Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Happy Fourth of July Everyone!  (Read 3075 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Happy Fourth of July Everyone!
« on: July 04, 2011, 12:07:24 pm »

White for purity and innocence
Red for hardiness and valour
Blue for vigilance, perseverance, and justice

America, may she always be right, but when wrong strive to be right.

I suppose that it's time for a good ol' USA argument, isn't it?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Fourth of July Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 12:12:15 pm »

I ended up having my Independence Day celebrations on July 3rd, due to the work schedules of the people I know.

Unfortunately, at least one of my friends is a moron, as he had the brilliant idea to light fireworks on the railing of my wooden deck. No fires resulted from that, but seriously now. That just isn't smart.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 12:13:54 pm »

boooo Canada is better!  Naw I'm kidding I live close to the border so I get to see two sets of fireworks, really makes my july.  Luckily in Canada there's less restrictions on personal fireworks, and I live in a valley.  All the neighbors set up fireworks and shoot them off in procession so our homemade fireworks show lasts about 2 hours, it's fun.
Nom nom nom

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 12:14:32 pm »

I love my county.
Ya do anything special for the 4th in the Army Strife?
Thank you based dwarf.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 12:15:39 pm »

I ended up having my Independence Day celebrations on July 3rd, due to the work schedules of the people I know.

Unfortunately, at least one of my friends is a moron, as he had the brilliant idea to light fireworks on the railing of my wooden deck. No fires resulted from that, but seriously now. That just isn't smart.

Quite a few people around town got seriously injured yesterday setting off fireworks (due to drinking, stupidity, etc). I heard sirens all through the night.

Anyway, I'm seeing a baseball game tonight that's going to end in fireworks. How fun!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 12:18:48 pm »

Quite a few people around town got seriously injured yesterday setting off fireworks (due to drinking, stupidity, etc). I heard sirens all through the night.
One of my Roman Candles didn't fire off right and just blew up on the ground a couple of seconds after it was lit. Looked cool, though.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 12:23:26 pm »

I threw a Roman Candle in a fire once... At a christian camp.

Also, for any other Canadians, Happy belated Canada Day!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 12:35:34 pm »

Pfft everyone knows it was July 2nd when the Lee Resolution was passed and thus should be celebrated.

Happy Birthday, Amerika
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 12:36:35 pm »

O! say does that star-spangled banner yet wave,
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

Excellent fucking question.

All the same, I have faith that we'll get through this.  Eventually.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 12:37:58 pm »

I sure hope this doesn't derail into a discussion about rights and freedoms of Americans.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 12:43:11 pm »

I sure hope this doesn't derail into a discussion about rights and freedoms of Americans.

Me, too.  That wasn't the intent.

Sadly, I'm not doing anything for the 4th.  I hoped (as usual) to watch 1776, but I forgot about it again... more's the pity.  John Adams is one of my heroes.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 12:46:55 pm »

White for purity and innocence

America

innocence

wat
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 12:52:49 pm »

I was told by an ex-military guy (my middle school teacher) that it was red for blood, white for the bodies of the soldiers, and blue for freedom o_O  I think I like Strife's interpretation better.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 12:53:16 pm »

Azkul, that applies to the whole world, moot point.

I'm getting the feeling that for the few days around the fourth, fireworks are legal everywhere. I may try to sneak out and 'dispose' of my brothers old stash of firecrackers and roman candles.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 12:55:21 pm »

I was told by an ex-military guy (my middle school teacher) that it was red for blood, white for the bodies of the soldiers, and blue for freedom o_O  I think I like Strife's interpretation better.
...racism?

(Also, I don't see what blue has to do with freedom. Blue is awesome and all, but it isn't particuarly about freedom in any way I can think of.)
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5