Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: Improbable Island: Watch out, a zombie puppy!  (Read 30926 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Improbable Island: Watch out, a zombie puppy!
« Reply #210 on: July 17, 2011, 08:46:54 pm »

Updoot:

Spoiler: Breakdown (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: A Strange Place (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: A Strange Man (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 11:28:58 pm by GlyphGryph »

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 19, 2011, 08:11:38 am »

Fair warning - The Skull Mounted Laser seems like the ultimate trap. You have one 'daily' battery (which started out at 22kW , not sure if this increases or not), and a 'Lifetime' battery at 500 kW. Any charge used above your 'daily' allotment comes out of the other battery.

You can set the laser at just about any intensity when outside of a battle (inside, it takes a round for each 1kW change), and in theory, it'll do differing amounts of damage to the monster at a cost of X kW per round. Yes, per round, not per fight.

Damage on the order of 1-2, that is. I'm not sure how it scales with the intensity... but.. blargh, I want my servo-arms back.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 19, 2011, 12:45:01 pm »

Ouch, that doesn't sound like how it used to work at all. Used to be like built in improbability grenades - chance of doing a bunch of damage, but also of backfiring and knocking you out.

Update!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 12:48:08 pm by GlyphGryph »

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 19, 2011, 01:04:24 pm »

Yess.. I caught part of that. Poor zombie, being shot down by those goo girls. :)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 19, 2011, 01:34:41 pm »

This is why I like the memory wipe/transplant aspect. It lets me play someone essentially new with every race. ^_^

Still 'me' in a way, and if asked about their histories there will be some definite overlap, but at the same time distinctly different, depending on which "true" memories ended up having the most influence in the artificial ones.

Description as of the above events:
This zombie is hunched over from the weight of the servo arms on his back. He's currently wearing a very very short skirt. One of his ass cheeks hangs a bit loose.

Newest Description:
Currently dresses in a muddy and somewhat torn rabbit suit, he's also got a set of servo arms on his back. Each arm wears its own set of bunny ears.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:48:47 am by GlyphGryph »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 21, 2011, 02:07:38 am »

I <3 Global Banter.
Insanely much.

If not for any reason other than the fact that a few people, including Glyph and I, just randomly started an epic fight throughout a city, including missile launchers, missile-proof vests, dead cats, vets, and more.

And the tea parties are simply amazing.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 21, 2011, 07:51:42 am »

The only times I went into Global, it's been dead, dead, dead, so I generally leave it off these days. Been keeping busy with other pursuits on the island, so that's alright. :)

Zombunny, Glyph? Good thing I haven't run into you, lately. o.o;

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 21, 2011, 09:09:44 am »

Reminds me, about time to post some of these backlogs.
Note that for editing, the following commands are incredibly important to me. I'm leaving it here as a note to myself, heheheh.
Code: [Select]
:%s/\[\d\d\=[hm]\d\d\=[ms]\]//gTo remove the timestamps

Code: [Select]
:%s/^\(Nearby\|Online\|Offline\)\= \=\(Male\|Female\)\= \=\(.* \)\=\(<\w\w\w\w\=\w\=>\)/[color=grey][i]\2 \3[\/i][\/color]/gcTo color in the race bits.

And the rest tends to be a bit more particular

« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 09:12:54 am by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 21, 2011, 09:10:33 am »

Spoiler: Part 2 (click to show/hide)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 21, 2011, 09:10:56 am »

« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 09:13:57 am by GlyphGryph »

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 21, 2011, 10:45:09 am »

You do meet the bloody strangest people, you do.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 22, 2011, 12:54:56 am »

Quote from: Bartender
Returning Contestant Glyph McGriffin7 ish alsho much uglier shan you!

I feel so speshal.

And guess what everyone? After you activate the buff, and then activate the attack multiplier, it starts at 1x. 50 more cigs and it'll probably be like 1.01 or something.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 22, 2011, 11:04:35 am »

Why am I not suprised in the slightest, hah.

I do think attack is probably the best start buff., and then we should combine it with HP drain to save money on healing and synergize with the attack boost, heh. Considering defense usually involves not getting hit, I'm beginning to suspect damage reflect will not be that great, especially as we get more powerful.

Anyways, I've added the first cig to the new pile, and I've got some new RP updates for y'all. Warning: Includes flirting and tickling. And the dead flirt ugly. Luckily only one of us was dead, so it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 11:06:53 am by GlyphGryph »

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 22, 2011, 11:19:52 am »

Eh, except that you do get hit, and pretty often on the higher ranks. I've got the best armour I can (+16) with the midget bonus, and they hit me all the time. It's usually for small numbers, but the frequency of the 'semi' strong attacks that knock off half the stamina of a telegraphed strong hit is rising alarmingly.

It miiiiiight be worthwhile to pump up the duration first, so that once we unlock the actual buff part, it'll be more then just a minor annoyance.

As is, I love my KittyBike for the first 20 rounds in the day..

Why am I not suprised in the slightest, hah.

I do think attack is probably the best start buff., and then we should combine it with HP drain to save money on healing and synergize with the attack boost, heh. Considering defense usually involves not getting hit, I'm beginning to suspect damage reflect will not be that great, especially as we get more powerful.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 11:26:31 am by Magentawolf »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 22, 2011, 11:24:21 am »

Maybe a good point, hmm... I'd not really considered how things might be different at stronger ranks. I guess we'd have to do a number comparison to see what the relative advantages are, and which one is most likely to raise the DPS. And I suppose health regen would be a lot less useful at higher levels due to the increased health amounts being worked with. Hmmm.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22