Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: Improbable Island: Watch out, a zombie puppy!  (Read 30888 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Improbable Island: Watch out, a zombie puppy!
« Reply #270 on: July 28, 2011, 11:35:49 am »

I don't know, I wasn't able to add one to the last memento I created.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 28, 2011, 12:05:06 pm »

So, guess who got a Joker! card?
I so happy.

(It lets you keep an unlimited number of cards, stops cards from automatically turning into passes [gives you unlimited time to trade for matching cards], and turns those cards into First Class Passes that allow you to get dropped off at any co-ordinates, instead of just normal Outpost Stops Only passes).
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 28, 2011, 03:48:13 pm »

I don't know, I wasn't able to add one to the last memento I created.

I'm pretty sure there's a list of attributes, and that's it. I was told that attributes will only show up if you give the item to someone else, and not if you keep it yourself.

I tried testing with an alt, and never got a prompt, so I dunno. I might create a prototype and try giving it to one of you two. Been trying to get some concrete answers, but no luck; could be I need to prod the forums.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 28, 2011, 04:09:39 pm »

The Epic of The Zomboat.

I've chunked dialogue options together where timing didn't matter to make it easier to read. If you don't see orange and blue in a given chunk, you don't have to read it to get the zomboat story, but it's got some nice bits with Carlynne in it, so you should at least give them a look. Gods, I love her so much.

Spoiler: Zomboat, Part 1 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 04:13:01 pm by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 28, 2011, 04:10:21 pm »

Spoiler: Zomboat, Part 2 (click to show/hide)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 28, 2011, 04:11:26 pm »

Spoiler: Zomboat, Part 3 (click to show/hide)

Summary: Me and Rucin make a submarine out of pieces of our body to explore the island pipeworks. We don't get very far. Carlynne does a poo on a salesman, and I guess some other stuff happens.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 05:12:55 pm by GlyphGryph »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 28, 2011, 09:18:39 pm »

Spoiler: Failboat, Post Zomboat (click to show/hide)

Under the Ocean - The Drive Defeated
Glyph sunk through the water. Okay, maaaaaybe lighting the failboat on fire hadn't been the greatest idea. But gosh darn it, everyone knows he can't resist a suggestion from a pretty lass! And he was really getting into the spirit of the pirate thing, too!
Ah well, he thought, ah I suppose ah'll jest have to walk back to land.
Eventually, he found himself on the bottom of the sea, surrounded by an assortment of junk and wreckage. The remnants of ships and planes and ordinance that had been used over the years to attack the Island, improbable objects and sealife, like... yeah, he was pretty sure that was a Miniature Giant Enemy Crab. Adorable. He shrugged, and began the long trudge towards shore, figuring the slope of the ocean floor surely led to the Island.
Behind him, a blue light blinked on. The shadows in the crevice twisted, and the device slid out of its hiding place. Glyph didn't realize what was happening until it was almost too late, metal tendrils wrapping around his body and pulling him backwards. He turned his head, the water filling his lungs as he gasped.
The Drive, here? Here!?
Fine then. If it wanted to fight here, I can fight here. He rolled up his sleeves as the drive carried him towards its gaping maw. If the drive wants to play at being a giant robotic drive squid, well, I guess I'm going to have to kill myself a giant robotic squid.

---

The Failboat rocked a bit as the explosion sounded far below. None on the ship were the wiser, most didn't even notice, that every one of the cage monsters simultaneously growing cat ears and a ducks beak was certainly rather odd. Those on board simple ignored it, and went about their day.

--

Later (but not much later) , the Watcher stood looking down at the thing that had washed up on shore.
"What do you suppose we should do with it, ma'am?", one of her helpers asked. She frowned. "He's not an it. He's a contestant. A plonker even, but not an it. Or, at least... he wasn't."
The others stood around, silently, awkwardly.
"Looks more like a jungle monster to me, ma'am. And we don't have any memories available to push over something like... well, like this, ma'am."
The Watcher sighed.
"Just wipe him, then. Wipe him and leave him here. We'll mark him off as a loss. Maybe, if he gets lucky... but no, best to just mark him off. No use getting our hopes off. He'll be just another jungle monster as far as the rest of them are concerned. Just another casualty of the war."
The Watcher turned sharply, and strode away, suppressing a shiver.
Spiders. Why did it always have to be spiders.

