Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Strange mood  (Read 4603 times)

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strange mood
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 02:00:03 pm »

Yes in the case of cloth they can be specific, wich is a huge pain if you ask me. As far as I can tell the material doesn't matter for any other goods he might need. Guess silk, cloth and wool are considered different goods altogether.
It's always a plus if you can supply the moody dwarf with the most valuable materials ofcourse, so the artifact will be worth your while.

Also I believe your artifact is a large gem, wich differs from normal gems wich you can use for decoration. I think that thing will go in either the finished good stockpile or furniture stockpile, but I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:01:43 pm by Jelle »

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2011, 02:21:52 pm »

I think large gems are bugged. They are supposed to go in the finished goods stockpile. Press t to check inside of the workshop

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALL_WORK] [NO_PLAY] [IS_DULL_BOY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2011, 02:30:36 pm »

Yeah, gem crafts and large gems currently don't get put anywhere. They just sit in the workshop and there's no stockpile that can take them. This includes artifact gems (perfect gems and gem crafts), although artifact gem furniture/weapons/armor/whatever gets taken to the appropriate stockpile.

Re: materials, pretty much the only time material type matters is if they are a moody metalsmith, and even then not all the time. They might ask for a specific base metal. Any other time, they will pick what they like if it's available but will go for another item of the same type if it's not available. Also, wood blocks cannot be substituted for rock blocks, though metal blocks can. And yes, plant cloth, animal cloth, and silk cloth count as three different material types; it's a good idea to keep a few of each kind on hand, because starting a cloth industry takes longer than it does for your moody dwarf to go insane, and spider silk might not even be available. Caravans are your friend; dwarven caravans will bring all three types of cloth (pig tail for plant cloth, spider silk cloth, and wool).

If you want to be able to use the useless artifacts to increase room value, look up the Display Case Mod.
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling fish woman]

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2011, 02:46:19 pm »

Odds are it is still in the jewelry shop, artifact gems, like large gems seem to be unsortable via stockpiles in the current version.  Check the shop with (t) it should still be there.  I had so many artifact gems in one fort I ended up deconstructing the shop and bulding up a lovely statue garden around the immobile super-gems.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2011, 03:18:56 pm »

With the metalsmithing materials, do dwarves share any preferances for adamantine? After finding it none of my metal artifacts have had anything else for base material.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2011, 04:52:22 pm »

Dwarves are hard-wired to love adamantine, so if there's any around and they don't like something else better they'll have it. Dwarves with a preference for adamantine can also demand it specifically, which doesn't happen with other metals.

trial and error seems like too frustrating a path to take in solving what those mysterious messages mean. Unless there's really logic in them always.
There is.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2011, 07:34:17 pm »

I got an artifact large green glass gem and it got put into the finished goods stockpile. Not sure why if everyone else is having trouble with it.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2011, 07:39:19 pm »

Maybe because yours is made of glass.

Rurik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2011, 08:50:39 am »

There is.
Thanks! Of course it's so. :P

Another question: I'm trying to armor my military dwarves. I went m -> e -> U -> and chose metal armor as uniform template for all with shift+enter. However it reverts back to leather armor (and I got a message "Dwarf cancels pickup equipment: Equipment mismatch"). What's wrong? I have copper mail shirts, but no leather armor.
It is Fun until someone gets hurt. Then it's Hilarious.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2011, 10:02:54 am »

You may have to go into the equipment screen and unequip any leather armor that you see.
Pages: 1 [2]