Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: The Wheel of Time (Closed)  (Read 14031 times)

squishynoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Wheel of Time (Closed)
« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2011, 05:06:26 pm »

Alright, I'll go with the spyglass then.

(if there are the first steam machines - I remember one - there should also be spyglasses... right?)

Just to know, where did you get the info on how Warders' cloaks are made? Is it in one of the last books, or I just missed it?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 05:13:09 pm by squishynoob »

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2011, 05:18:59 pm »

One of the later books by Brian Sanderson.

squishynoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 06, 2011, 05:21:26 pm »

Yeah, at least I didn't miss it. I've yet to read the 12th and on.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2011, 06:37:31 pm »

The Cloak is fine actually, he never implied it was a Warders Cloak. It could just be an old hunter's cloak.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 06, 2011, 09:13:54 pm »

Okay, we'll be starting soon with or without Neyvn. He can join in when he gets his app fixed and his equipment list up. Expect the intro soonish.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2011, 09:20:09 pm »

Gai'shain do have a voice - and as for "He was in love with her", big whoop. To an Aiel, duty, honor, and obligation are the most important things in their lives, because everything else is impermanent.

As for "too late to turn around", regardless of his toh to her, he would have left rather than sully himself by mingling with Tuatha'an.
Gai’shain must complete any task given to them humbly and obediently, without complaint. They must also refrain from any violence, and touch no weapons. They wear white robes, so that they are clearly discernible to those around them. Since being meek is not an Aiel trait, and the idea of serving others is laughed at, having to perform both is the acceptable way for an Aiel to regain his or her honour (TSR, Ch. 23; TFoH, Ch. 46). Gai'shain wear only white and when taken, will go naked until white clothes are found for them (ACoS, Ch. 1).

Gai’shain normally do not run away, as this increases the amount of ji lost, and their time as gai’shain must begin anew. It has been said that if this occurs, first-siblings have also been known to offer themselves as gai’shain, to try to restore the amount of ji lost by the sept, sometimes more than one, if the loss of ji is felt great enough. Wise Ones, blacksmiths, children under the age of fifteen, mothers who have children under the age of ten and pregnant women are exempt from being made gai’shain (TSR, Ch. 23).

I really don't care anymore but the fact that you have all just gone with the "Its Not cannon cause I say so" lines, I mean really, someone has even said that they wouldn't believe an Aiel would travel with Tinkers cause its just silly. Heck no one ever back up their words with actual proof...

I wrote that story based on three things.
1: A Gai'shain can not go back against an order by the one who he owes toh to. Even if he was ordered to march naked through a battlefield he would, as the Gai'shain do not even defend themselves.(Over exaggeration but still)
2: While it is said that the Aiel can't bring themselves to interact with the Tuatha'an, a woman who has fallen in love would ignore that as people do strange things when they are in love, Aiel men let themselves be taken as Gai'shain.
3: The reason he would not be recognized as an Aiel in the Wetlands is because of the clothing he wears. The bright colours would scream Tuatha'an.

Anyway, I will look into making a new character then after work tonight, if by this time tomorrow that I don't have a new character, move on without me...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2011, 09:22:09 pm »

Neyvn, you can join in tommorow. I just really want to start already.
Welcome to Reality.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2011, 02:16:53 am »

Gai'shain do have a voice - and as for "He was in love with her", big whoop. To an Aiel, duty, honor, and obligation are the most important things in their lives, because everything else is impermanent.

As for "too late to turn around", regardless of his toh to her, he would have left rather than sully himself by mingling with Tuatha'an.
Gai’shain must complete any task given to them humbly and obediently, without complaint. They must also refrain from any violence, and touch no weapons. They wear white robes, so that they are clearly discernible to those around them. Since being meek is not an Aiel trait, and the idea of serving others is laughed at, having to perform both is the acceptable way for an Aiel to regain his or her honour (TSR, Ch. 23; TFoH, Ch. 46). Gai'shain wear only white and when taken, will go naked until white clothes are found for them (ACoS, Ch. 1).

Gai’shain normally do not run away, as this increases the amount of ji lost, and their time as gai’shain must begin anew. It has been said that if this occurs, first-siblings have also been known to offer themselves as gai’shain, to try to restore the amount of ji lost by the sept, sometimes more than one, if the loss of ji is felt great enough. Wise Ones, blacksmiths, children under the age of fifteen, mothers who have children under the age of ten and pregnant women are exempt from being made gai’shain (TSR, Ch. 23).

