Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: Improbable Island: Watch out, a zombie puppy!  (Read 30936 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Improbable Island: Watch out, a zombie puppy!
« Reply #225 on: July 22, 2011, 12:53:37 pm »

Maybe a good point, hmm... I'd not really considered how things might be different at stronger ranks. I guess we'd have to do a number comparison to see what the relative advantages are, and which one is most likely to raise the DPS. And I suppose health regen would be a lot less useful at higher levels due to the increased health amounts being worked with. Hmmm.

Yeah, the higher ranks start to be a pain, starting at about 4. (1.5x difficulty). And it starts to get more difficult at the higher levels in those ranks, as well, since you can't get better armor to keep up, eventually.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 22, 2011, 01:00:03 pm »

Oh, yeah - I've even got the Rusty Chainsaw that's supposed to be a 20% debuff to the opponent's attack, and it's a pain. Admittedly, I'm still doing Big trouble for just about every fight, it just sucks the profit up into the medics tent.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 22, 2011, 02:35:00 pm »

The only problem with defense buffs I see is they technically don't 'last' as long. Attack buffs end the battle faster, which effectively give you more rounds of buffs. Of course, if you're spending the money from each battle to get you back to full health... hmm...

Have you unlocked any of the percent based armors yet? I'm of the understanding that unlocking those is the key to success at higher ranks.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 22, 2011, 02:51:38 pm »

The only problem with defense buffs I see is they technically don't 'last' as long. Attack buffs end the battle faster, which effectively give you more rounds of buffs. Of course, if you're spending the money from each battle to get you back to full health... hmm...

Have you unlocked any of the percent based armors yet? I'm of the understanding that unlocking those is the key to success at higher ranks.
Nope. That's why I'm likely going to delay my one rank per DK thing. I don't wanna torture myself.

And I have a solution: How about we just max all of the buffs?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 22, 2011, 03:07:47 pm »

That's going to take an incredibly long time. Even many of the established and chock full clans tend not to have maxed out buffs, and I guarantee I'm not going to be playing continuously from now until that happens. :P

Dropping a hundred real life dollars on cigs probably wouldn't even get us more than a third of the way...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 23, 2011, 09:58:58 pm »

Update on recent happenings, in which Glyph tries his darndest to burn down IC, and turns the fountain into a haven for sea creatures

Spoiler: A Burning Good Time (click to show/hide)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 24, 2011, 02:24:39 pm »

Last self-bump, I promise not to do another reply until someone else has posted in this thread. :P

I drew a picture though, and it was fun - if anyone else wants a picture of their character, let me know, I'll see what I can do.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 24, 2011, 04:47:46 pm »

That is...quite traumatizing and freaky awesome at the same time. I think next easter I'll take that image and explain that those arms is how the bunny hides so many eggs so fast.

I should do something awesome like that some time, I wish I could find a real mouse though, laptop touchpads are BAD for art (at least for me...).

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 24, 2011, 05:07:55 pm »

I actually drew that by hand, and just color filled/combined/moved stuff around on the computer. (I tend to draw things in pieces and put them together later, bad habit, the bunny suit and each arm were drawn individually)

That is why it is so terribad, but not nearly as terribad as it could have been, heh.

Quinnr, since you're one of the possibly two people who bothers to read my updates, should I bother posting my most recent logs? They are really rather long, though, might be easier to just summarize:
Summary:
I run into Krys and someone else while checking out the Bordello, despite intending to just peek in and then slip back out.
Feeling awkward with the conversation, I grabbed some booze.
The booze at the Bordello is really quite strong, and Krys+companion drifted off while I was drinking, so I headed to Kittania.
There I ran into someone named Esme, who brought me BACK to the Bordello on account of how I looked like I was going to fall over and drown in the dirt at any moment and it was the safest place she could think of to leave me.
One thing led to another, I had a fight with the chandeliers in an attempt to destroy their steak-cookie baking mind control rays, found one of the Bordello bean bags was stuffed with delicious chocolate beans, and woke up in the morning hangover-free  (if still slightly drunk) with a lizard girl and a catgirl cuddled up with me, both of whom I'd apparently extended invites to join our clan (though they may or may not, don't know yet).

In other news
How many new members do I need to pull in to get another promotion? :P

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 24, 2011, 06:07:23 pm »

Leader is the highest rank. You can't upgrade to founder, and only difference between founder and leader is that the Founder can't be removed or downgraded except by themselves.

And I like the summaries, it makes it easier to read :)
And the Bordello is scary.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 24, 2011, 06:28:15 pm »

How do we add more ranks so I can get promoted more?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 24, 2011, 07:01:53 pm »

How do we add more ranks so I can get promoted more?
You don't. I suppose you could move everyone else down to officer to make you feel more important?

Or you could make a new clan so you have Founder status?

Also, Glyph and I have decided to start kidnapping people and torturing them until they join our clan! Muahahaha!

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 24, 2011, 08:05:16 pm »

And the Bordello is scary.

Bah, you're just anti-comfort! ... And I was wondering why my beanbag was deflated in the morning.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 25, 2011, 12:38:24 am »

Glyph McGriffin pushed through the thick vegetation of the jungle. He was finally comfortable here in this place, on the Island. The fighting was fun, more fun than his training had led him to believe. He'd made friends, had some good times, and eaten things he thought he'd never get the chance to eat. Like more Braaaains than he could stake a chick at. He'd obviously finally got the hang of things with the ladies here, if yesterday morning was anything to go by, and he was beginning to think he could take anything the Island could throw at him. He'd knew about the Drive of course, the thing he was here to kill, but he doubted even it would stand a chance before his fists of fury.

