Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: Dawntide [Open Beta - Sandbox MMO] - Duthnuronol Dwarves Faction  (Read 30932 times)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
Re: Dawntide [Open Beta - Sandbox MMO] - Duthnuronol Dwarves Faction
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2011, 11:12:17 pm »

I'm online as Tilla, Herb/Mine/Alch

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2011, 11:16:15 pm »

Bah, dawntide keeps crashing I'm off for tonight....

Alright man, goodnight.
By the way, I think making riverboats isn't as hard as we thought.
Doing it solo is hard (even though I'm halfway there, after having discovered a 250+ copper ore vein), but it's taking long because I don't have tools nor skills.

But ha, this will work.
Come on people, join!

>> Tilla, I contacted you in-game.
Check your Private tab on the lower right console
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 11:19:20 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2011, 11:17:41 pm »

I would give this a try but my current graphics card doesnt even support pixel shader 1.0.  Maybe when i get a new one
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2011, 11:23:15 pm »

I'm usually all-for these sorts of games (Haven & Hearth, etc) but this one just seems... unreasonably awkward. Self-sufficiency really isn't that hard in the real world, and even if it was, I wouldn't find that an enjoyable game to play. Realism is one thing, but a game, after all, should really be entertaining in the least.

Also, my reply box is broken. Specifically, there's no word wrapping, so I can't see what I'm typing after a while. o_O
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2011, 11:26:46 pm »

I'm usually all-for these sorts of games (Haven & Hearth, etc) but this one just seems... unreasonably awkward. Self-sufficiency really isn't that hard in the real world, and even if it was, I wouldn't find that an enjoyable game to play. Realism is one thing, but a game, after all, should really be entertaining in the least.

Also, my reply box is broken. Specifically, there's no word wrapping, so I can't see what I'm typing after a while. o_O

Try cleaning your browser's cache and refreshing the page.

Also I agree, but if everyone had every skill in the game, it would become a weird single-player MMO.
Once we have more people around it should look less awkward.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2011, 11:29:06 pm »

I just got ingame as Zasit

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2011, 11:31:48 pm »

Alright, I'll be in the starter town in a minute. My alt name is Ninna, I can invite you to the faction once we meet in-game

Zasit and Tilla, the new DDF members! Roooowr
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 11:44:47 pm by Gabeux »

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2011, 12:57:21 am »

Name is Wortan and have died constantly due to lag and apparent inability to kill even a lowly skeleton. The one I did kill gave me nothing of use. or exp
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2011, 01:03:11 am »

Name is Wortan and have died constantly due to lag and apparent inability to kill even a lowly skeleton. The one I did kill gave me nothing of use. or exp

Yeah, the game is different and if you make the wrong choices on character creation it can be punishing.
I'll login with my main chair in a sec, we can meet in the starter town so I can invite you to the faction :)

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2011, 01:06:08 am »

This sounds a lot like UO... is it?? Please god tell me that this is a 3D UO and I'd be joining pretty quick.

I just got in and there are skill/attribute locks all over the place. Also, Hiding and Stealth are separate skills.

Yeah, I'm seeing UO written all over this.

Character name is Glory btw.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2011, 01:10:30 am »

Im in the market place of the starter town, with my main char (Gabeux). Gotta send you guys the invites.
Also, we need to meet because I need to be targetting you before sending an invite...I don't understand why this is necessary, but well, whatever.

Heh

>> Wortan I could not find/invite you, so if you want to try again, post here when you log in so we can meet in-game.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 01:44:36 am by Gabeux »

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2011, 03:20:57 am »

I'll join too, it looks good
 In as Nights, Crafting: Wood, metal and stone |Gathering: Wood and mining
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 04:04:26 am by NightS »

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2011, 06:52:49 am »

Bah really wanting to play but when ever I try registering on the website I just get a error come up once hit the button anyone help? And anyone else getting this problem?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2011, 07:09:23 am »

Right finally in, Anyone having problems with the PsyX system Software thing. Go to Control Panel, uninstall the program. Download the Program and then install it again...

Anyone on???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2011, 07:27:28 am »

Me wan join.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27