Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: Improbable Island: Watch out, a zombie puppy!  (Read 30947 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Improbable Island: Watch out, a zombie puppy!
« Reply #180 on: July 13, 2011, 01:03:09 pm »

I've unlocked the lv2 effects myself at lv7... they aren't so great, to be honest. And they take twice the chems to use... I dunno, I'm not feeling it. But then, I'm specced out for attack, period. Someone with good defense/hp would probably make MUCH better use of it, especially on a high drive kill level.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 13, 2011, 01:05:02 pm »

Chems?
JUNKIE! CHEM JUNKIE! FIEND! MOTOR-RUNNER!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 13, 2011, 01:23:15 pm »

Chems aren't like drugs though. Chems get BETTER the MORE you USE them!

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 13, 2011, 01:23:44 pm »

I've unlocked the lv2 effects myself at lv7... they aren't so great, to be honest. And they take twice the chems to use... I dunno, I'm not feeling it. But then, I'm specced out for attack, period. Someone with good defense/hp would probably make MUCH better use of it, especially on a high drive kill level.

Hrr. I'm level 13, and maybe at 1300 or so storage, and Ive used it pretty much every time it was available. I suppose I should abuse some of those multi-monster fights, as they tend to boost your levels insanely ast.

The servo-arms didn't interest me, as I heard you really only get one set of uses per level.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 13, 2011, 02:28:41 pm »

I spent like 10% for a day or two training them specifically - let a big fight beat me down, then did a bunch of small fights without healing. Use Adrenaline/Painkiller over stims.

Multi-monsters fights definitely help though.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 13, 2011, 02:48:37 pm »

I think I like this Kittymorph thing. Between the grace of the Watcher, the quick travelling, and the no armor needed, it's pretty nice.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 13, 2011, 03:06:50 pm »

Quinn, I must kill you for getting me addicted.
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 13, 2011, 05:11:50 pm »

Quinn, I must kill you for getting me addicted.

and I shall kill you for poking me.

Anyways, all these donations recently is awesome! Tons of extra stamina, and tons of supply crates!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 13, 2011, 09:17:07 pm »

and I shall kill you for poking me.

Anyways, all these donations recently is awesome! Tons of extra stamina, and tons of supply crates!

Blargh. I had absolutely zero luck finding crates last time through, and I just now spent most of a day searching, too. Not a one!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 13, 2011, 09:50:01 pm »

Maybe everyone else got to them before you?

Also, anyone who hasn't should go to the Abandoned Factory in 404. I am getting about 700req and 4 cigs a day at no risk to my req or exp. It's awesome!

I think you have to have one DK to do it, though.

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 13, 2011, 09:51:15 pm »

Quinn.
I REQUIRE EXPLENATION OF THE FACT THAT MY IMPROBABILITY BOMB BLEW ME UP THROUGH AN INVISISUIT!
Goddammit.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 13, 2011, 10:04:59 pm »

Magentawolf - search for quotes in the vast expanse near the mountains - I never find less than four on a trip up there from Kittania, and usually spend only about 10% looking for them. It is probably worth it to bring along a crate sniffer or two, maybe, to be sure.

I don't think they drop in water, do they? If they did, the far oceans would probably be full of them...

The key is to search the squares no one else is likely to have searched, including the squares searched by people who are searching the squares no one else is likely to search.

Edit:
There are two supply crates up there right now, on the beach just SE of CyberCity.
And one practically due south of that in some fields between the beach and woods.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:51:52 pm by GlyphGryph »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 13, 2011, 11:11:39 pm »

Pretty sure they don't drop into water.

Quinn.
I REQUIRE EXPLENATION OF THE FACT THAT MY IMPROBABILITY BOMB BLEW ME UP THROUGH AN INVISISUIT!

Gee, how improbable.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 13, 2011, 11:58:42 pm »

So how's accumulating those Supporter points going? We almost to a clan mould yet? Also, how is my proposed promotion to leader progressing? :P

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 14, 2011, 12:05:08 am »

So how's accumulating those Supporter points going? We almost to a clan mould yet? Also, how is my proposed promotion to leader progressing? :P
I put you to officer already! I'd put you to leader but I'd like the opinions of the other two leaders too.

I have...146pts. And it's starting to slow down quite a bit as the bored people get bored. I'm going to get 500 from the BOINC thing soon, but I'd like to use those for myself...
What do mementos do, anyways? Just look pretty? Can you put them in your profile or something?

Also, I don't know if I'll get enough Cobblestones to make a whole bunch of copies. I think that the whole score thing is based on how good your computer is computing, and mine's...not the best.
I could always send a mould to someone else, I think, though, if they did the BOINC thing.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 12:11:40 am by quinnr »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22