Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weight  (Read 891 times)

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Weight
« on: July 03, 2011, 11:20:45 pm »

Hi all,

I'm moving much slower than my companions as well as enemies. Is there something that shows me my weight, or would weight not be the reason? I could make the question a lot more complicated but I'll leave it like this; if you have any input concerning weight or slow movement (i'm proficient armor wearer and pretty strong) please comment here. If I've missed something obvious please link it and insult me for not looking around before posting. tyty

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
Re: Weight
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 11:23:31 pm »

Drop the slade boulder. :-) In all seriousness though, look in your inventory and drop all nonessentials.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 12:21:35 am »

Are you by any chance lying on the ground?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Ascaronth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 12:28:45 am »

Agility is the stat that has the biggest impact on speed. Armor user impacts the speed penalty of the armor you're wearing. The higher the armor user skill, the less the armor will slow you down.

Also, total weight affects speed. If you pick up dragon bones you could see your speed go from ~1700 to maybe 800 or 700 because they're very heavy.

You can check how much something weights by pressing i, then the letter relative to the item you want to check, and then look at the top left. You should see XΓ. X is the weight of said item.

Also, some skills will increase your speed. Namely thrower/archer and wrestler. I think dodger also. You will notice that if you pick up and throw a lot of rocks your speed will increase. If you want to do it, I suggest using some macros.

And as Angel of Death pointed out: if you're laying on the ground or stunned you'll be much slower. The same applies to sneaking, but the better you get at it, the faster you go. At legendary ambusher (the skill trained by sneaking) you'll retain 100% of your normal speed, even while sneaking. And monsters won't see you even if you stand RIGHT BESIDE them smashing their head.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 01:32:41 am »

Good to know about sneaking, thanks (and thanks all for the comments).

I had butchered a roc. All the stuff from it was like 7000 weight, but I did it on a whim and then went out the door (IRL) came back a few hours later and didn't think about selling/unloading. I didn't have much, just that stuff in a bag and I didn't remember much changing since I'd just sold off before that so I didn't look properly. I was thinking I'd reached some 231/230 weight limit that I was unware of.

Hella gold off of it, but I have the feeling that money is worthless once you're fitted out in iron.

Anyway, right after that i've stabbed this goblin through the lung and chopped off his foot, he chips my bones a few times (hammerman) and I pass out from pain (not him nooooo), my buddies close in on him and chop his hand off and basically fuck him up, but he proceeds to killshot with a copper shield.

But it was fun.

Ascaronth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 07:59:02 am »

Seems like you lack some toughness. A higher toughness means that you don't pass out so easily.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 12:19:35 pm »

Actually, willpower is what stops you from passing out due to pain, not toughness.

Barnox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 01:57:30 pm »

Does Toughness stop you being damaged in the first place?

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 03:14:43 pm »

Does Toughness stop you being damaged in the first place?
Pretty much.  I think it might also do some other things too.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 08:44:55 pm »

Strength apparently (wiki) gives you bigger muscles which offer increased protection as well... plus having multiple layers of armour always helps  :D
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 12:44:16 am »

I think that, even with superior willpower/toughness/strength, you're still going to have problems with chipped bones making you give in to pain.