Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22

Author Topic: Improbable Island: Watch out, a zombie puppy!  (Read 30955 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Improbable Island: Watch out, a zombie puppy!
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2011, 11:36:05 am »

Also, remember that GRENADES ARE AWESOME.

As a human, make sure to get three bangs or something every day for a while, great for getting out of scrapes and you can save them up!

Also-
Has anyone figured out any "SECRET STUN COMBOS" yet? Might be a good idea to share the info for reference and future easy fights!
I don't think you need to save them to be effective...
pretty sure that each time you hit a body part, certain body parts will guard, and others will vulnerable. You have to get them all vulnerable to stun. So with a tiny bit of observation, you should be able to figure out the pattern to the enemies movements.

Saving all that stuff and looking it up would ruin my perfect timing anyways.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2011, 11:44:42 am »

Perfect timing works on any multiple of the target number, btw, which is nice to know if you are sure you missed the first pass. ;)

And you can save up the grenades for trips out of town or for particularly bad days if you don't use them all. You get three per day every day.

Also, make sure to visit the Common Ground every day to do the kissing booth and pinata!

Also, buy a budget horse ASAP. Its the best mount in the long run, but you need to have it for quite a while before it gets that powerful.

Also, quinnr, the thing is - once you've stunned the enemy once, you can do a super-combo. hit the right elements in order, and they will be stunned for the rest of the match. Which order depends on which enemy (and you've still got to stun them initially)

edit:
Woohoo, Failboat Armor Bonus! (Huge increase to DPS go!)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 12:18:15 pm by GlyphGryph »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2011, 12:34:32 pm »

Perfect timing works on any multiple of the target number, btw, which is nice to know if you are sure you missed the first pass. ;)

And you can save up the grenades for trips out of town or for particularly bad days if you don't use them all. You get three per day every day.

Also, make sure to visit the Common Ground every day to do the kissing booth and pinata!

Also, buy a budget horse ASAP. Its the best mount in the long run, but you need to have it for quite a while before it gets that powerful.

Also, quinnr, the thing is - once you've stunned the enemy once, you can do a super-combo. hit the right elements in order, and they will be stunned for the rest of the match. Which order depends on which enemy (and you've still got to stun them initially)

edit:
Woohoo, Failboat Armor Bonus! (Huge increase to DPS go!)
Oh, I see. That's...awesome.
I think that this game needs a WIKI OF NOT LIES.

Also, even though it does work on multiples, that requires more counting. And then I inevitably mess up.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2011, 12:55:47 pm »

What exactly do the percentages on certain body parts mean? Like on [citation needed], "repudiation - Guarded (43%)"?
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2011, 01:08:01 pm »

What exactly do the percentages on certain body parts mean? Like on [citation needed], "repudiation - Guarded (43%)"?
"repudation" is the name of the body part
"guarded" is the action of that body part, it's something like "Vulnerable/Guarded/Hidden".
and the 43% is how much damage it has taken.

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2011, 01:38:59 pm »

"repudation" is the name of the body part
"guarded" is the action of that body part, it's something like "Vulnerable/Guarded/Hidden".
and the 43% is how much damage it has taken.

Oh okay, I thought it added to your chance to miss.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2011, 01:39:40 pm »

Hrrm...

I'll have to check this out later tonight!

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2011, 01:44:40 pm »

Thanks to everyone so far who has signed up using my referral link. I shall send you all cookies once I can buy a huge pack of them!

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2011, 02:23:07 pm »

Thanks to everyone so far who has signed up using my referral link. I shall send you all cookies once I can buy a huge pack of them!

I didn't see your referral link, sorry. Anyway, I finally figured out how to join a clan. Applied.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2011, 10:17:15 am »

So... I've got 12 cigs now (completed the museum quest, wooh). Should I drop them for the clan, or save up for some Rosen-Kai?

Edit: Bought a better backpack and dropped 4 in the clan halls.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 10:40:07 am by GlyphGryph »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2011, 12:27:08 pm »

So... I've got 12 cigs now (completed the museum quest, wooh). Should I drop them for the clan, or save up for some Rosen-Kai?

Edit: Bought a better backpack and dropped 4 in the clan halls.
I put 6 in the clan, now I'm saving up for the first insult skill, at which point I'll go back to putting all my cigs in. That's just me though.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 07, 2011, 02:25:07 pm »

Yeah I'm saving up for insults. I got up to 18 then lost one, but I'm almost there.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 07, 2011, 02:48:12 pm »

So, after three 'days', I'm up to level 4 and trying to get a hang of everything; only one trip to the failboat on the second fight ever. :P

Timed combat seems essential, the damage you do otherwise appears to be just pitiful. I've gotten to a 6-streak, but I'm either off by 0.2s or the
browser lags and I'm suddenly a second and a half late.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 07, 2011, 03:04:18 pm »

You just need a better weapon! Do Easy Fights to make money without levelling up, and buy a better one. It helps a LOT.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2011, 03:12:17 pm »

You just need a better weapon! Do Easy Fights to make money without levelling up, and buy a better one. It helps a LOT.

I've got a meat fork! >.> (And panties, but don't tell anyone else!)

Sounds like I should vacate NewHome / Kittania and hit one of the other outposts that need the help, yes?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22