Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: The Wheel of Time (Closed)  (Read 14046 times)

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: The Wheel of Time (Closed)
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2011, 09:24:58 pm »

Interesting to see how a Treekiller gleeman is viewed by the Aiel...
Perhaps I should change the Profession, seems everyone isn't reading the full Bio properly...
My character is Aiel, was taken Gai'shain by a Woman he was in love with, she ran away to join a Tuatha'an Troop, he followed due to his toh for her. They thought he was now one of them, he was just finishing his Year and Day. He never became Tuatha'an but because he now appears like one to the Wetlanders, he would be considered a Tinker until they see his spear...

EDIT:: There changed it...

You do realize that to an Aiel, becoming Tuatha'an is unthinkable? If this is set during the first or second book, you would be hard pressed to find ANY Aiel west of the Spine of the World. The Aiel don't really come into the picture until Rand assaults the Stone of Tear. Before that, you would be one of those who is seeking the Car'a'carn. Your main goals would be to not be seen by any wetlanders and to find He Who Comes With The Dawn. Any wetlanders who DID see you would likely be killed - by you. The Aiel are the epitome of ruthless and pragmatic survivalists.

Furthermore, I sincerely doubt any Aiel, even one who is gai'shain, would follow someone he has toh to into a Tuatha'an camp. More likely, he would regard it as his duty to tell a Wise One of what the holder on his toh is planning.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2011, 09:25:53 pm »

Perhaps I should change the Profession, seems everyone isn't reading the full Bio properly...
My character is Aiel, was taken Gai'shain by a Woman he was in love with, she ran away to join a Tuatha'an Troop, he followed due to his toh for her. They thought he was now one of them, he was just finishing his Year and Day. He never became Tuatha'an but because he now appears like one to the Wetlanders, he would be considered a Tinker until they see his spear...

You do realize that to an Aiel, becoming Tuatha'an is unthinkable? If this is set during the first or second book, you would be hard pressed to find ANY Aiel west of the Spine of the World. The Aiel don't really come into the picture until Rand assaults the Stone of Tear. Before that, you would be one of those who is seeking the Car'a'carn. Your main goals would be to not be seen by any wetlanders and to find He Who Comes With The Dawn. Any wetlanders who DID see you would likely be killed - by you. The Aiel are the epitome of ruthless and pragmatic survivalists.

Furthermore, I sincerely doubt any Aiel, even one who is gai'shain, would follow someone he has toh to into a Tuatha'an camp. More likely, he would regard it as his duty to tell a Wise One of what the holder on his toh is planning.
This was my point.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2011, 09:29:04 pm »

This was my point.

Stop interfering with canon defilement, I'm planning to strap magnets to Robert Jordan's head and wrap his coffin in copper to power my house with the energy generated when his body starts spinning in his grave like a cat in the dryer.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2011, 09:32:52 pm »

Stop interfering with canon defilement, I'm planning to strap magnets to Robert Jordan's head and wrap his coffin in copper to power my house with the energy generated when his body starts spinning in his grave like a cat in the dryer.

No, I won't stop interfering with the defilement of canon. Defiling the Wheel of Time is not acceptable.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2011, 09:34:10 pm »

No, I won't stop interfering with the defilement of canon. Defiling the Wheel of Time is not acceptable.
The Wheel of Time is one of the best fantasy books with the least bit of canon defilement, we must keep it that way!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2011, 09:41:36 pm »

He got hit on the head and merely thinks he's an Aiel?

GM's choice, as long as Nev can manage to play that Aiel straight (Hellishly difficult) I've got only a few problems, and those can be ignored until he dies in hopeless battle.

(Perhaps putting Aiel as an available background in the beginning was an odd choice.)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2011, 09:42:45 pm »

I suppose it was, I just thought someone would argue if Aiel wasn't a choice. Neyvn re-do your app please.
Welcome to Reality.

da dwarf lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2011, 10:21:35 pm »

Equipment-
Bastard Sword (Longsword) 30mks
Small Steel Shield 20mks
Travelers outfit 1mks
Backpack 5mks
Lantern 7mks
Fishing net 10mks

7mks left

Special item - Father's Armour (Half Plate) - hereditary armour of his family, Kain only started wearing it when he turned back to his heritage.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2011, 10:22:40 pm »

Okay I change my mind, for the special item NO WEAPONS OR ARMOR. I hate giving away free useful stuff :P
Welcome to Reality.

da dwarf lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2011, 10:26:14 pm »

I didn't want to use it for armour but there is no heavy armour available to buy

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2011, 10:27:46 pm »

I didn't want to use it for armour but there is no heavy armour available to buy
Thats because its expensive and your all starting adventureres.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2011, 10:31:17 pm »

I forgot my special item.

Family Ring (Heirloom has a flaming star as the symbol)

da dwarf lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2011, 10:32:04 pm »

What if I make the special item my sword but still pay for it?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2011, 10:32:41 pm »

What if I make the special item my sword but still pay for it?
Guess that counts, but i'd really prefer if it was a misc item. But whatever.
Welcome to Reality.

da dwarf lord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2011, 10:36:41 pm »

Well you wanted great significance, the most significant item a borderlander owns is his sword, especially a Malkieri who is searching for his heritage? I'll change it if you want but...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9