The only thing that still irked him was this god damn rabbit suit. He couldn't get the bloody thing off. He didn't know what Sheila had done to it, but nothing worked. Burning, cutting, shredding, selling, even unzipping it had all proved futile. And Sheila would just laugh and laugh. God. Damn it.

Well, he'd heard some pretty crazy stuff could happen if you fought the Drive... maybe that was the key to finally freeing himself of this curse! And then, before him, stood the decrepit stairs that led down to the New Pittsburgh Laboratory. He knew there were similar labs across the Island, and as he kicked open the doors, he knew his chances of finding the drive on a first go were slim. So be it, he wasn't in a hurry. He worked his way through tunnels and rooms for several minutes before finding a set of doors that were locked and bolted. He shrugged, breaking the lock with a slam of his fists, and pushed his way through. As the doors swung shut behind him, creaking madly, he looked around at the room.

It was dark, lit only by the occasional stream of light struggling through the cracked and root-ridden ceiling, but he could tell it was large. The floor was covered in rubble and blood. An EXIT sign flickered above the door behind him, and lines of blood marred its cold metal surface. The air hung heavy, and stale. Lovely place, he thought to himself. He felt something small hit his shoulder and spread a bit. Something wet. He leaned over to give it a sniff. Hmm. Oil.

Oil.

Slowly, he raised his gaze. There, clinging to the ceiling, it's single eye flashing wildly, was the drive. "Bloody 'ell, why do they always have ta be on the bloody ceiling! Git down 'ere ya roight bastard!" he called up at the thing. It was going to be a bloody repeat of the chandelier episode at this rate. [color]"Get down 'ere right this instant, ya blood-flickered ass-snot!"[/color]

The Drive obliged, dropping from the ceiling and nearly clipping the zombie as he dove out of the way. The room shook, dust raising from the floor, and the creatures weight left a large cracked area where it landed.
[color]"Roight then. That's better. Let's get to this, heh?"[/color]

The fight didn't last long. He was right, the Drive was no match for him. Or it was toying with him. He couldn't quite be sure. He was certainly surprised at how easily it went down. He was not surprised by the fact that it exploded, and he blacked out.

He wasn't sure of much of what followed. He remembered voices. He remembered seeing a particularly sexy looking pirate with an enormous hat. He remembered... he remembered seeing his suit lying several feet away from him on the ground, empty. He remembered feeling... satisfied. He slept with a smile.

----

Glyph's head was swimming. He didn't know how long he'd been out, be he felt like shit. He'd have gone right back to sleep if not for an incessant prodding against one of his cheeks. He finally gave in, opening an eye to see one of his Servo arms poking him over and over again. "Stop that, I'm up, I'm up, by the gods, heh, I'm up!" The arm stopped, and pulled itself back into the pack on his back. He was in his bed, in the clan.

In a rabbit suit. Bloody hell, how had he-

"Glyph!" came a voice, "You're up!" Quinnr strode into the room, stopping momentarily to cock his head, his huge hat nearly flying off as he did so. He pulled out a paper, signed his name, and tossed it over his shoulder. "Sorry about that, just had to okay a rookie joining the clan. Anyways, you had a bit of a close call there, buddy! The Drive blew you up good! You landed right in the middle of Global Banter!" he said. Glyph chose not to comment on how he could have possibly landed on a radio frequency. "And your suit fell off! No worries, though, we all had a good laugh about naked zombie cannonballs, then got you dressed back up again and delivered you to the clan hall to rest in peace."
"You bloody bastards put back o-"
"No need to thank me, just doing my job as a fellow clan member, Glyph! Anyways, since you had a run in with the drive, you're lucky I caught you before the Network folk did! The love to wipe memories, you know! Oh, and killing the Drive didn't stick, just thought you should know.."
Glyph scowled at him, and motioned for a mirror.
Quinnr laughed. "Don't be in such a hurry! You're still a zombie, nothing much has changed! If you want to use a mirror, use the one in the bathroom. I gotta get back to monster hunting anyways. Seeya!" And with that, he was gone.
Glyph dragged himself to his feet, and pulled himself over to the mirror.
The suit was orange now, instead of pink.
That was it. Well, except for the rude comments written all over his face with permanent marker.
"Arggggghhhhhhhh!!"

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 25, 2011, 12:41:40 am »

As he walked out the clan hall doors, THIS happened...
As you head into the Outpost, something big and black appears in front of you, moving at speed. It impacts on your face, knocking you on your back. As you push yourself up onto your elbows, you try to make sense of what just happened.

You're not entirely sure, but you think... as strange as it sounds... it might have been someone's arse.

You replay the scene - yup. Someone's arse, in a black skirt. You only know one person on this Island who wears a black skirt.

The Watcher - or at least, the top half of her - leans out of the air. Her bespectacled eyes lock onto yours, and her face lights up in a huge grin. "Hey, it's you! Well, isn't this a coincidence!" She reaches out to you. You extend a hand, ready for her to help you up and, perhaps, explain where her legs are - and why she just beat you to the ground with her now-invisible posterior.

Nothing of the sort happens. Instead, The Watcher expertly steals a cigarette from your pocket, lights it, gives you a cheery wink and leans back, disappearing right before your eyes.

You lie for a moment, staring at the space she just occupied.

"RIGHT THEN!" you cry, in the vain hope that The Watcher can still hear you. Birds scatter from the trees. "So THAT'S the sort of day this is going to be! OKAY! Thanks for the heads-up!" You get to your feet. "I'll expect to be mugged by a floating pair of boobs any second now!"

A passing contestant looks your way, lip curled up in distaste. "Weirdo," she mutters, before continuing on her way.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22