Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: Improbable Island: Watch out, a zombie puppy!  (Read 30971 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Improbable Island: Watch out, a zombie puppy!
« Reply #165 on: July 12, 2011, 07:17:35 am »

I have the inability to save up cigs. I constantly hit the smoke a cig button while traveling, so now all cigs go directly into the clan bank before I accidentally smoke them. :P

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 12, 2011, 08:04:56 am »

Hiring a merc (I signed up the quick healer) is a bloody godsend; she takes hits for you, heals you, and does some pretty impressive riposte damage. Seems to last as long as she isn't knocked out, either.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 12, 2011, 09:09:08 am »

Todays update brought to you by the Fall of the Improbability Drive
Spoiler: Waking Up in Kittania (click to show/hide)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 12, 2011, 12:13:12 pm »

@Gryph: Congrats on your drive kill! :) How do you accidently smoke? Do you click the buttons? I always either use those arrows at the bottom or type. Only time I actually click when not on those arrows when traveling is on options without a letter key, like Clan Halls in some cities.

@Magenta: Thanks, I was wondering how good/if they were worth it. I'll try it out. After I get my Classy Insults. Rank 2 gives you SO MANY MORE CIGS. At least, that's what it seems like to me.

Also, reading about the new Places system on the forum is very exciting..you'll be able to fashion machines in a sort of programming fashion, and procedurally do things like check the players health and say "Wow, you look healthy!" and things like that.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2011, 12:55:31 pm »

Rank 2 gives you SO MANY MORE CIGS. At least, that's what it seems like to me.

Also, reading about the new Places system on the forum is very exciting..you'll be able to fashion machines in a sort of programming fashion, and procedurally do things like check the players health and say "Wow, you look healthy!" and things like that.

I'm working on a Rank 3 DK this time; you do tend to find a few more cigs after combats this way. What I really need is some quick and possibly dirty ways to gain charm quick for use in the Gauntlet; I had 28HP at levl 1 this time around. :)

Also, those bundles in the Hunter's Lodge are so much more awesome then buying anything separately; I bought a Builder's pack so I could settle down somewhere once the rewrite comes in.

Any ideas for a possible clan token? I've been perusing the memento-forge..

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2011, 01:02:45 pm »

Rank 2 gives you SO MANY MORE CIGS. At least, that's what it seems like to me.

I'm working on a Rank 3 DK this time; you do tend to find a few more cigs after combats this way. What I really need is some quick and possibly dirty ways to gain charm quick for use in the Gauntlet; I had 28HP at levl 1 this time around. :)

Also, those bundles in the Hunter's Lodge are so much more awesome then buying anything separately; I bought a Builder's pack so I could settle down somewhere once the rewrite comes in.

Any ideas for a possible clan token? I've been perusing the memento-forge..
Not sure if charm from items can be used in the gauntlet, but you could buy a Tuxedo, or I think Tattoos also raise charm.

And you can flirt with Emily every day, I don't remember how but I think you can get a charm point every day from that. And just entering the pub has a chance to give you a charm point from an improbable event as well.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2011, 01:24:10 pm »

Not sure if charm from items can be used in the gauntlet, but you could buy a Tuxedo, or I think Tattoos also raise charm.

And you can flirt with Emily every day, I don't remember how but I think you can get a charm point every day from that. And just entering the pub has a chance to give you a charm point from an improbable event as well.

Pft, I flirt with Seth. :)

I think item-charm is useable, but from what I've read, you couldn't then un-equip an item if it would reduce a stat into the negatives

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2011, 01:34:03 pm »

Pft, I flirt with Seth. :)

I think item-charm is useable, but from what I've read, you couldn't then un-equip an item if it would reduce a stat into the negatives
I would, but the game forces me to flirt with Emily :(

Well, if you need HP fast, you can always do the Gauntlet with equipment, then slowly build up the charm to the point needed to remove the armor.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 12, 2011, 02:07:56 pm »

I would, but the game forces me to flirt with Emily :(
Psh, just go get a sex change operation and seth will happily be into you. ^_^

Also, I'm not sure, but can you exchange cigs for charm at the brothel?

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 12, 2011, 03:01:15 pm »

Also, I'm not sure, but can you exchange cigs for charm at the brothel?

Theoretically, but the bastard midgets just stole all my req the last time I was there, instead. >.>

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 13, 2011, 12:30:35 am »

Don't know if any of this will be plot relevant, but archiving my most likely candidates for future reference. Edit: Okay, the first bit will definitely be important!
After waking up in Kittania, stretching and yawning in his bed of pillows, he finds the town overrun by very serious sounding individuals, and seeks refuge in the woods. Where he is promptly attacked by monsters, journeys a bit, and discovers the joy of fighting. Later...

Spoiler: Kittania (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: In the Common Grounds (click to show/hide)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 13, 2011, 01:51:19 am »

Hah, awesome notebook.

Also, I should get my Drive Kill either next day, or the day after, depending...
Quests are awesome. I got 2500 experience and 2500 req from ONE KILL!

Also, I nominate that we promote Gryph to leader, if he would like to help, since he is as active as I am and a great player! :) Thoughts?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 13, 2011, 11:03:51 am »

Sure, I don't mind. ^_^

Anyways, the most awesome thing about quests is doing one and then not turning it in until immediately after the next drive kill. :P

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 13, 2011, 11:37:56 am »

Sure, I don't mind. ^_^

Anyways, the most awesome thing about quests is doing one and then not turning it in until immediately after the next drive kill. :P

Hmmm... there's a good suggestion. Right now, the bugger's got me searching the jungles of NewHome for a prophylactic. >.>

Implants - I'm trying out the chemical pack this run, and I'm not entirely sure that I approve. It looks like I might complete the DK before the level 2 effects ever get unlocked.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 13, 2011, 12:36:39 pm »

Sure, I don't mind. ^_^

Hmmm... there's a good suggestion. Right now, the bugger's got me searching the jungles of NewHome for a prophylactic. >.>

Implants - I'm trying out the chemical pack this run, and I'm not entirely sure that I approve. It looks like I might complete the DK before the level 2 effects ever get unlocked.
O.o
I had the option to do Servo Arms (I'm on my third DK now! Whoo!), but I don't think much is more appealing to me than 500-2000 extra req  a day!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22