Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: The Wheel of Time (Closed)  (Read 14060 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: The Wheel of Time (Closed)
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2011, 10:38:11 pm »

Well you wanted great significance, the most significant item a borderlander owns is his sword, especially a Malkieri who is searching for his heritage? I'll change it if you want but...
Good point, go ahead :P
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

da dwarf lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2011, 10:39:50 pm »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2011, 12:30:07 am »

Well, im still waiting on three other people. So probally tommorow.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2011, 01:15:39 am »

Oh right, Special item.

Steel Ear Ring - With the first money he made Bounty Hunting, he bought this ring. It's not much, but to him, it's a symbol of his freedom, and a symbol of how one can rise above.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

squishynoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2011, 04:41:46 am »

Dagger (2x) - 10 mk
Shortsword- 15 mk
Heavy Mace- 15 mk
Thieves' tools- 30 mk
Travelers outfit- 1 mk
Crowbar- 5 mk
=====
Should make 76 coins

Special: Worn camouflaging cloak (stolen some years ago). Normally stashed in the backpack not to draw attention.

Alternate special (if the cloak is too much): A spyglass, bartered for in his youth with an "adventure" buddy in his gang.

Alternate special 2 (if the spyglass is out of tech / too expensive): A simple camouflaging cloak. Not like the warders', just a cheap knock-off.

(Hopefully the timezones won't be too troublesome)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 05:18:54 pm by squishynoob »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2011, 04:50:16 am »

It may be a problem, but im sure we can get around it. Also remember, you can have one special item that means something to your character. Try not to make it any kind of weapon or armor.
Welcome to Reality.

squishynoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2011, 04:54:27 am »

Alright, I added it. Hope it's ok.

(I also made a little edit to the other stuff)

(How much effective and how much "worn" it is, is at your discretion, considering it's game start)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 04:58:16 am by squishynoob »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2011, 06:43:52 am »

I suppose it was, I just thought someone would argue if Aiel wasn't a choice. Neyvn re-do your app please.
Why??? I will if I have to but still???

Also as my Rebuttal...

For nearly Aiel it would be unthinkable but this was a Woman in love. Do you think anything would have stopped her, look at all of the Aiel women you meet in the Books. Heck look at every woman, Wet or Aiel, they all do weird unlike themselves things for love. It was one of the Books strong image for the women. They never followed what was told they must do.

He appears to be a Tinker, he is simply hiding in plain sight. Besides, last I checked the Aiel could hide even in the most unlikely spots and areas, even grass that rose to the height of the ankle could hide an army if they wished...

A Gai'Shien has no voice, for starters, he would not be able to inform a Wise One anything.

He would have traveled with her until she joined but by then it would have been too late for him to turn back, he main goal would have been to try and convince her to turn around.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2011, 04:08:15 pm »

Dagger - 5 mk
Shortsword- 15 mk
Heavy Mace- 15 mk
Thieves' tools- 30 mk
Travelers outfit- 1 mk
Crowbar- 5 mk
Backpack - 5 mk
=====
Should make 76 coins

Special: Worn camouflaging cloak (stolen some years ago). Normally stashed in the backpack not to draw attention.

(Hopefully the timezones won't be too troublesome)

There's no way in hell you have a Warder's cloak.

I suppose it was, I just thought someone would argue if Aiel wasn't a choice. Neyvn re-do your app please.
Why??? I will if I have to but still???

Also as my Rebuttal...

For nearly Aiel it would be unthinkable but this was a Woman in love. Do you think anything would have stopped her, look at all of the Aiel women you meet in the Books. Heck look at every woman, Wet or Aiel, they all do weird unlike themselves things for love. It was one of the Books strong image for the women. They never followed what was told they must do.

He appears to be a Tinker, he is simply hiding in plain sight. Besides, last I checked the Aiel could hide even in the most unlikely spots and areas, even grass that rose to the height of the ankle could hide an army if they wished...

A Gai'Shien has no voice, for starters, he would not be able to inform a Wise One anything.

He would have traveled with her until she joined but by then it would have been too late for him to turn back, he main goal would have been to try and convince her to turn around.

Gai'shain do have a voice - and as for "He was in love with her", big whoop. To an Aiel, duty, honor, and obligation are the most important things in their lives, because everything else is impermanent.

As for "too late to turn around", regardless of his toh to her, he would have left rather than sully himself by mingling with Tuatha'an.

squishynoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2011, 04:32:31 pm »

Even an old, worn, one that was thrown away?
I'm not implying that I stole it directly from a Warder - I know that doing that would be really difficult and dangerous especially for a "level 1" character.

I was thinking, from a caravan or a refuse stockpile - probably the latter. IIRC the books (at least, until the 11th) never made it clear who makes the cloaks, if they damage over time, and how eventually they're disposed of. I'll see what the GM has to say on that (and prepare a backup :P)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 04:39:25 pm by squishynoob »

da dwarf lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2011, 04:51:26 pm »

While I agree definitely no warders cloak, whose to say its not just a plain old camo cloak like hunters use?

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2011, 04:53:29 pm »

Even an old, worn, one that was thrown away?
I'm not implying that I stole it directly from a Warder - I know that doing that would be really difficult and dangerous especially for a "level 1" character.

I was thinking, from a caravan or a refuse stockpile - probably the latter. IIRC the books (at least, until the 11th) never made it clear who makes the cloaks, if they damage over time, and how eventually they're disposed of. I'll see what the GM has to say on that (and prepare a backup :P)

The cloaks are made in the White Tower by a ter'angreal that requires the user to be able to wield the One Power. The fabric they are made of comes form the Age of Legends, and does not wear out like most fabrics.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2011, 04:55:45 pm »

This could be a crappy knock off.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2011, 04:56:21 pm »

Then it wouldn't work like a Warder cloak.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2011, 04:58:02 pm »

It just says camoflauging a Warder Clock makes the wearer invisible while this just makes him blend in right ?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9