Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: Dawntide [Open Beta - Sandbox MMO] - Duthnuronol Dwarves Faction  (Read 30933 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Dawntide [Open Beta - Sandbox MMO] - Duthnuronol Dwarves Faction
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2011, 07:31:47 pm »

Man I downloaded it, installed it and updated it, and then it tells me I can't run it...
*poker face*

Can't run it? Why, your hardware can't handle, or is it some weird error message?
Try contacting the devs or posting on their forums.
Shader 3.0 :I

Ouch. Making that a requirement for a MMO is weird, I didn't know that. Sorry  :-\
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 07:45:48 pm »

So how bad is the Pliny because we should be pirates  :)
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2011, 07:55:19 pm »

I think only Vynn and Cevanti are implemented for now, since it's the only 2 races that appear on character creation.  :-[

Me and Light, we are Vynns
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Cyahnidde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2011, 08:57:05 pm »

I heard about this I think the first week that the beta was out. And since then, every time i try to run the updater/patcher, it can't connect and tells me to restart my PC, which I did like 5 times and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2011, 09:45:55 pm »

That's weird. Did you download the current updater from the site and it still do that?
Maybe you need to update directx or some other technology the game uses. But I know nothing about technical stuff from the game.

Cyahnidde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2011, 09:50:10 pm »

That's weird. Did you download the current updater from the site and it still do that?
Maybe you need to update directx or some other technology the game uses. But I know nothing about technical stuff from the game.

Yes, i'm using the current version. I have things like DirectX,the OpenAL that is uses, etc, updated, my firewall is off, same with my antivirus.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2011, 10:01:34 pm »

joining this game. Was interesting in armour or weapon smith but need lot of skills for it. Will see what I become.
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2011, 10:13:26 pm »

See the lumberjack exp bar there? It's not a 'level up bar'.
When you use the skill, you fill that bar depending on the difficulty of what you do/craft.
Your skills slowly progress in 0.1 increments when using them, but that bar keeps filling.
Over time, the exp will be converted into skill gain, so even if you're offline (or using another char) you're levelling up.

The hell? They (sorta) stole my XP system! Oh well.

I was looking at Dawn Tide a while back but kept off since it looked rather unfinished. If there's something actually getting started here I might join in the fun though.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2011, 10:20:28 pm »

Yes, i'm using the current version. I have things like DirectX,the OpenAL that is uses, etc, updated, my firewall is off, same with my antivirus.

Then I have no idea  :( But you should visit their Technical Support Forum for help.

joining this game. Was interesting in armour or weapon smith but need lot of skills for it. Will see what I become.

Sure. You have 5 char slots, so you're free to start as a fighter, and make a crafting alt.
For now I can't properly organize anything because we lack our transport (ships) and a city and warehouse.
But we basicly need resource gathering chars (herbalists, miners, lumberjackers) to get flax, ore and wood, and crafting chars (tailors, toolsmiths, carpenters) to convert those into linen, nails and planks.

With that we can build boats and start searching for a suitable place to build our fortress, and move on to the 'Settling Phase', if I may call it like that...haha

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2011, 10:27:03 pm »

I've been following this for a while (I made the original, vastly outdated thread). I may give it a go again, but it did have some serious issues last time I played it.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 10:30:13 pm by Tilla »

Grantyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2011, 10:31:55 pm »

Ooooh dear. Done downloading! Unfortunately, the requirements are a tad more than my comp can handle, so it'll be a few weeks before I can join in on this.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2011, 10:35:33 pm »

Huhm, seems interesting. What kind of people/skills do you need right now? I usually name a mason in my forts after myself so I could be a mason, or a cerpenter, or whatever you think needs to be done. My only knowledge of this game is... pretty much none. Is anyone on right now?

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2011, 10:40:45 pm »

Huhm, seems interesting. What kind of people/skills do you need right now? I usually name a mason in my forts after myself so I could be a mason, or a cerpenter, or whatever you think needs to be done. My only knowledge of this game is... pretty much none. Is anyone on right now?

We need anyone with any skills they like also I'm on at the moment.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2011, 10:44:06 pm »

I'm in game, trying to rush and train my gathering chars so our faction becomes more than people with newbie gear, ahaha

Masons will be good after we get ships and start settling, but for now we'll need gatherers since we are just starting.
We need wood, ore and flax. Those are to be turned into planks, nails and linen, that are the materials required to build boats.

So you can be a lumberjack + carpenter / herbalist + tailor / miner + toolsmith.
Or you can create separate chars for gathering, and a crafter char, which is what I recommend.
Whatever suits you. (:

I also posted some tips on char creation on past replies.

--
Hey Light, in which char are you on? I'm on Ninna.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 10:46:00 pm by Gabeux »

Light forger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2011, 11:05:49 pm »

Bah, dawntide keeps crashing I'm off for tonight....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27