Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: Dawntide [Open Beta - Sandbox MMO] - Duthnuronol Dwarves Faction  (Read 30990 times)

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dawntide [Open Beta - Sandbox MMO] - Duthnuronol Dwarves Faction
« Reply #210 on: July 10, 2011, 12:29:13 pm »

Why is always iron better than bronze >:(
Iron is softer than bronze, but lighter, damn
(i'm a bronze fanboy :P)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 10, 2011, 12:34:10 pm »

IGN: Akura. And I can very likely mine Iron(skill>40). Heck, most of my profession skills(all but Toolsmithing) are over 40.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 10, 2011, 12:46:24 pm »

IGN: Akura. And I can very likely mine Iron(skill>40). Heck, most of my profession skills(all but Toolsmithing) are over 40.

Akura I'll put your main activities as Mining and Weaponsmith.
Not sure if they are the ones you focus in though, but we need another Weaponsmith...  :P
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 10, 2011, 01:08:28 pm »

someone post copy of C:\Games\Dawntide\data\gui\imagesetsDTMinimapVynnland.png and contents of DTMinimapVynnland.imageset/ Mecause my map is off again.

at least post dimensions
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 10, 2011, 01:49:37 pm »

So hey, I had around 1k on my Crafter [Architect] and Glowcat gave me around 4k for the Architect Goal these days.
I put it to use today, and managed to get around 300+ EXP for architecture, which will take me to skill level 25 (takes long time to make deeds + ~18 XP/deed + High cost per deed)
Anyone that's storing money, give it to Glowcat so he can transfer it to me (I think he's the most active leader these days), otherwise it'll take a looong time before I can make Watch Tower deeds and etc.

Since I'm training my main char I'll be able to make some money too, so I hope I can get at least 100 architecture XP per day with the income hunting/looting gives me.

someone post copy of C:\Games\Dawntide\data\gui\imagesetsDTMinimapVynnland.png and contents of DTMinimapVynnland.imageset/ Mecause my map is off again.

at least post dimensions

Spoiler: PNG (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: imageset (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 01:51:11 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 10, 2011, 02:01:00 pm »

Thanks for info but still dont fix my map problem

Checked a older screen shot and the map was off more than I thought in vanilla. This furthers my position that ingame map is useless as is.

Currently trying to replace with more accurate version and change the position icon to somthing less clunky.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 10, 2011, 02:03:41 pm »

Thanks for info but still dont fix my map problem

Checked a older screen shot and the map was off more than I thought in vanilla. This furthers my position that ingame map is useless as is.

Currently trying to replace with more accurate version and change the position icon to somthing less clunky.

If you can make a nice map with markers and stuff it would be cool.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 10, 2011, 02:13:29 pm »

Its more a merge of the ingame and the bigger map in above post but with the island correctly positioned according to the ingame map. Have suspicion the ingame is few pixels out, but should be able to correct for this. Markers will be shown.

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 10, 2011, 02:44:57 pm »

Sadly I will be unable to log on today. What we need is bronze or iron gear however their is a catch22 the only souce of tin or iron is on the north inland and to survive up there you need .....bronze or iron. With that being said nodes change so if we get luck maybe we can find a souce of tin or iron on the starter inland. Tin could be in the troll mines but if we do them we need the whole guild(almost) to help clear the trolls out.

Greyejoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 10, 2011, 03:53:22 pm »

I'm downloading this now, and will probably launch up either tonight or tomorrow afternoon.
If you had necromancy powers, this would be a pretty solid way to prank people.
A creepy old man runs up to you and suddenly the skin in your backpack tries to kill you? High Octane Nightmare Fuel much.

Maric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 10, 2011, 03:54:42 pm »

I'm joining. This looks interesting. Ill PM someone once I am on.

EDIT> Update is at 70%, takes forever to update.

EDIT>> done UPDATING I am playing as Maric.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 05:07:52 pm by Maric »

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 10, 2011, 05:30:18 pm »

So hey, I had around 1k on my Crafter [Architect] and Glowcat gave me around 4k for the Architect Goal these days.
I put it to use today, and managed to get around 300+ EXP for architecture, which will take me to skill level 25 (takes long time to make deeds + ~18 XP/deed + High cost per deed)
Anyone that's storing money, give it to Glowcat so he can transfer it to me (I think he's the most active leader these days), otherwise it'll take a looong time before I can make Watch Tower deeds and etc.

I've saved up something like 10k gold for your training. We should also have way over the boat requirement in wood, linen, and probably nails too.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 10, 2011, 05:30:20 pm »

I want to play this but it lags like hell even on the lowest graphical settings. Is there any way to make it lag less?
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 10, 2011, 07:05:22 pm »

Hey, are we back in Serious Business again? I had a decent character or two going, but stopped playing because nobody else was online...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 10, 2011, 07:16:15 pm »

I'd be on but packing for trip tomorrow so I'm not able to play until the 15th.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27