Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: how was your 4th of july?  (Read 2134 times)

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
how was your 4th of july?
« on: July 04, 2011, 10:38:00 pm »

cause mine got canceled because of a fucking tornado/lightning storm! always on the holidays...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: how was your 4th of july?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 10:41:47 pm »

Kinda lonely. Most of my friends and family wanted to go out but I was feeling anxious and meds weren't helping, so I stayed in. Got to eat some awesome hot dogs and semi-homemade chili though.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 11:12:46 pm »

I finished Higurashi Kai and it feels good.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 11:15:10 pm »

Mine was pretty good. I went to see my first baseball game of the year. Home team lost by a landslide but it was very fun. After that, there were fireworks over the baseball field, and everyone sat on the turf! 4200+ people attended. Only regret is that I didn't do anything with friends, just with family.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 11:20:28 pm »

As mentioned in the happy thread, still going on. I'm posting messages to forums I'm on as I'm standing on a large hill/small mountain watching fireworks going on in 4-5 cities.

Our neighbors are setting off large fireworks and mortars obviously illegal in the state of California. One of them is a cop in the next town over. Appears he's absolutely cool with it as long as no one is stupid. :P

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 11:21:11 pm »

Rather boring overall. My celebrations with family friends on July 3rd, however, were quite nice.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 11:23:18 pm »

I played Pokemon and Mortal Kombat.
That's about it.

Alastar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 12:12:30 am »

I totally forgot that it was the founding day of the Salvation Army AND Gackt's birthday, so I neglected to celebrate. Shame on me, I suppose :(

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 12:15:07 am »

Decent. Grilled hot dogs, drank beer, spent 5 hours throwing 1.5"ers  and ground bloom flowers into a big barrel of water like we do every year. Highlights of the evening were packing hotdogs (and a banana) full of explosives and lighting them, 80 snakes lit off at once, and my friend almost blowing his hand off, but instead flinging 5 fire crackers totally at random in front of him instead. One went off about a foot from my head - I think.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 12:16:12 am »

I didn't do anything, I don't drink beer, don't think firewords are amazing like others, and I don't like big parties. Other than that there was some good show's on TV...
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 12:17:10 am »

Mine was interesting. Got to see some okay fireworks (One was a dud and burnt out nearby. I disarmed it mostly and decided to keep it). Some crappy local bands, and for the first time ever I got to see Janet's younger sister accidentally drink too much and puke. It was fun despite Janet staying home because of worry, though I did have to drive everyone back home since everyone with a licence besides me got drunk off their asses.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 01:42:20 am »

Pretty good.  I had a nice conversation with someone over the net, watched a season of Red Dwarf with my parents (and also shared a quart of kulfi with them), did a lot of German homework, some physical exercise, and finished reading Welcome to the Monkey House.

Oh, and my father recited The Gettysburg Address from memory.  That was sort of surprising.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 01:43:18 am »

Pretty good.  I had a nice conversation with someone over the net, watched a season of Red Dwarf with my parents (and also shared a quart of kulfi with them), did a lot of German homework, some physical exercise, and finished reading Welcome to the Monkey House.

Oh, and my father recited The Gettysburg Address from memory.  That was sort of surprising.
Does your dad happen to wear a large tophat wherever he goes?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 01:50:32 am »

No, but he does have a Master's in labor history and periodically, while completely sober, reminds me to defeat the fascists and the capitalist pigs >_> <_<
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2011, 01:57:24 am »

I spent mine asleep preparing for work but then I'm British and don't celebrate even though ASDA wants me to.

watched a season of Red Dwarf with my parents
Kudos for even knowing about Red Dwarf let alone watching it.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands
Pages: [1] 2 3 4