Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Neverdaunt:8bit - Sandbox MMO  (Read 2441 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Neverdaunt:8bit - Sandbox MMO
« on: July 04, 2011, 02:55:40 pm »

First of all, I know there's already a thread about it but I didn't want to necro it.
There's a small info written by the threads' OP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=42866.0

The game page is http://8bit.neverdaunt.com/game.php , and provides a nice description of the game.
Since I'm interested in sandbox MMOs, I'd like to ask if anyone plays this, or any opinions about it?

I will install it and test it out, but without anyone playing with me I'm sure I'll leave it quickly.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Neverdaunt:8bit - Sandbox MMO
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 03:27:28 pm »

Attacking and defending areas? Protecting them with fortresses? Count me in!
I hope it's good, never played a sandboxy MMO before. (but then again, I don't really play MMOs anyway so...)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 03:32:27 pm »

Cool! My name in-game is Gabeux. The game just finished updating, will launch it now, (:
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 04:04:37 pm »

Cool! My name in-game is Gabeux. The game just finished updating, will launch it now, (:
Mine's still downloading, but I've already reg'd with the name FunctionZero.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 04:40:49 pm »

This looks... very... awesome.

Let's see, F2P, but with no cash advantage(or at least claims to)? There's a plus.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 04:48:06 pm »

Well I'm in the game, got a second sword and some HP drinks...there's some dungeons around but I don't know what's the rewards etc.

I think I'll try to find a shrine and see what that capturing and building is all about.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 05:40:01 pm »

Not that impressed. Novel concept, but it runs slow, long load times, and basically anything that moves usually kills you.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 05:42:59 pm »

Not that impressed. Novel concept, but it runs slow, long load times, and basically anything that moves usually kills you.
Not to mention shitty music on the loader... Downloading...

EDIT: It ran fine with my shitty connection... And those annoying sound effects that can't be turned off... Meh... I'll quit.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 06:02:50 pm by anzki4 »

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 06:02:34 pm »

A good combo of blocking and attacking can do a lot, like preventing you to take damage at all.

My actual problem seems to be that every cell is uncapturable. I've yet to find a STATIC cell.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 06:16:27 pm »

I found 2 STATIC cells and couldn't find their shrines. One of them had nothing on it, and I waited it change from BUILD to STATIC mode, and no luck finding the shrine again.

I almost feel depressed to post the game here, since myself could barely get any fun from playing it.
If anyone get lucky or something, please post about it.

I'll go back trying to find some sandbox MMO game I can play more than a day  ::)

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 06:53:39 pm »

Yeah. But do inform us if you manage to find a better one.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 08:15:00 pm »

I'm looking into Dawntide right now, last time I played it completely sucked..but that was one year ago.

Also on the lookout for more sandboxy MMOs, but I guess I'll have to give up and play Haven & Hearth casually, because my quest for this kind of game is taking a lot of time from me, and yield only half-baked games or complete failures.

So poetic.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 09:40:49 pm »

I found 2 STATIC cells and couldn't find their shrines. One of them had nothing on it, and I waited it change from BUILD to STATIC mode, and no luck finding the shrine again.

I almost feel depressed to post the game here, since myself could barely get any fun from playing it.
If anyone get lucky or something, please post about it.

I'll go back trying to find some sandbox MMO game I can play more than a day  ::)

The reason for this is people will sink the shrine into the ground then fill the shrine with ground pieces so that even if you could see a little piece sticking out you can't get to it without a ton of bombs.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 04:56:00 pm »

I managed to find an easily takeable shrine within 30 minutes of starting this game. Suffice to say it now resembles all the other "impregnable" ones. If you cant beat them, join them! :P
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 06:40:41 pm »

The reason for this is people will sink the shrine into the ground then fill the shrine with ground pieces so that even if you could see a little piece sticking out you can't get to it without a ton of bombs.

Thermites. Use them
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: [1] 2