Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: how was your 4th of july?  (Read 2142 times)

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
Re: how was your 4th of july?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2011, 02:06:49 am »

My dog somehow got out without either my mother or I noticing him and now we have absolutely no idea where he is.

I'm not very happy right now. Wish us luck in finding him tomorrow.

EDIT: We found him.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 03:35:21 pm by Fanofgaming »
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 02:12:05 am »

I had a pretty normal day, didn't do much. Many things are pretty hard since I have crutches.

The fireworks weren't too loud, but Jesus the music they played before the show was so loud I swear you could stand halfway across the city and still hear it.
My dog somehow got out without either my mother or I noticing him and now we have absolutely no idea where he is.

I'm not very happy right now. Wish us luck in finding him tomorrow.
Oh man, I've had that happen several times. Good luck.

In other news, I get a boot instead of a cast next week. I wonder if people will call me Robocop like they did my mom when she had one for 9 months.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2011, 04:49:05 am »

Wrung my evil British hands as I thought of all that potential opression lost forever. Had a cup of tea and cakled as I sat atop my
giant George III robot walker. Did not brush my teeth because apparently we have terrible teeth (presumably a side-effect of our evil state
healthcare.)

Just kidding, hope you had a nice day (you perdiferous yanks you.)
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2011, 05:59:52 am »

I explained to my brother that it was not, in fact, our holiday to celebrate, thanks very much Hollywood.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2011, 06:05:23 am »

I explained to my brother that it was not, in fact, our holiday to celebrate, thanks very much Hollywood.
You had an excuse to set off fireworks because of another country, and you let it slip away? You don't get an excuse to set off fireworks every day.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2011, 06:30:48 am »

This is Australia.

Yes, we do.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2011, 06:43:46 am »

Mine wasn't quite as "celebratory", since I had to go to work, and I'm still conflicted over my new hair.  My coworkers did not ease that conflict.  Did get free bananas and Gatorade though.  Night took a turn for the very serious when paramedics were called, after a woman smacked her head on a railing when she passed out from the heat.

Much less worryingly, I have discovered that I love corn.  I haven't eaten corn on the cob since I was a kid, and the corn I had the last couple days was superb.

Hey, it's a holiday celebrating when a country kicked the British's asses.  Anglophones the world over are free to join in if they want.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2011, 06:55:47 am »

Except, you know, the ones that are still subjects of the British Crown.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2011, 07:20:24 am »

You know what? Them too. No reason to be making exceptions here and really, the greatest enemy of any country is their own people. The British should be all over this more than we are.

Most of the celebrations for this holiday happened on the 3rd, when we spent the afternoon with relatives and burgers that were disgustingly big. The 4th was spent mostly stressing over packing. Appreciated hearing the occasional pop from outside though.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2011, 07:25:23 am »

Hey, you know, any chance for a day off. We'd celebrate the Family First party taking control of the country through a violent coup if it meant a public holiday.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2011, 07:36:46 am »

This is Australia.

Yes, we do.

I still remember seeing dynamite and blasting caps on the grocery store shelf, next to the beer. It was then that I had the thought, "This is the awesomest country ever. Also, probably the craziest. And deadliest." (Granted, that was in Coober Pedy. Which isn't so much an Australian town as it is a tutorial level for Fallout.)

I showed my American colors by working all damn day, with a brief interlude to have lunch with my family at a nearby taqueria. Then went to bed early without shooting off any fireworks for the first time in years, because we just don't have the money or time and all our friends were either out of town, busy or otherwise unavailable.

So happy birthday America. You're looking kinda saggy and grumpy, but that's to be expected when you're 245.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 08:00:14 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2011, 07:55:02 am »

This is Australia.

Yes, we do.

Mostly self-defense from the dropbears.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2011, 09:06:09 am »

I didn't even realise.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2011, 10:54:09 am »

Went to a shindig and couldn't get my drank on because I had to bike home :(
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2011, 11:07:31 am »

Drank a bottle of sparkling grape juice, listened to people try to kill each other, read about 400 pages of a Game of Thrones (and finished it tonight. Where am I going to find the sequel over here?!)

Called my grandma and wrote her a letter, each of which say roughly the same thing.

Good times.
Even the avatars expire eventually.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4