not be on too much today. I'll still try to start getting Iron, though.

Aaand I think that disqualifies me. I might download it in the off chance that it does work but if it requires Shader 3.0 then it likely won't. Pity.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 12, 2011, 12:21:12 pm »

Boo.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 12, 2011, 12:26:20 pm »

Boo.

Well I'm hoping that in the upcoming semester I'll be getting a new computer, big question mark as to how powerful it'll be though.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 12, 2011, 10:15:33 pm »

I couldn't play all day today.
RL issues are popping up and I'll have to start looking for a job, soon.
I think you guys understand..

I won't leave the game though. And we have 3 subleaders to guide you when I'm away (I'm not of much use anyway, I know, you don't have to say it.  :P)

I have no reason to leave the game, which is rather surprising since I never felt this in a MMO.
They tend to be like my relationship with girls: I know what's going to ruin our relationship from day one.

"lol"
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 12, 2011, 10:34:13 pm »

Wish you were on for a bit though, turn all this Iron that Stones is mining up into tools for us... ^_^ $_$
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 12, 2011, 10:46:51 pm »

Wish you were on for a bit though, turn all this Iron that Stones is mining up into tools for us... ^_^ $_$

Yup, I really wanted to help you guys out.
People gave me stuff for the boat and to train architecture, etc. I'm not used into this kind of help since I know it takes hours of gameplay.
That's why I'm not leaving the game, this sense of teamwork is great.
Also I'm logging in with my crafter if Paul is around, or I can get his iron with my main char (that has the Boat) and get it.

Where'd he get iron from anyway? From north?
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 12, 2011, 11:20:41 pm »

North West Isle, its large and nice and big... Shallow Cave with an Iron Node there...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 12, 2011, 11:40:34 pm »

We'll probably Settle on West Vynn SE part.

LOTS of land
Trees
and an UNCLAIMED IRON MINE.

Rush for those Bastion Materials my friends, for with dwarven craftsmanship we'll make our first conquest.

(Sorry I suck at leader-like sayings)

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 13, 2011, 06:58:50 am »

^Bit of confidence goes a long way ;)

Anyway, anyone else having problems connecting? I can't seem to connect :(

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 13, 2011, 08:44:55 am »

They patched the game twice and had a problem with the database

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #281 on: July 13, 2011, 10:05:01 am »

Swam over just now to get Iron and found that the Iron node changed to silver.  :(

Mined it out, hopefully it'll respawn as iron again.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 13, 2011, 12:01:00 pm »

It was said that all nodes are random... unless they're weighted (which I know they at least sort of are, there's nodes that yield rock and never metal, as well as metal but never rock) towards certain metals, that means that one node is really as good as the next, and we should pick the one that's most convenient for building around.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #283 on: July 13, 2011, 12:35:12 pm »

I think they might be a general quality level too. Iron silver gold and the high end gems only spawn in the higher end nodes, while lower end nodes spawn stuff like malachite and copper and tin.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 13, 2011, 01:08:57 pm »

Mind, the mines on the continent of South Vynn aren't random in the same way as the mines on every other island/continent.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27