Unless he was ordered to follow, he would not have to follow her. Being meek and compliant != not being allowed to talk or act in the best interest of the one he holds toh to. As for running away, I'm certain that any sane Aiel would count "following the one I have toh to into a Tuatha'an camp" as running away. The gai'shain primarily serve the one that they have toh to, but they also serve the sept as a whole.

squishynoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2011, 05:32:44 am »

The Cloak is fine actually, he never implied it was a Warders Cloak. It could just be an old hunter's cloak.
Actually I kind of did, although a broken low quality one :P - didn't really know all the story behind them - Age of legends fabric and them being wear-proof.
In any case, A spyglass or ordinary cloak. Your choice.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2011, 04:05:53 pm »

Actually I kind of did, although a broken low quality one :P - didn't really know all the story behind them - Age of legends fabric and them being wear-proof.
In any case, A spyglass or ordinary cloak. Your choice.
Lets go with an ordinary cloak, since a spyglass would be insanely expensive.

Also sorry I didn't write the intro, I fell asleep before I could finish :/
Welcome to Reality.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2011, 08:43:52 pm »

The cold atmosphere of Caemlyn overwhelms you as you enter the city. The streets are packed with travelers and refugee's. After searching for hours for an availabe inn inside the city your searches provide to be fruitless. Not wanting to have to sleep on the streets. You search for an inn outside of Caemyln and your searches provide fruitless, that is until you find the Shimmering Steed. It is a plain inn that seems to have the least amount of customers at the time, but that still isn't saying much. The innkeeper seems reluctant to offer up any rooms, so for now your just going to have to wait for any rooms to open up.
     The mood at the inn seems boisterous, almost festive. There is plenty to drink, and where there is ale and a lighthearted crowd, music, laughter, and games of chance quickly spring up. So many are crammed into the Shimmering Steed that the common room cannot contain all the guests, and tables have been set up in the stableyard to accommodate the overflow. There several open fires have been lit, to hold the wintery chill at bay and grant a cheery atmosphere. A fiddler plays as guests chatter and toss dice.
    The crowd is mixed, a few wear the red of Queen Morgase's supporters, a few wear white in opposition, but mos don't openly display any affiliation. Those who have chosen sides avoid the company of their rivals, gathering in clusters at the opposite ends of the stableyard. The Inkeeper has forbidden any open strife on his property, and his men seem to have the muscle to make the order stick. So far, the antagonists have been content to shoot the occasional hostile glare across the yard at one another, avoiding more serious confrontations.
   Strangers all in a strange  city, you had found yourself engaged in light conversation with four other travelers.

(Feel free to introduce yourselves to the other characters, you can do anything reasonable here. Gamble, make friends, whatever. Just try not to start any fights while your in here.)
Welcome to Reality.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2011, 10:01:25 pm »

Ladwian sighed, music here as well. The influx of people had been good for business while he'd been able to get work, but today just didn't seem to be shaping up to much. Too many more experienced tale spinners had also come for a look at Taim. Well at least the innkeeper hadn't laughed in his face when he'd asked for a room, that was a pleasant change from the city inns.

Gleeman Diin, known as the "Awful Din" in some of the rougher places in Caemlyn, approached the innkeeper with the cocksure smile he used to conduct business. Same drill he'd done a thousand times before, he'd sing and play every tale and song he knew for a room, a couple coin, and whatever food and drink could be made spare.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 07, 2011, 11:12:02 pm »

Karn sat in a corner with the group that opposed the Queen drinking from his half full mug he thought about where, adn how to get supplies for smithing.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2011, 12:15:01 am »

Ladwian sighed, music here as well. The influx of people had been good for business while he'd been able to get work, but today just didn't seem to be shaping up to much. Too many more experienced tale spinners had also come for a look at Taim. Well at least the innkeeper hadn't laughed in his face when he'd asked for a room, that was a pleasant change from the city inns.

Gleeman Diin, known as the "Awful Din" in some of the rougher places in Caemlyn, approached the innkeeper with the cocksure smile he used to conduct business. Same drill he'd done a thousand times before, he'd sing and play every tale and song he knew for a room, a couple coin, and whatever food and drink could be made spare.
The innkeeper looks you up and down, "Its good to see a gleeman here, the crowd will enjoy something different than the same tune we play everyday. I'll give you a room in basement, and a meal tonight and in the morning.", he then calls back the fiddler and directs you outside where most of the customers are.

Karn sat in a corner with the group that opposed the Queen drinking from his half full mug he thought about where, adn how to get supplies for smithing.
You take a seat next to the group wearing white armbands, they look at you warily and then continue to talk. Your mind wanders a bit and you begin to wonder where you could possibly get smithing supplies, you doubt you could get any. Even if you could it would be extremely expensive due to the fact most merchants are trying to take advantage of the recent influx of travelers.

((Remember simple things like talking are considered Free Actions, and i'll reply back to them whenever I get the chance.))
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2011, 12:20:16 am »

Talk with the people here, adn try to get them to trust me, conversate, drink, have fun anthing it takes to get them to trust me.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9