Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27

Author Topic: Dawntide [Open Beta - Sandbox MMO] - Duthnuronol Dwarves Faction  (Read 31033 times)

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawntide [Open Beta - Sandbox MMO] - Duthnuronol Dwarves Faction
« Reply #180 on: July 09, 2011, 03:05:28 pm »

I'm GMT+1, first day playing so I can't say how often I'll be playing this game.
Btw, anyone online atm?

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 09, 2011, 06:16:23 pm »

Yo guys. As I said, I won't be able to play today.
Thanks Glowcat, I think you're taking care of things.

I'll try to drop by later on, to train some stuff.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 09, 2011, 06:21:33 pm »

I log in, and notice that everything I was carrying, except some starter clothes, is gone. The stuff in my bank is alright, and luckily I have enough materials and gear to get back into it.

They also forced 10 levels of Toolsmithing on me that I didn't want. Oh well, it wasn't like I was planning on mastering Necromancy anyway.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 09, 2011, 09:18:42 pm »

I log in, and notice that everything I was carrying, except some starter clothes, is gone. The stuff in my bank is alright, and luckily I have enough materials and gear to get back into it.

They also forced 10 levels of Toolsmithing on me that I didn't want. Oh well, it wasn't like I was planning on mastering Necromancy anyway.

You probably died while you logged out (if on a dangerous area) or something.
And you know that the EXP bar converts into skill gain while time passes, right?
1000 XP usually gives 10 Skill levels after some hours (total hours depend on how low your skill is, and if you're online/offline. But his is my opinion, other people say it just takes 16 hours to convert)
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 09, 2011, 09:38:17 pm »

I have some odd exp here and there and the 0% symbol is not even displaye because i did not use them. probably related to bugs thet lose your trousers and weapons.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 09, 2011, 10:15:05 pm »

You probably died while you logged out (if on a dangerous area) or something.
And you know that the EXP bar converts into skill gain while time passes, right?
1000 XP usually gives 10 Skill levels after some hours (total hours depend on how low your skill is, and if you're online/offline. But his is my opinion, other people say it just takes 16 hours to convert)
<- Hasn't played since March, so there's no way I would have had any EXP for Toolsmithing(or anything else for that matter). And when I went in, I logged in at the bank, not the temple, so I couldn't have died.

My skillset:
Long Blade
Mining
Lumberjacking
Carpentry
Weaponsmithing
Toolsmithing(very low)

Except for Toolsmithing, everything is aroudn 40-ish.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 09, 2011, 11:00:36 pm »

Perhaps the Current rank system can be changed to include the proffestion or job assigned to each dwarf. Make it easier to see who does what.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Map
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 11:06:38 pm by Lord Inquisitor »
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 09, 2011, 11:19:19 pm »

We should start tracking what we need for the boat.

Skill Level Required: Carpentry 55.
Materials to make Deed: 2 Ink, 10 Paper
Materials to build: 1000 Wooden Planks, 100 Linen and 100 Nails

I have a lot of flax so if someone with decent tailoring skill wants to tear through it we can meet up at the spindle at Vynn next time I'm on.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 09, 2011, 11:24:18 pm »

No one is on when I get on to get added to the faction with my new character.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 09, 2011, 11:28:40 pm »

No one is on when I get on to get added to the faction with my new character.

Name?

If you need to get in /t Geni or Terezi, I'm usually on.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 01:08:06 am by Glowcat »
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 10, 2011, 01:39:48 am »

Long time 'till this can be taken seriously, but based on that map..
My Guess is that we make a town in East Vynn if we take too long to reach West Vynn, so we can get on a non-snowy place (bad, ugly textures...) and still be near enough the Iron mines to the north (with boats it should be easier/faster), the Starter (to get our recruits) and still able to explore West Vynn.

Perhaps the Current rank system can be changed to include the proffestion or job assigned to each dwarf. Make it easier to see who does what.

Before I do that, I need everyone to pick a main Crafting/Gathering skill as it's listed on the first post, so I can make the changes in-game.
Military Ranks will be given to people with permissions and 'Nobility' Ranks will be given on different occasions, which may be set later on.

We should start tracking what we need for the boat.

Skill Level Required: Carpentry 55.
Materials to make Deed: 2 Ink, 10 Paper
Materials to build: 1000 Wooden Planks, 100 Linen and 100 Nails

You probably took that from the Wiki, and it's very outdated. I don't think there was Shipwrighting when this was written.
It wouldn't make sense to require Carpentry to build a boat, because you can't transfer a boat to someone else (never heard about it), and when you put the deed down, the boat is claimed by you.
So anyone that needed a boat would need carpentry, since there's no way to transfer the claim?

Maybe Carpentry is not required. If it is, my Carpenter can reach 55 easily when I get time.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 01:42:37 am by Gabeux »

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 10, 2011, 03:11:40 am »

My skills are lumberjacking and carpentry.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 10, 2011, 05:16:51 am »

North Vynn appears to be a very good spot for us. There's a monolith full of evils on that island and plenty of Iron. Stone will most likely be easy to find out there as well,
but what about trees? Can they be found there as well or is it a barren wasteland?

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 10, 2011, 05:40:43 am »

You can always have some travelling lumberjacks on the ships, if not, they are there for nothing

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 10, 2011, 06:37:11 am »

Downloading now.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 27