Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: Improbable Island: Watch out, a zombie puppy!  (Read 30964 times)

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Improbable Island: Watch out, a zombie puppy!
« Reply #195 on: July 14, 2011, 08:14:07 am »

I'm willing to do the mould, if we get some suggestions on what we want the token to look like. Mementos are only for 'looking pretty', but they do show up in your profile.

I've got plenty of cobblestones, too.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 14, 2011, 09:46:04 am »

I'm not actually sure what an officer is or does. Do I have any responsibilities?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 14, 2011, 12:41:08 pm »

I'm not actually sure what an officer is or does. Do I have any responsibilities?
I think you can accept applications.
I'm not sure if you can apply clan buffs or not, can you? Anyways, I'm going to send Bdthemag a distract and see if I can add you to leader.

I'm willing to do the mould, if we get some suggestions on what we want the token to look like. Mementos are only for 'looking pretty', but they do show up in your profile.

I've got plenty of cobblestones, too.
Oh, thanks!

I vote for it to be a small coin, with a bearded man on one side, and a pick-axe on the other. But that's just me. :P
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 14, 2011, 01:53:51 pm »

Whazzat? There's super-extended play now? And cobblestone has a use after all? Sure, I'll come back for that. Truthfully my ADD-like tendencies will mean this happens sometimes. Oh, and I have 35k cobblestone. ...Is that a lot?

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 14, 2011, 02:00:47 pm »

Whazzat? There's super-extended play now? And cobblestone has a use after all? Sure, I'll come back for that. Truthfully my ADD-like tendencies will mean this happens sometimes. Oh, and I have 35k cobblestone. ...Is that a lot?

RE: Extended Play - People have donated enough (He restocked the limited-edition stuff in the store) so that you'll get an extra 10% stamina every 'day'. It's currently set to last for the next nineteen-odd RL hours, but it keeps getting bumped up, and has been for several days now.

RE: Officers - We seem to have the authority to set the MoTD and promote people, I haven't prodded the system enough to look beyond that.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 14, 2011, 11:31:57 pm »

Officers - We seem to have the authority to set the MoTD and promote people, I haven't prodded the system enough to look beyond that.

Just curious, but if you have spare time do you think you could check these? :

Can you remove people from the clan? Can you purchase clan buffs?
Because those are the only two things I can find that I can do that you didn't mention, besides promoting to leader.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 14, 2011, 11:37:30 pm »

This had to have been the most fun story session I've had so far. =^_^=
Took me a while to get into the swing of being a cat, but I think my character is finally coming together... since he's new to being a cat, it makes perfect sense too.
There's been a bit of Story stuff skipped between here and last time, I'm not gonna be recording anything, just the bits I really like or think might be important. I'll probably regret that later though, who knows!
Also, trying something a little bit fancy this time...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:41:08 pm by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 14, 2011, 11:38:10 pm »

« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:42:33 pm by GlyphGryph »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 17, 2011, 01:58:46 am »

Love your roleplay logs, as always!

So, I have come to a conclusion...why would anyone focused on the gameplay aspect of II choose Kittymorph as their race? Until I got some buffs and shuffled some of the attack points into defense at the gym, it was very difficult to win a decent amount of fights. I don't think I'll be a Kit again any time soon once I finish this.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 17, 2011, 02:30:40 pm »

Oddly... I've had the best luck as a Kittymorph rather then anything else; my Zombie run was absolutely terrible.

Just don't wear any armour (Hats, Gloves, and Boots are okay) and pick up the best weapon you can, you should be able to do Big-Trouble fights all night long.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 17, 2011, 02:39:37 pm »

Oddly... I've had the best luck as a Kittymorph rather then anything else; my Zombie run was absolutely terrible.

Just don't wear any armour (Hats, Gloves, and Boots are okay) and pick up the best weapon you can, you should be able to do Big-Trouble fights all night long.

Hmm, perhaps I'll go back to nudity. I was having a bit of trouble being nude, and people suggested switching to the best armor when things start to kill you.
The problem I'm having is the whole Slender racial penalty. Any defense you get is almost halved, it's crazy. The gym has helped a ton in evening it out though, as it allows you to move ATK points into DEF.

So has the buffs at the different city game-house things (Booz, The Sunny Spot).

You didn't like the zombies? But...they feel no pain! And they have an attack bonus! Oh well, to each his own.

Oh well, I should finish this run today, and then I shall be a Midget, most likely :)
Still trying to decide whether to keep up with this 1 rank a DK thing, or whether I should get Joker first, as the runs are just going to keep getting longer, and I realllllyy wanna try out the Joker.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 17, 2011, 02:58:11 pm »

The buffs from New Pittsburgh are pretty much the only things that let me survive the R4 zombie run; Monster Mash and the other two give attack / defense bonuses.

Slender is only a 20% defense penalty, while the Nudity buff theoretically reduces the monster's attack and defense, both.

I'm rather liking the Servo-Arms implant this time around, it seems to be a good-sized but unlabeled buff for the offensive style.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 17, 2011, 03:43:57 pm »

20% is huge with the later levels of armor.
The Nudity buff is a 30% decrease in the power of the enemy.
I don't know exactly what the most optimal way to play is, though. I just got tons of buffs from the Squat Hole and Kittania and finished it fast today.

Accidently. I wanted to save up more money, but I found where the drive was and accidently beat it. Seriously. :-/

I'm a Rank 4 Midget now.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 17, 2011, 07:23:10 pm »

Right, so, with the way the game works, defense is... sketchy. Hp is even sketchier. The only reliable stat is attack, and I have no problem doing suicidal fights (rank 2) every round as long as I do timed attacks and keep an eye on my buffs, as a Kitty with no armor. The key is just to do more damage to the enemy than they can deal to you, and attack is simply the best way to do that until the enemy starts one-shotting you. Especially since enemy damage is apparently done as a percent, all HP does is make healing more expensive, and defense is just a freaking weird stat. Defense that is too high is the leading cause of insta-kills, since defense is your chance to riposte, AND the damage a riposte deals, and if the enemy ripostes a ripost, the damage is twice what you would have dealt to the enemy. Freaking deadly.

Anyways, new log, since at least quinnr is apparently reading them. :P Couple days old, but need to post it before it dissapears:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 07:29:15 pm by GlyphGryph »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 17, 2011, 08:40:03 pm »

Hmmm, that's quite interesting. A bit strange though.

Poor Glyph. There is no escape from the Drive! It will find you!

In other news, Midget with ChemPack= so much fun. Between the Midget limit break-like thing, and the chempack, there are all sorts of options and status bars to pay attention to. I like it.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22