Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: Dawntide [Open Beta - Sandbox MMO] - Duthnuronol Dwarves Faction  (Read 31001 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Dawntide [Open Beta - Sandbox MMO] - Duthnuronol Dwarves Faction
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2011, 01:04:26 pm »

I downloaded the game and updated it, but when the update is complete it doesn't open nothing. I use windows 7. There is any fix?

Weird, have you tried updating graphics drivers, directx etc?
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2011, 01:05:32 pm »

I downloaded the game and updated it, but when the update is complete it doesn't open nothing. I use windows 7. There is any fix?

Dunno. I've also got Windows 7 and the biggest problem I have is atrociously slow Loading times (with a few crashes thrown in for frustration).
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

raalph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2011, 01:16:52 pm »

Everything is on last version.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2011, 01:19:00 pm »

Just finished downloading the game. It's updating itself now.

Game looks interesting. Will have to see if I like it.

Thinking of doing a mage type character for my first, is that viable? Don't see any game manuals, so I guess I'll have to figure it out as I go along.

Heh, I think it's taking longer to update than it took to download in the first place. Was downloading at 1mb/s and got the initial
download in about 16 minutes. It's been updating for nearly that long now and its only 60%.

-edit- No facial hair? Blasphemy! This game fails already.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:40:10 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2011, 01:47:23 pm »

Everything is on last version.

That's very weird, you could try posting/looking around on their forums here http://dawntide.net/forum/support/technical-support
I didn't have any problems with the game, so I'm not of much help.

Just finished downloading the game. It's updating itself now.

Game looks interesting. Will have to see if I like it.

Thinking of doing a mage type character for my first, is that viable? Don't see any game manuals, so I guess I'll have to figure it out as I go along.

Heh, I think it's taking longer to update than it took to download in the first place. Was downloading at 1mb/s and got the initial download in about 16 minutes. It's been updating for nearly that long now and its only 60%.

Hey Paul! You're going to play? Awesome!
Yep, the first download doesn't bring much stuff, all of it is downloaded on the update.

By the way, remember there's a 700 skill cap for every char, and each skill can level up to 100.
Pick 7 skills for you character.
As a mage, I made one like this (you can pick 5 skills on character creation and start them at 20 skill level):
Elementism (Damage magic school) / SpellCraft (Lowers Mana consumption)
Polearm (This weapon helps recover mana quicker) / Light Armor (You can change this to Preservation [healing magic school] but do not use any heavier armor than Light, since it lowers your magic capacity a lot)
Skinning (Get hides and stuff from animals - can give money and help our Leatherworkers and Fletchers)

You can get other 2 skills, I'd suggest Elementism / Preservation / Spellcraft / Polearm / Light Armor (or any other) / Tactics / Skinning.
This is for your main, combat character.
If you wish to make a gatherer char later on (usually people get a main char [combat] and a gathering/crafting one), you could pick Lumberjack/Carpentry, because we're needing wood & people to convert wood into Wooden Planks (for buildings and boats).

Sorry for the text  ::) heh
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2011, 01:50:24 pm »

Downloading, though I won't be much help from the 8th to the 15th of this month but I'll try to help out while I am here. I leave the 11th for an Army function.

Whoever is using my alias for a login is going to be murdered. Fucker that's my name.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:54:07 pm by Saint »
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2011, 02:04:41 pm »

Boats?

COUNT ME IN.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2011, 02:46:53 pm »

Fucking runtime error, what the hell.
First it takes forever to update then it says it failed update and I have to restart my computer and try again, THEN it says runtime error.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2011, 02:48:09 pm »

Count me in:
Nickname: Domenique
Gather: Lumberjacking
Crafter: Fletcher

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2011, 03:00:11 pm »

I have a feeling this game isn't quite legit as it's unable to even run for one and two it's opening random .exe's in my temp files that were not there.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2011, 03:02:44 pm »

Saint, no one said anything about that nor had any problems with "random .exes", so I don't know what you're talking about.
Runtime error, that can be fixed I guess, try looking the technical support forum or updating your stuff.

Anyone that is on, send a message to gabeux (/tell Gabeux) so I can invite you to the faction.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2011, 03:08:07 pm »

So what has changed since the last time we tried making a settlement in this game (as in a few months ago)?

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 07, 2011, 03:08:26 pm »

I've been getting at least 10 windows security bullshits every time I try to run the game now if it even runs because it's trying to open au.exe ao.exe a.exe ac.exe be.exe and some other crap.
It's being opened by dawntide specificaly. And no I don't have any viruses or anything on my machine, I had actually just done a complete drive scan not 30 minutes before.

I posted in the tech support section, probably the wrong topic but my problem isn't worth an entire thread to me.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 07, 2011, 03:24:04 pm »

I shall be a miner and probably a smith later.

Can picks be used as a weapon? If so which weapon skill do they use?

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 07, 2011, 03:25:27 pm »

No picks as a weapon, use axes, they are pretty dwarfy
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27