Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: If you don't do this, you are unamerican.  (Read 23858 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: If you don't do this, you are unamerican.
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2011, 07:11:55 pm »

unamerican you say well as an european i say let do it first, cos the u.s. will make it bigger and craper.
if get a dwarf with a 2handed sword i will do a u.k. team.

Captain scotland with a clamore
Captain england with a axe
Captain wales with a bow
and Captain Northern Ireland with some thing maybe Guinness?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2011, 07:13:17 pm »

Well I'M Australian!

The following is an image of TapeNoot the amphibian man and America rendered in text. TapeNoot is taunting America from the battlements of a castle. America is making a plantative gesture. This image relates to the horrendous Monty Python impersonation directed at America by TapeNoot in the winter of 2011

;)
On second thought, let's not go to Australia, it is a silly place.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2011, 07:56:02 pm »

Well I'M Australian!

The following is an image of TapeNoot the amphibian man and America rendered in text. TapeNoot is taunting America from the battlements of a castle. America is making a plantative gesture. This image relates to the horrendous Monty Python impersonation directed at America by TapeNoot in the winter of 2011

;)
On second thought, let's not go to Australia, it is a silly place.
I'll have you know that I have dispatched several kangaroo hitmen for your blasphemy.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2011, 07:59:01 pm »

I tried it. Failed pretty hard.
Captain America got ripped apart by a goddamn horde of serpent-men. Did do some pretty good injuries though. Bucky stood no chance against 'em once Cap died.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2011, 08:29:56 pm »

That's alright, ripped apart or not, as long as his head's still there, he can bite their legs off.

nymall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2011, 11:18:50 pm »

I'm Canadian. I already modded in maple syrup, polar bears, and a FB named Stephen Harper. I plan to add Jack Layton into the mix and see if we can get a fistfight going on. </candianpoliticaljoke>

Can I have the Raws for this? It smells of epic win...

You should also add Cretien and Mulroney to the list :p

Max176

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2011, 12:02:23 am »

Sadly, I was only lulzing. I wish I had the ability to mod like that.
I'm mining out and admixture every section of adamant ore I can get my easily on to alternation my armoursmith up to allegorical so he can accomplish actively alarming armour for my aggressive. again I'm traveling to do the aforementioned for weapons.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2011, 12:05:32 am »

The Jack Layton strikes the Stephen Harper in the lower right arm with his +balsa cane+, bruising the muscle through the rope reed fiber suit!
The Stephen Harper bashes the Jack Layton in the right upper leg with his -giant beaver leather suitcase-, but the attack glances away!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 12:09:11 am by BloodBeard »

Max176

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2011, 12:23:37 am »

The Jack Layton strikes the Stephen Harper in the lower right arm with his +balsa cane+, bruising the muscle through the rope reed fiber suit!
The Stephen Harper bashes the Jack Layton in the right upper leg with his -giant beaver leather suitcase-, but the attack glances away!
I'm mining out and admixture every section of adamant ore I can get my easily on to alternation my armoursmith up to allegorical so he can accomplish actively alarming armour for my aggressive. again I'm traveling to do the aforementioned for weapons.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2011, 12:34:25 am »

So obviously we need to start making people in DF who resemble fictional characters.
If you don't do this, you are unfinnish:

Name a character Väinämöinen, his weapons are a Finnish zither made out of the jawbone of a giant pike(Giant pike may or may not be magical(remember to mod in the ability to sink people into created-on-the-spot-swamps when the zither is played and we have magic)) and a sword(made by a smith named Ilmarinen). Against harpies(or any flying female monstrosity) he is to be equipped with a wooden oar.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 12:37:46 am by Ieb »

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2011, 01:16:42 am »

I'm waiting for kiwis to be included in the list of creatures.

Then mod them to be playable, and name then after famous All Blacks....

Life's that boring down here...

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2011, 01:44:58 am »

So obviously we need to start making people in DF who resemble fictional characters.
If you don't do this, you are unfinnish:

Name a character Väinämöinen, his weapons are a Finnish zither made out of the jawbone of a giant pike(Giant pike may or may not be magical(remember to mod in the ability to sink people into created-on-the-spot-swamps when the zither is played and we have magic)) and a sword(made by a smith named Ilmarinen). Against harpies(or any flying female monstrosity) he is to be equipped with a wooden oar.

Woah, haven't done that. On the other hand, I gave my seven starter dwarves nicknames Juhani, Aapo, Tuomas, Simeoni, Timo, Lauri and Eero, had them chop lots of wood and build a house of it. I wanted it to burn down, but I didn't know how to do it, so I just tore it down again. Then I had them kill most of their cattle. After that, it was mainly peaceful farmer life they lived... until the first goblin siege.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

dragoncurse

• Bay Watcher
  • if patience.Huge = fortress.FUN.Huge
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2011, 01:49:30 am »

I'm Japanese

And a Dwarf, of course
:3

Chunes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2011, 01:55:39 am »

Most people here are kind intelligent people,

Which is why there are so few Americans here compared to the greater internet community.

/kidding

//or am I

jamesadelong

• Bay Watcher
  • 148 Giant Mosquitos won't stop Polar Bear testing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2011, 05:42:49 am »

Sorry I'm from the dark side of the moon, it's so nice here. We had just found a metal case with seven small corpses and a pick that we think was dropped by a passing asteroid but aside from that... nope. Can't really see any relevance to me :P
Quote from: Oliolli
Quote from: Dohon
Dwarf Fortress: where good advice confuses new players and bad advice makes the Geneva Conventions scream out in pain.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13