Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27

Author Topic: Dawntide [Open Beta - Sandbox MMO] - Duthnuronol Dwarves Faction  (Read 31015 times)

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawntide [Open Beta - Sandbox MMO] - Duthnuronol Dwarves Faction
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2011, 06:19:01 pm »

Grr, I can't start the game again, it keeps giving me a runtime error when I try to start it.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2011, 08:34:47 pm »

Our team is getting good, real good  8)
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2011, 08:39:51 pm »

Soon you won't need that 48th Alt... :P
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2011, 08:40:56 pm »

For anybody considering a warrior (non-crafter) build, look at a Warrior-Mage. Elemental allows me to blow goblins up way faster than I can kill them with my melee. It's also a nice way to get goblins alone instead of being mobbed.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2011, 08:42:15 pm »

I created a new better character for my play style.
I went right out and killed 4 pigs, 2 cows, a bandit, a sheep, dog, cat and rabbit.
I think I've done good. I had over 200 $ before I spent it on a new bow and arrows.

Also for anyone having a runtime error like I had, run it in administrator mode. Fixed my problem.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2011, 09:03:28 pm »

Soon you won't need that 48th Alt... :P

True, I'm already down to 4 alts and that'll be 3 once my crafter gets enough levels / we build a town
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2011, 09:07:05 pm »

So I'm tempted to get this. How big of a download is it to get to the current version, though?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2011, 09:15:27 pm »

I created a new better character for my play style.
I went right out and killed 4 pigs, 2 cows, a bandit, a sheep, dog, cat and rabbit.
I think I've done good. I had over 200 $ before I spent it on a new bow and arrows.

Also for anyone having a runtime error like I had, run it in administrator mode. Fixed my problem.

Were you that Stryxx guy? If I knew that was you I'd have invited there.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 07, 2011, 09:26:31 pm »

Trying to download and play with you gents, but, it keeps saying the update failed 10% of the way through :(

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2011, 09:33:20 pm »

I remember how they changed the money system. I prefered having the four different kinds of coins(10 copper= 1 bronze, 10 bronze = 1 silver, 10 silver = 1 gold), because having that one gold coin made it feel like it meant something.

Now, you're just sitting on piles of gold coins, like every other game...
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2011, 09:48:39 pm »

I remember how they changed the money system. I prefered having the four different kinds of coins(10 copper= 1 bronze, 10 bronze = 1 silver, 10 silver = 1 gold), because having that one gold coin made it feel like it meant something.

That does sound better than this 1 unit gold crown system.

Even better would be some way for players to forge their own currency and let the coin's material play a role.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 07, 2011, 10:20:14 pm »

That does sound better than this 1 unit gold crown system.

Even better would be some way for players to forge their own currency and let the coin's material play a role.

BLAHBLAHBLAH DWARF FORTRESS FANBOYS

But thats true. Can't remember which game inscribed the empires currency on the coin, so you could use that only in that empire.
Would be awesome for us so we could make an internal econ.

PS.: I was talking about DF, see what I did there?

Trying to download and play with you gents, but, it keeps saying the update failed 10% of the way through :(

Try reinstalling the game (and deleting the folder), maybe something is corrupted in the folder and is messing things up.

raalph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 07, 2011, 10:35:22 pm »

Finally made the game work, my IGN is Raalph. Can anyone invite me to the faction?

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 08, 2011, 12:10:12 am »

Fellow dwarves, I'll need you to donate me Crowns you have tospare (we only use money now to buy tools - and my toolsmith is almost ready to forge our stuff).
I'll need the money to buy Inkwells, which cost 100 each, so I can train Architecture and get our Fortress deeds ready (Like the Watch Tower, Warehouses, farms, houses, etc).

I'd like to ask that no one else get Architecture because it takes a lot of money / time to train. Once I manage to make watch towers (at least), we can have another architect.

Thank ye.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 12:26:44 am by Gabeux »

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 08, 2011, 04:21:20 am »

I've rerolled, now I'm a Lumberjack/Carpenter. The new nickname is Kivish.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 27