Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Happy Fourth of July Everyone!  (Read 3078 times)

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Fourth of July Everyone!
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2011, 08:43:56 pm »

God Bless America.  God Bless free men and women everywhere.  Heck, God Bless everyone else too.  Well, really, especially everyone else.

red - for the blood that was shed to earn the freedom
White - for the purity and peace after attaining freedom
blue - for loyalty, tradition, honor, justice

and of course, the Gold border on the true colors, signifying grandeur and prosperity.
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2011, 08:51:05 pm »

Truly the darkest day in mankind has come, since today the British Empire began its descent. It all started on this day, this sad sad day.  :(

The British Empire had not reached its peak yet, at that time.
The descent probably began a little before the Great War.

It was among one of our first losses, and probably the biggest if you think about it (Although that might be taken by India due to some other technicalities).
actually, America was a drain on our resources and economies at that time, so it isn't that much of a loss
Considering the events that succeeded that, if Great Britain had held onto the thirteen colonies they very well might have eventually claimed all of North America, if not more.

But that shall remain speculative until destructive time travel is invented.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2011, 08:57:41 pm »

The 4th of July; when we deliberately simulate being bombarded specifically to gloat about how long its been since that last happened.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2011, 09:02:29 pm »

Yeah, god bless america for trying to enforce rules in other countries that they don't want to follow.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2011, 09:03:30 pm »

Yeah, god bless america for trying to enforce rules in other countries that they don't want to follow.
sweet irony eh?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2011, 09:04:18 pm »

sweet irony eh?
"BUT WE HAVE TO ENFORCE GOD GIVEN FREEDOM EVERYWHERE ELSE"
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2011, 09:06:12 pm »

Rules like "stop killing Jews in gas chambers" or "quit forcing Koreans into prostitution" seem reasonable enough.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2011, 09:07:12 pm »

Rules like "stop killing Jews in gas chambers" or "quit forcing Koreans into prostitution" seem reasonable enough.
Yes, but rules like "We don't like how you do this, so let us run in and run everything." aren't. Our government isn't a shining example of good and decency in the world.
Welcome to Reality.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2011, 09:09:52 pm »

Yes, but rules like "We don't like how you do this, so let us run in and run everything." aren't. Our government isn't a shining example of good and decency in the world.
Well, considering we are the longest lasting republic government in the past century, you gotta give us some credit.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2011, 09:12:08 pm »

Well, considering we are the longest lasting republic government in the past century, you gotta give us some credit.
Yes, but we also are hated by a large majority of the world.
Welcome to Reality.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2011, 09:13:39 pm »

bitches just mad because they can't handle it like us. Do we intervene too much? yes but then we have been asked for help so many damn times.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2011, 09:15:05 pm »

Only some of that hate is justified. I for one do not care if we are disliked by, say, authoritarian, totalitarian, oppressive, dictatorships that look at human rights like most people look at Mein Kampf. In fact, that's probably a good thing.

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2011, 09:42:41 pm »

Winning a popularity contest isn't worth anything in world affairs. Contrary to what you might believe, there is no diplomatic victory in this game.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2011, 09:49:56 pm »

What I would like to do one of these 4th of Julys:
Set off a bucket of thermite on top of a box of fireworks. Best pyrotechnics display ever. Only evidence left is a smoldering crater and glass (if done on the beach).

Spoiler: Wait a moment... (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 09:55:31 pm by Itnetlolor »

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2011, 06:11:49 am »

You sure dragged your feet to start enforcing that first rule, though.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5