Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: The Wheel of Time (Closed)  (Read 14029 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
The Wheel of Time (Closed)
« on: July 04, 2011, 11:31:47 pm »

Welcome to the Wheel of Time forum game, based on the popular Fantasy Series the Wheel of Time. This is intended for people who atleast know the basics of the book, but for anyone who doesn't just PM me and i'll give you a general rundown of the series.

Setting
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dice System

Backgrounds

Skills

Combat

Character Creation

Also, im not going to be including any characters that use the True Power a.k.a. magic. Also no evil characters.

Players
1. Talarion, reserved.
2. Draignean, reserved.
3. Adwarf, reserved.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 07:41:49 pm by Bdthemag »
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Wheel of Time
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 11:36:31 pm »

Name: Karn Kingsley
Profession: Blacksmith
Physical Appearance: 6 Ft 3 In, 140 Lbs, Silver Hair, Silver Eyes
Bio: Karn became a Blacksmith's apprentice at a very young age, so that he could help support his family whose trading buisness was rapidly declining, so at the age of seven he became the apprentice to a local blacksmith, and he trained there for almost thirteen years, and when he heard of the news about Caemyln he decided to go their in the off-chance that he could make a living with the vast number of people coming into the city.
Background: Illianer
Skills:
Smithing - 4
Blacksmith (Profession) - 3
Hammer Use - 2
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 07:47:43 pm by adwarf »

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 12:14:39 am »

Name: Karn al'Thor
Profession: Mercenary
Physical Appearance: 6 Ft 3 In, 140 Lbs, Silver Hair, Silver Eyes, Slash scar across fron starting from right shoulder, and ending at left hip.
Bio: Karn grew up in Fal Dara, but he has no idea where he was born, because after he was born his mother abandoned him in a field just outside the city, and he was left alone, and nealy killed by a Fade, but a passing patrol hearing the child's cries came, and saved him. For the rest of his childhood he grew up in a small orphanage in the city, and when he came of age Karn left to become a warrior, and protect the city, but when he signed up to be a guardsman he was denied it due to something he had done a little over a year before, so angry, and annoyed Karn left the city at, and began heading for the coast to pick up work as a ship guard, but not long after leaving the city he was attacked by a group of Fade, and he managed to kill two of them, but one managed to slash him across the chest, leaving his notable scar he now wears, and just as he began to feint from the blood loss he saw several men come dashing over, and begin attacking the beasts. When he awoke he found himself in a mercenary camp, and that he had been saved by the mercs here from that day forward he decided to join the group, and thus thats how he ended up here.
Background: Borderlander
Skills:
Longsword - 4
Medium Armor - 4
Search - 2
No last names involved with the main characters, and your character seems Mary Sue'ish, have you ever by chance thought of playing something other than a badass warrior or assassin?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 12:44:11 am »

Well I didn't think that their were any magic skills so I didn't make a magic character which Is what I want to play (Yes he is male oddly enough)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 12:46:04 am »

Well I didn't think that their were any magic skills so I didn't make a magic character which Is what I want to play (Yes he is male oddly enough)
This is set in the first to second book, no male magic users. And when I say something that isn't warrior or assassin, I didn't mean magic. You do know you can play roles that aren't suppose to be super badass right?
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 12:47:48 am »

This is set in the first to second book, no male magic users. And when I say something that isn't warrior or assassin, I didn't mean magic. You do know you can play roles that aren't suppose to be super badass right?
Yep, but I like warrior characters I could try playing the thief, or archer character

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 12:50:30 am »

Yep, but I like warrior characters I could try playing the thief, or archer character
I actually don't mind what kind of character you play, you just tend to make your backstories pretty mary sue'ish. Your character doesn't have to be a special little snowflake.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 12:51:31 am »

I know I get carried away when I write them, and then forget exactly why I wrote them in the first place.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 12:51:51 am »

Can I have a reserve as I read over everything please???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 12:55:07 am »

Sure thing :D
Welcome to Reality.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 01:02:45 am »

You are aware that hay-brained farmboy, grizzled old craftsman, young gleeman, apprentice illuminater (though maybe not considering our start), street waif, etc are all viable options? 

This isn't DnD's Fighter, Ranger, Wizard... rigid class system, this is infinitely more flexible.

Myself I'm caught between struggling young gleeman and an Apprentice carpenter, or perhaps some third unthinkable option.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 01:05:22 am »

What Draignean said, in the Wheel of Time series a Blacksmith, Farmboy, and a Gambler all become heroes of legend. You will most likely be starting from simple roots, so if your looking for a game where you'll be extremely powerful and badass don't play this one.

And Draignean if you pick Gleeman I will love you forever.
Welcome to Reality.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 01:14:08 am »

Name: Justarr Kutaryn
Profession: Bounty Hunter
Physical Appearance: Justarr has short black hair, and a spare black patch of hair on his chin, with piercing black eyes. He is roughly 5'10, and has pale skin, along with a lean build.
Bio: (Not sure what to do with this.)
Background: Tairen.
Skills: Ranged Weapon: Longbow (3) [2+1]
          Search (2) 2 points, it takes 1 skill point to level up a rank. You can only put a maximum of 4 points in a rank.
          Sense Motive (3) [2+1]
          Stealth (1)
          Lock Picking (1)

How is this?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 01:15:11 am »

I am fixing my character sheet now give me as sec.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2011, 01:15:34 am »

Talarion your's is good, and Bio is suppose to be a biography of your character silly :P
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9