Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: how was your 4th of july?  (Read 2146 times)

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: how was your 4th of july?
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2011, 11:24:23 am »

I'm British, from 1st - 4th I was watching American Civil War documentaries, 1-3rd was Gettysburg and the 4th being the turning point of the Civil War.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2011, 12:31:54 pm »

No fireworks. I haven't really cared about them since I was 12 haha. Got pleasantly drunk on coconut rum and watched Rubber on Netflix with my roommates. Why? No reason. Then I drunk-coded for about two hours. Was surprisingly productive.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2011, 02:22:03 pm »

Had a big party, people got drunk when they weren't supposed to, got pissed and kicked everyone out. Let a few really good friends stay. Got drunk, floated around the lake on rafts, had Roman candle fights. Around midnight we started launching Nuclear Warheads (think of three M-80's on a stick, with approximately ten bottle rockets providing lift). This was really fun until we hit the power box for my house, and the boom actually knocked it off base, took out a wire, and cut off electricity to my house.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2011, 02:22:55 pm »

Had a big party, people got drunk when they weren't supposed to, got pissed and kicked everyone out. Let a few really good friends stay. Got drunk, floated around the lake on rafts, had Roman candle fights. Around midnight we started launching Nuclear Warheads (think of three M-80's on a stick, with approximately ten bottle rockets providing lift). This was really fun until we hit the power box for my house, and the boom actually knocked it off base, took out a wire, and cut off electricity to my house.

Lol I'd hate to be your parent.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2011, 02:24:15 pm »

But Deadmeat, think back to that one party... you are my parent.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2011, 02:25:18 pm »

Around midnight we started launching Nuclear Warheads (think of three M-80's on a stick, with approximately ten bottle rockets providing lift).
I'm fairly certain something like that should probably count as military-grade ordinance.

But Deadmeat, think back to that one party... you are my parent.
Directed by M. Night Shymalan.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2011, 02:30:48 pm »

Wait what.....

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2011, 03:41:31 pm »

Went to the local theme park, rode a coaster to wake up, had the kids go around carosels and rocket ship rides for a while, rode the Scrambler and the elevated swings, ate a turkey leg (almost our national bird!), nearly had my wife out-shoot me on the shooting gallery ride, went to the water park, went down every slide my 2-year old girl could, cruised around on the lazy river, decided the kids were too little for the giant jungle gym, headed back into the dry park, rode the 1/4th scale train through Mother Goose Land, hit the little jungle gym, rode the jeeps, pushed my son in a stroller through a fountain, got yelled at by the wife, went home, had a rum and 7-up with the wife on the back porch watching the town's fireworks, and enjoyed our 3rd anniversary of getting engaged.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2011, 05:47:48 pm »

Wait, you proposed on Independance Day? That makes... so much, and yet so little sense.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 05:50:40 pm by Jackrabbit »

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2011, 05:53:37 pm »

Wait, you proposed on Independance Day? That makes... so much, and yet so little sense.

I'm gonna propose on the anniversary of WW2 beginning. I see it as a prognosis of the future relationship.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2011, 06:34:08 pm »

I'm gonna propose on the anniversary of WW2 beginning. I see it as a prognosis of the future relationship.
I can only imagine how many pothead couples there are that unintentionally proposed on Hitler's birthday.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2011, 06:56:19 pm »

Shitty, partly because my work schedule got fucked up and I got chewed out for missing a day, and partly because I'm too poor at the moment to buy explosive joy, and partly because some idiot neighbor of mine was shooting off some of those big-ass mortar shell fireworks, about half of which were defective and exploded fifteen feet above the ground, essentially giving us all repeated tastes of what it would be like if hail burned.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2011, 07:19:17 pm »

Lets see...

I got up and did some cleaning. Then I called my mother who was recovering from surgery to check up on her. Then I cooked all the meat for the family dinner on the grill. Then I got in a conversation on the diminishing quality of games with my cousin. I showed my cousin Duke Nukem Forever and talked more about games (mostly Duke Nukem 3d). My younger cousin then informs me that my grandmother has been talking bad about me behind my back. I bottle up my rage for later. I got stuck while playing insane on DNF and decide to do something else. I watched Dead Alive with my father and then I went to sleep.

In summary: It went ok.
My personality profile.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2011, 10:14:58 pm »

Free fireworks show every year, always remember the day, big family get-togethers have more meaning now, ect.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2011, 06:59:37 am »

Free fireworks show every year, always remember the day, big family get-togethers have more meaning now, ect.

That's actually really really smart . . .
Strife jots a note down somewhere
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4