Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Let's share screenshots and talk about them!  (Read 1834 times)

cobbler

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Let's share screenshots and talk about them!
« on: July 05, 2011, 03:37:40 pm »

Screenshot:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Inside story: A huge cyclops decided to come into my base through an open bridge (I forgot to put traps down, argh) before I was ready for it. It began to slaughter all of my dogs while all of my civilians were huddled against the corner. I threw all of my military at the cyclops, I dented everything, broke everything, and I even cut off an eyelid o_o, but the cyclops still stood strong. In the midst of the chaos, a Dwarven caravan arrived (Maybe their warriors could help!) and chased the cyclops around the map for about 2 minutes, until the cyclops decided to turn around and rip them apart. It was around here I decided to abandon fort :(
(The trail of blood was the cyclops being chased by the dwarven caravan)
TLDR: Got owned by cyclops

ashein

• Bay Watcher
  • you must construct additional magma pumps!
    • View Profile
Re: Let's share screenshots and talk about them!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 04:31:44 pm »

Well, I have one question that i'm just can't find an answer by myself. Why, oh why did you curved the South wall? :)

Unfortunately my gameplay is just to boring to share :( Nevertheless i'll stick with what I currently have

Here you can track the path of one bleeding Blind Cave Ogre. I didn't know they had THAT much blood to spill. This one was chased by a lone Swordsdwarf with a steel blade, she panicked after one of her legs was cut open. Then another leg. Then something else. In the end a Macedwarf run to the rescue and put the poor creature to rest. I wonder how often other dwarves will decide to clean that mess, seeing how some of them sometimes get cleaning jobs in caverns.

Tlc2011

• Bay Watcher
  • ..No idea what to put here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 10:50:48 pm »

Screenshot:

Inside story: A huge cyclops decided to come into my base through an open bridge (I forgot to put traps down, argh) before I was ready for it. It began to slaughter all of my dogs while all of my civilians were huddled against the corner. I threw all of my military at the cyclops, I dented everything, broke everything, and I even cut off an eyelid o_o, but the cyclops still stood strong. In the midst of the chaos, a Dwarven caravan arrived (Maybe their warriors could help!) and chased the cyclops around the map for about 2 minutes, until the cyclops decided to turn around and rip them apart. It was around here I decided to abandon fort :(
(The trail of blood was the cyclops being chased by the dwarven caravan)
TLDR: Got owned by cyclops
One question: Why the deuce did you leave the bridge down?!

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 01:41:25 am »

So I was about to burn my dyer alive, because he made the worst, most Elven artifact I have ever seen... But then I read ALL of it.

Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 03:54:08 am »

I love that your minotaur is 'The Obscure Mucuses'
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Sandrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 05:31:50 am »

This is what my lawn looked like not too long ago. It's much cleaner and less bloody by now because it rained recently. I am considering turning off weather so the blood will stay. Oh, and the corpses in the hallway have been cleared as well.

edit; Also, the ditch next to the right most fortifications is filled with dogs. And dog blood. And vomit. Because the dogs are constantly fighting and reproducing, which leads to even more fighting.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 05:43:03 am by Sandrew »

Sandrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 05:34:03 am »

« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 05:43:32 am by Sandrew »

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 05:42:04 am »

Well my screenshot is similar to Sandrew's

Note the cheerleader of a ghost of some random thresher who's just chillin' in the wall top left. I think I managed to come out of this siege with only some minor injuries.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 06:04:07 am »

This is what my lawn looked like not too long ago. It's much cleaner and less bloody by now because it rained recently. I am considering turning off weather so the blood will stay.

I don't recommend it.

Not visible: Some squares have five to ten pages of blood.

It got even worse than that. Then eventually that fort was abandoned due to a bloody siege combined with horrible FPS.
Mercifully, most of the red on the right side is just soil.

This was early .31 though, so I don't know if blood still behaves that way in dry biomes.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 06:07:27 am by Lightning4 »

Boogeyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 06:20:39 am »

Welcome.

Overview.

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 07:38:52 am »

So I was about to burn my dyer alive, because he made the worst, most Elven artifact I have ever seen... But then I read ALL of it.

"I'm really not an elf, not at all! I fell into the dwarven ale as a child, see, thats why I'm so big! And my lifework, this willow trumpet, you see there the small image of an elf being killed? I wasn't born in a forest retreat and exiled for trampling a plant forcing me to infiltrate dwarven society, I'm a normal migrant form the mountainhomes. See? A dwarf."
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 07:51:57 am »

Well my screenshot is similar to Sandrew's

Note the cheerleader of a ghost of some random thresher who's just chillin' in the wall top left. I think I managed to come out of this siege with only some minor injuries.

That's pretty much how my military handles the enemy, except replacing the goblins with some badass, modded creatures.

cobbler

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 07:58:13 am »

One question: Why the deuce did you leave the bridge down?!

2 or 3 of my best dwarves were outside, and I was really hoping they could run inside before the cyclops came to my fort..

Boogeyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 09:04:16 am »

A rotten giant rat emitting miasma... And too fast for my militia.

cobbler

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 10:25:56 am »

A rotten giant rat emitting miasma... And too fast for my militia.

That was what my cyclops looked liked as well, but he could still destroy anything in his path no problem :(
Pages: [1] 2