--

He woke, looking about him. Confused. Fuzzy. If he were capable of thinking real words in the state he was in, they probably would have approached the gist of "How did I get here?"

But there are no answers for him. He os alone. He moves his arms, feeling the joints snap, pushing himself off the ground. He moves his mandibles, stretches out his many arms. It all feels incredibly wrong, somehow. Alien. And yet, at the same time, so very very right. He certainly could not remember a time when any of it was any different. Chittering to himself, he pushes himself up onto his feet. Elusive memories dance in his head, bits and pieces, disconnected, of times and place, memories that flee whenever he attempts to dwell on them, frustrating prey in a jungle of thought that lies cloaked in impenetrable shadow. He clacks his mandibles together. Enough thinking. He is hungry. With a flurry of legs, he disappears into the trees of a completely different jungle. It is time to hunt.

Current Physical Description
This spider creature is a terrible mixture of human and spider traits, the human bits almost completely subsumed by the mess of legs and chitin and dark brown fur. A vaguely humanish torso and face, perhaps, covered in course hairs, quickly turning into a spindly limbs and vicious mandibles, it's eight legs feeling the way forward as it moves. Nothing about it seems... right, at all.

Ruddy brown stripes run down it's back, and it's eight eyes are glassy, like a dark liquid, taking up the bulk of its face. It's mandibles click and twitch impatiently, almost constantly moving.

It looks hungry.

On a beach outside New Pittsburgh:
Nearby Male SpiderMorph [04m00s] <Bay> Glyph McGriffin wakes up. His body his strange. His memories are jumbles or nonexistant. And he is hungry. In a flurry of legs, he disappears into the woods. It is time to hunt.
Spiderbasetype reference pic:
http://spleen-me.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/dsc_0299.jpg
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 10:48:39 pm by GlyphGryph »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 29, 2011, 02:39:02 am »

So I was quite surprised, after dying a trillion times in Global, to find out that violence is not allowed in any outposts. At all. It's not listed in the site rules, but it is on the Wiki page for Advanced Roleplaying.  ???

I was under the impression that the only rules were "Don't be a dick" and "Don't take things seriously".

Heck, I'm going back to Banter. I need my silly violence.
I tried.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 29, 2011, 09:43:45 am »

It IS allowed in Story, it just needs to be taken outside an outpost.

Having a place to fight was explicitly one of the reasons I wanted the RaunchHaus (since there's no fighting allowed in the Bordello either), since there is currently no place on the Island to get into bar fights. And because I was going to include a "violence reset" into the structure somehow (mirroring Global, I suppose?), I expected there to be plenty of it.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 29, 2011, 03:42:26 pm »

Colors not done for you, Quinnr, but here's the sketch I'll be working from:

Obviously, I've ignored a good portion of what you requested, hopefully you are still happy with it! I just had to go with my gut, y'know?

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 29, 2011, 04:39:26 pm »

Glyph!

I demand (well, put in a polite request, with a please) that you draw Krys at some point. :)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 29, 2011, 05:28:50 pm »

Colors not done for you, Quinnr, but here's the sketch I'll be working from:

~snipped~

Obviously, I've ignored a good portion of what you requested, hopefully you are still happy with it! I just had to go with my gut, y'know?
I love it! And that's perfectly fine, I just add details that are in my head, not necessarily what will make it turn out totally awesomesauce.
But yeah, thanks so much for it!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 29, 2011, 05:43:09 pm »

I'm done done yet, either. In fact, at the request of those I've been chatting with in Global, I've made a few small changes.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 05:57:19 pm by GlyphGryph »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 29, 2011, 06:03:44 pm »

Err, I think I'll stick with the first one ;)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 29, 2011, 08:03:52 pm »

And also, of course I will draw Krys! I made it quite clear I would be happy too, no need to make demands! ;)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22