Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: If you don't do this, you are unamerican.  (Read 23883 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: If you don't do this, you are unamerican.
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2011, 07:44:33 pm »

Im from america, just not from the USA.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wich leads to the question: what do we call people from the US? Unitedstaters? (no offence meant, of course)

over here we officially call them "estadounidenses" which literally translates to "unatedstaters :p

Same here, but the english sounds a bit weird to me.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2011, 10:08:27 pm »

Russian originally but lived in the states for more than half my life.  Like Colorado the best:)
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

arzzult

• Bay Watcher
  • This statement is false.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2011, 12:26:37 am »

From the U.S. Lived the first ten years of my life in Florida, lived the past 11 and 1/2 in North Carolina.
 I also suggest you keep disbanding and reforming the squad until you get something akin to "The Avengers" for the squads name but that might take some time.
I just realized two things. 1. For the Win and F___ the World have the same initials. 2. They have the same meaning in Dwarf Fortress.

TheeBaconman

• Bay Watcher
  • Topics normally misunderstood. Dabbling worder
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2011, 12:37:29 am »

Wich leads to the question: what do we call people from the US? Unitedstaters? (no offence meant, of course)

over here we officially call them "estadounidenses" which literally translates to "unatedstaters :p

Same here, but the english sounds a bit weird to me.

Statesmen, I guess, or Yankee is the 2nd thing that comes to mind to call U.S. Americans. Though I see flaws in using either.

And California dude is this TheeBaconman.
"A stupid is, a stupid dies." -Tribes 2

Think of the children?!
You sick freak.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2011, 12:39:29 am »

In Finnish, "Jenkki" is a typical informal name for someone from the USA. It evolves directly from the word Yankee, which if I've understood correctly may be considered offensive by certain people from the Southern States who're proud of their heritage.

Sometimes, USA is also informally referred to as "Jenkkilä", poetic translation "Land of Yankees".
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2011, 12:41:21 am »

You should play this as an adventurer. Carry doens of shields with you and throw them at everything. Much better than a CPU dwarf would do.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2011, 06:33:39 am »

In Finnish, "Jenkki" is a typical informal name for someone from the USA. It evolves directly from the word Yankee, which if I've understood correctly may be considered offensive by certain people from the Southern States who're proud of their heritage.

Not to forget, "Jenkki" is also a type of bubblegum.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2011, 06:52:53 am »

Not to forget, "Jenkki" is also a type of bubblegum.

A bubblegum brand, to be precise.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2011, 07:00:53 am »

Well you could call them colombians but i think theres another place called colombia :/
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2011, 07:28:09 am »

This is a masterwork Iron shield.   It is dyed blue.
On it is a masterfully designed image of a five pointed star in pig tail.
On it is a masterfully designed image of stripes in red dyed pig tail.

I've heard 'united statesers' called Sue happy asses, idiots who elect the stupidest among them to lead them, lazy, and gun happy rednecks.   Seems accurate sometimes, but probably "American" is gunna stick.  Sorry Canada.  Mexico and points south too.

Now if you don't mind, I need to go into my indoor room where I keep all my paper Charlie Sheen* for president fliers, fire off some roman candles, while testing my homemade flamethrower.   Then maybe I'll sue the fireworks manufacturer for burning my house down and live a cushy work free life.  Greatest country in the world, yo.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 07:31:27 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

rawrcakes

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2011, 08:29:08 am »

A Dane here. Not many of those around i reckon
Statistically, no. There's only 5.5 million of you in the world!

... let's ignore that there's only 4.7 million norwegians :(
Niding absolutely detests humans. || twitch.tv/onnings

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2011, 08:53:30 am »

This is a masterwork Iron shield.   It is dyed blue.
On it is a masterfully designed image of a five pointed star in pig tail.
On it is a masterfully designed image of stripes in red dyed pig tail.

I've heard 'united statesers' called Sue happy asses, idiots who elect the stupidest among them to lead them, lazy, and gun happy rednecks.   Seems accurate sometimes, but probably "American" is gunna stick.  Sorry Canada.  Mexico and points south too.

Now if you don't mind, I need to go into my indoor room where I keep all my paper Charlie Sheen* for president fliers, fire off some roman candles, while testing my homemade flamethrower.   Then maybe I'll sue the fireworks manufacturer for burning my house down and live a cushy work free life.  Greatest country in the world, yo.

You forgot the ingestion of several hundred pounds of lard.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2011, 09:12:13 am »

What's this, a gathering of Finns here in the tail end of the thread. We got granite and birches.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Number4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2011, 09:15:02 am »

And you destroy russian tanks with can openers and toothpicks!
Thanks for the suggestion, but Number4 is correct: [...] it would be easier and more predictable to just be a racist.

Did somebody just rule 34 two veins of metal?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2011, 09:20:39 am »

And !!booze!!. Let's not forget the !!booze!!.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13